Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Victoria Stanyon

Comments

• Options
    eldavide said:

There are some miserable s*ds on here. It's good for the pre-match atmosphere whether or not you like opera and I'm pretty sure Valley Floyd Road has never been sung at the Royal Opera house or on the Last Night of The Proms. Not an opera fan myself but I'm more than happy to hear a Charlton fan belting it out before kick-off!

But do we have to have it EVERY time we do a special discount day/trophy presentation?
    I just think after 12 years of it, maybe by now someone in the promotions dept might have had a new idea

What a miserable Git you are.
  • Options

What time does she finish? I could stay home and chase the cats round with a broom if I wanted to hear what she sounds like.

I don't for one minute think you will be there Saturday anyway , so what does it matter ?
  • Options
    I thought the worse thing about the Hartlepool game was that awful DJ, I cringed at every insincere platitude that left his offensive mouth....BDL should have been given that shift.
  • Options
    She's a cafc fan, it's something a bit different, adds to the atmosphere.

Why not?
  • Options
    I think she's great and the way she's holding the mic in that picture is of great interest to me .
  • Options

What a miserable Git you are.

Really? For wanting a bit of variety, I'm miserable? Is it really that hard to come up with an original idea? Someone else posted that maybe someone had new ideas but were sacked, what about the possibility they were sacked because every time someone sat down and said " Right what special pre match entertainment shall we get?" the response was always "Opera singer".
    I've never said I don't appreciate what she does, I'm just fed up that EVERY time we have an opera singer, the variety being that once we had TWO opera singers!
    if that makes me miserable, maybe I should try your mundain existance Bedsaddick?
  • Options
    Just goes to show our supporters will literally moan about anything.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2012
    On the whole, it has been well received in the past so why shouldn't you try to repeat success? Maybe when it get's to the point that people are booing VS or not even in the ground then Rick someone will start looking at alternatives.
  • Options

Much as I like a classical singer, it rather grates when they perform non-classical pieces.
    VFR is a terrace song, sung by many, and not best performed by a lone voice, IMO.

Cannot the club invite Glen Tilbrook and Chris Difford to The Valley? They know a song or two..

Wouldnt work, I'm pretty sure Tillbrook would not work to a backing track, and setting up a band and breaking it down after a 15 minute set just before kick off would be a logistical nightmare.

Victoria and the other opera singer (cant remember his name) work well because its easy for the club to produce because they just sing to backing tracks!
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    next time

• Options
    but how long will they have to queue to get their food?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

but how long will they have to queue to get their food?

That photo was taken midway through the second half

:-)

• Options
    ....and how come the Red Devils weren't miked up singing 'Goodbye Horse' as they landed? It was total chite I tell you, chite!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    nice face, great body, great voice ... what's not to like .. Victoria I'm writing about
  • Options
    She is a Charlton fan and a great singer who also has other qualities I can pretend not to have noticed as a married man. What isn't there to like?
  • Options
    This thread's like manna from heaven for the most recent trolls we've picked up imo.
  • Options

This thread's like manna from heaven for the most recent trolls we've picked up imo.

Some of those triolls are the old ones but with new names .
  • Options

Some of those triolls are the old ones but with new names .
    You back Chirpy Red?

• Options

I don't for one minute think you will be there Saturday anyway , so what does it matter ?

I'd figured that out already.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its crap

Much rather Avicii or Swedish House Mafia do a pre game set.
  • Options
    We haven't lost when she has sung before/during a game.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Amazing talent but absolutely not my cup of tea at all at football and seems (to me) a Crystal Palace type form of entertainment trying to generate a false atmosphere. Still obviously lots of people do enjoy it so just a case of turn up at 3pm if like me it's not your thing and fill your boots if it is.

Fair play to the club for trying to do extra stuff though for the fans even if it isn't all our cuppa.
  • Options

Don't go to your seat until kick off if you feel that bad about it.
    I think she sounds great.

And looks even better
  • Options
    Her music isn't to my taste but she's got a cracking arse.
  • Options
    I went to the opera for the first time a few weeks ago, and was disappointed to see some fellas on the stage ten minutes before the main event doing keepy-uppies.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I went to the opera for the first time a few weeks ago, and was disappointed to see some fellas on the stage ten minutes before the main event doing keepy-uppies.

You're wasted on here, you know!
  • Options
    Little bit ear piercing!
  • Options
    Well it's not my really my thing but then again the bloke next to me absolutely loved it, as did loads of other people around me, and she has clearly got an amazing voice and she is charlton fan so tbh they seem fair enough reasons for her to be doing it.
    I won't mention her other attributes because i am still on the Valley Express coach and dribbling over your phone and seat is a little frowned upon by my fellow travellers ;-)