Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Victoria Stanyon

Comments

• Options
    She has got a great arse, i agree.

Dont mind it personally
  • Options
    eldvide - why shouldnt Palarse get shit about everything ! dont understand the concept of NOT slagging them off
  • Options
    Stunning
    Great to watch
    Deff bettet than nothing
    Only wish she would come round edge of pitch get more stuck in with the fans
  • Options
    some like Opera, some don't. I can't say I love it however I do appreciate a good voice and she certainly has that.

I think the original poster is hugely in the minority and I suspect feeling a little daft right now

Looking forward to Saturday - I've been saying all season that we are going to thump Barnsley so it's time for the boys to do the honours
  • Options

eldvide - why shouldnt Palarse get shit about everything ! dont understand the concept of NOT slagging them off

I agree entirely! I'm just curious to know why the main reason everyone wants to watch the Opera singer (again!) is because she has a tight arse! Yet Palace have women who flaunt alot more, do something different, but it's wrong.

• Options
    eldavide said:

I agree entirely! I'm just curious to know why the main reason everyone wants to watch the Opera singer (again!) is because she has a tight arse! Yet Palace have women who flaunt alot more, do something different, but it's wrong.

everything palace do is always wrong ... basic rule of nature
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Curb_It said:

Because Victoria has a real talent for singing opera.

Go to the opera then. This is a football match.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

its PRE-MATCH entertainment. it doesnt add value to your ticket and you dont have to listen to it.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Sod off. Thats not my point at all. I dont think cheerleaders can sing. they have other talents I think, maybe. He was talking about the palace point and thats what i was referring to okay????????

• Options
    She is brilliant and contributes to the atmosphere. I'll make sure i'm in the stadium so that I can hear her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Splodge said:

I see we've got Victoria Stanyon screeching the place down once more on Saturday. It's noticeable that after a £5 game, we never see an increase in gates to hint that people come again at full price. Perhaps they would, but they assume we have to put up with that racket every single game and so give it a miss?

Are you insane? I wish I could marry her...
  • Options

surely you meant tight dress and nice arse.
  • Options
    Just look at how happy she is to be doing it... Probably her dream come true performing at a place like the Valley...She's a fan after all. Although her dream has come true a few times now... Haha... Personally not my sort of thing but seeing her do it still makes me smile..
  • Options

Quite right. If they paid my season ticket and sent me a beer and kebab before every home game I'd still slag them off!
  • Options
    I like it because it's different and an experience I'd be unlikely to encounter otherwise as I'm not likely to go to "proper" opera for all sorts of reasons.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Just look at how happy she is to be doing it... Probably her dream come true performing at a place like the Valley...She's a fan after all. Although her dream has come true a few times now... Haha... Personally not my sort of thing but seeing her do it still makes me smile..

How about asking The Van Susans to play then?
  • Options

surely you meant tight dress and nice arse.

Hahahaha! Oooh er Missus!
  • Options
    Don't worry about telling the truth and saying you dont like her style, she's imune to all that (yes I do know her) she's a pro and that means accepting not everyone will love what you do. I'm not so keen on opera outside opera, but I dont think she would be angry with me for stating my preferences.
  • Options
    i think it's uplifting in more ways than one.
  • Options
    On the idea of alternatives, does anyone remember the Dutch Oompah band way back, match started with the band still being played through the speakers and the ref had to ask for them to be turned off. Still like Victoria but they would be a great alternative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought she was brilliant at the last game of the season in may. really added to the occasion.
  • Options
    They were annoying as they played throughout the match - gave me a headache!
  • Options
    There are some miserable s*ds on here. It's good for the pre-match atmosphere whether or not you like opera and I'm pretty sure Valley Floyd Road has never been sung at the Royal Opera house or on the Last Night of The Proms. Not an opera fan myself but I'm more than happy to hear a Charlton fan belting it out before kick-off!
  • Options
    And she sings it at a much better speed
  • Options
    Thread is useless without pics
  • Options
    There you go, best i can do
  • Options
    A peach.
  • Options

There are some miserable s*ds on here. It's good for the pre-match atmosphere whether or not you like opera and I'm pretty sure Valley Floyd Road has never been sung at the Royal Opera house or on the Last Night of The Proms. Not an opera fan myself but I'm more than happy to hear a Charlton fan belting it out before kick-off!

But do we have to have it EVERY time we do a special discount day/trophy presentation?
    I just think after 12 years of it, maybe by now someone in the promotions dept might have had a new idea
  • Options
    I hate the deafening steelband nonsense we've had in the past, just go & have a beer/coffee down the back of the stand if you don't like it.
    At least Victoria is a Charlton fan singing a song that we can all identify with.
    & before any right on PCer attacks thats NOT racist couldn't give a F what colour they are, just not my thing especially at the volume it was forced upon us.
    V slightly off topic sorry