Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poland v England (game off, 4pm Wednesday)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012

I am sure if it was at Wembley and called off people wouldn't be saying should be 3-0 to Poland! Unfortunately part of the game, done a few European games and would of been the same outcome missing the game due to the flight. Highly annoying but one of those things.

wembley aint got a roof though, thats the point woods.
  • Options
    is it on itv?
  • Options

is it on itv?

yea 4pm.
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

I am sure if it was at Wembley and called off people wouldn't be saying should be 3-0 to Poland! Unfortunately part of the game, done a few European games and would of been the same outcome missing the game due to the flight. Highly annoying but one of those things.

It has a roof just doesn't cover the whole pitch, just part of the game
  • Options
    edited October 2012

bloodnut said:

woods have a read through the thread and the papers tomorrow, you cant help the rain im with you on that, but if you have a new stadium built with a retractable roof that covers the whole pitch for the reason of keeping out the elements like poland did/have then not shutting that roof knowing rain was coming before our game kinda makes you ask the question why it wasnt shut/closed so no danger of the game being called off and causing hassle for all the fans ect...

hopefully this has cleared up my point for ya?
  • Options
    any talk about refunds on match tickets/travel for the fans that went?
  • Options

Absolute farce the most ludicrous fucking thing I have ever experienced at football. Without the phones we were clueless in the ground no announcements in english nothing on the screen until after the intended kick off time. Flight home tomorrow from Katowice can't afford to rearrange or take thursday off as haven't got any more holiday. Should be O-3 and a forfeit.

Feel truly and utterly sorry for you mate, absolute joke. Think it's a piss take that a country which should have state of the art equipment and technological can't have the intellectual quality to realise to close the roof when they were told that torrential rain was coming 12 hours ahead of schedule.

Furthermore, i heard that they decided to leave the roof open to try and slow our game to give the Poles more of a chance, i don't know how true this is but if accurate, Absolute disgrace and should be automatic win to the English.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Who's is the Bexley Kent Charlton St George flag then?

Bloke called Nut nut ! Top man he is
  • Options
    Its stopped raining and the roof is shut
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bloodnut said:

is it on itv?

yea 4pm.
    I can't see it on Sky TV's listing...?
  • Options
    joeaddick said:

bloodnut said:

is it on itv?

yea 4pm.
    Yes it is:

"Rising Damp", ITV3 at 4pm.

• Options
    And, during GSTQ before the match, will the line "Long to reign over us" be sung louder than usual ?
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

woods have a read through the thread and the papers tomorrow, you cant help the rain im with you on that, but if you have a new stadium built with a retractable roof that covers the whole pitch for the reason of keeping out the elements like poland did/have then not shutting that roof knowing rain was coming before our game kinda makes you ask the question why it wasnt shut/closed so no danger of the game being called off and causing hassle for all the fans ect...

I am not saying the roof shouldn't be shut but to say it should be a automatic win for England is a bit silly! People make mistakes in life everyday some big some small, someone has made a big mistake here let's just hope they learn from it.
  • Options

joeaddick said:

bloodnut said:

is it on itv?

yea 4pm.
    Yes it is:

"Rising Damp", ITV3 at 4pm.

Rising Damp is an accurate description of the fixture...
    Is it on the box...?

• Options
    Apparently, starts at 3-30 on ITV1.
  • Options

bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

I am not saying the roof shouldn't be shut but to say it should be a automatic win for England is a bit silly! People make mistakes in life everyday some big some small, someone has made a big mistake here let's just hope they learn from it.
    the point is that Poland left it open on purpose to try and gain an advantage and they got found out. they will get a fine id imagine.
  • Options

Apparently, starts at 3-30 on ITV1.

Alan bogmarsh...
  • Options
  • Options
    JT that was brilliant the two lads that got on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Biggest joke going last night . It had been raining all bloody day and Didn't close roof.
    Absolute joke
    Been trying to change flight they want £400 profiteering at its best .
    So now about to go back to airport and miss the game
  • Options
    what airline are most people flying with?

you would think that if the airline was UK based (BA for example) they would assist fans in changing flights for double cheap. would be a massive bit of good publicity for them.
  • Options
    I read that if people can't make the re arranged game the FA will look into compensating the fans
  • Options
    where were the groundsmen? who was the fella we had who used to dress like inspector cloussau? anyone remember him? always remember my dad making a joke that cato was going to jump out of the stand and start fighting with him.

• Options
    Total and utter contempt for the fans yet again by Fifa and I am not surprised one bit that no-one from the England camp could even muster a half gesture towards the travelling fans who were just left in limbo by the bunch of complete tossers who were supposed to be organising this event.

If the FA do compensate then that will be something. It`s the very least these people deserve for their support!

• Options
    Apparently someone refused to shut the roof during the rain as it would invalidate the warranty on it. You couldn't make it up...
  • Options
    Joke! So everyone who works now cant watch it, play it @ 6pm our time :(
  • Options
    The England players were already on the coach when the game was officially called off. I'm sure it's not something they deliberately did (not going out to aknoweldge fans) their probably under instruction by the powers that be.

• Options
    E-cafc said:

Total and utter contempt for the fans yet again by Fifa and I am not surprised one bit that no-one from the England camp could even muster a half gesture towards the travelling fans who were just left in limbo by the bunch of complete tossers who were supposed to be organising this event.

If the FA do compensate then that will be something. It`s the very least these people deserve for their support!

Maybe you can explain why it is FIFA's fault?