Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Victoria Stanyon

Comments

• Options
    eldavide said:

There are some miserable s*ds on here. It's good for the pre-match atmosphere whether or not you like opera and I'm pretty sure Valley Floyd Road has never been sung at the Royal Opera house or on the Last Night of The Proms. Not an opera fan myself but I'm more than happy to hear a Charlton fan belting it out before kick-off!

But do we have to have it EVERY time we do a special discount day/trophy presentation?
    I just think after 12 years of it, maybe by now someone in the promotions dept might have had a new idea
    Is it really that many? I am looking forward to it personally. EV maybe you could throw a few ideas in?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I like it because it's different and an experience I'd be unlikely to encounter otherwise as I'm not likely to go to "proper" opera for all sorts of reasons.

Too many posh oiks standing up in front?

;-)
  • Options

Think she is great, plus she is a fellow fan. If its not your thing just get to your seat a bit.later.

Good luck Victoria if you're reading.

this
  • Options
    As a classical music fan, have to say she has a good voice,listened to her on her own web site. Unfortunately the grounds system does not do her justice, but still enjoy her version of vallley floyd road.
  • Options
    eldavide said:

But do we have to have it EVERY time we do a special discount day/trophy presentation?
    I just think after 12 years of it, maybe by now someone in the promotions dept might have had a new idea

They may have had some new ideas, but they were sacked :-)
  • Options
    Arse
  • Options
    For a soprano she's got a very broad bottom end which adds plenty to her performance. I like a few vocal gymnastics before a game from time to time - no harm in some variety, it's the spice of life after all.
    If you don't like operatic singing at all then vote with your feet I'm sure Victoria won't be upset at all, there's no call for slagging her off, especially from behind a pseudonym and when you know nothing about what she does.
  • Options
    I sort of agree with Splodge, she's a bit 'screechy' but I think that's more down to the grounds speakers/soundsystem than her voice. Not bothered about her being on the pitch again though, I'll just cover my ears as before!
  • Options
    wilma i tend to agree i would much rather hear her moan !
  • Options
    I'm sure she'll be great, let's hope the weather is good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps the sound quality depends on where you sit in the stadium. From the back of Lower West,Victoria sounds superb, and this news has me looking forward to Saturday afternoon for musical and football reasons. Opera is not 'my' kind of music (as a vintage soul and blues fan), but her voice and performance of VFR are magnificent!
  • Options
    I thought this was another "would'ya?" thread! Incidentally I would!
  • Options

I thought this was another "would'ya?" thread! Incidentally I would!

Shhhh............

• Options
    Opera is not my thing at all, but admit I like the sense of occasion that it brings when she sings at The Valley.

And one of our own too.
  • Options

For a soprano she's got a very broad bottom end which adds plenty to her performance. I like a few vocal gymnastics before a game from time to time - no harm in some variety, it's the spice of life after all.
    If you don't like operatic singing at all then vote with your feet I'm sure Victoria won't be upset at all, there's no call for slagging her off, especially from behind a pseudonym and when you know nothing about what she does.

I like her bottom end.

I'd like to see her do more than vocal gymnastics.

etc etc.
  • Options
    I thinks she gives a great injection of passion and atmosphere - many clubs have people singing, but seldom one of their own, so to speak. In my opinion that makes it even better.
  • Options
    I'm not into classical music at all, but when i heard her at the Hartlepool game it brought tears to my eyes. It really made it feel like an event.
  • Options
    I'm a fan.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I'm not at all interested in her London derriere.

• Options
    What time does she finish? I could stay home and chase the cats round with a broom if I wanted to hear what she sounds like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sounds like a plan --well done
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Charlton is slowly bringing back the variety show!
  • Options
    Like her boots!
  • Options
    Oggy u worry me fella
  • Options
    She's thinking of the pitch. Imagine walking out in stilletos... well perhaps you shouldn't GH.

• Options

What time does she finish? I could stay home and chase the cats round with a broom if I wanted to hear what she sounds like.

I'm sure if you get there for around 5pm-ish she'll be all done.
  • Options
    I think Victoria is great, and I wan't to see her duet with Jade from the X Factor.
  • Options
    She's good, but she is no Mario Lanza....
  • Options

She's good, but she is no Mario Lanza....

Danny !!!!!!

That's OUR little secret .....

NOT Victoria's ....