Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley

Anyone know when the next edition is due out ?

Comments

• Options
    Seeing as Rick has a bit of time on his hands now I was hoping for this Saturday :-)
  • Options
    Thats a hard copy of course, I will be looking to download a kindle version Friday evening
  • Options
    xmas special
  • Options
    funny you should mention that...
  • Options
    razil said:

funny you should mention that...

:-)
  • Options
    any help required, let me know
  • Options
    Can we have a photo of the Mysterions on the cover please?
  • Options
    Seriously, if this is a runner, I'm in.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Holding the front cover pending arrival of Mysteron image.
  • Options
    Hope there'll be some sort of subscription available for exiles in a paper copy. Reading online won't be the same as clutching it on A5.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Rick needs a bit of funding to get it off the ground, who's in?
  • Options

Yup
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Yup
    Can't help with any money, but will help in any other way if needed.

• Options

Two more here.

• Options
    edited October 2012

Yes, could it also help to fund his "freedom of speech" ? Would hate to think that he would be forced to keep quiet, to allow a decent pay off from those who would prefer his silence !
  • Options
    I hope Jimenez lives to regret, effectively getting rid of 3 top Charlton men & losing Kevin Cash through his attitude.
    I wonder if he realises what he's doing ? I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    Always found the "voice" a good read. I even contributed a couple of songs which I seem to remember got published. Would welcome it back.
  • Options
    I'd be in for anything I could do, Airman.
  • Options
    Does any club do fanzines these days? Blog rules.
  • Options
    TJ is a hard nosed bastd who don't care who or what gets hurt in the interests of being successful and earning a quid

Don't begin for one minute to imagine he doesn't know what he is doing or the impact of it

The fact that it's Done and the first 2 left without a murmour from the masses of discontent

Do you honestly think people will make noise for RE

I do not expect to hear it or see it Saturday

And I don't know him but I doubt rick does either

The thing I think everyone needs to remember is TJ does not care so you can scream and moan and do many things to highlight the issues

It won't make one jot to TJ I get the feeling that RE knows what he can do to potentially open the worms so we all know

But I think he also knows that it won't really bother TJ so he needs to find what will
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on NLA. Found out a few weeks ago that my brother in law went to school with him. He hasn't changed a bit - he's just richer now.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Would love a fanzine back but worry the masses will be happy with their blogs and forums
  • Options

Depends. If I get a seat on the board, and a say in how the rag's run, and a cut when it's punted on to a major pubishing house, then yeah. :)

Seriously - if some readies will help get it back off the ground again, I'm in.
  • Options
    As a youngster, what's all the hate with for forums or blogs - were all using a website right now to discuss this!

The only real issue I see would be any revenue generated by a digital version; but even that is a minor issue. It certainly opens the door to actual "voices", in the sense that it promotes discussion and allows a wider audience to read it.

-waits for the 'you're to young to remember' line...-
  • Options
    From what I can determine. CL have been trying to encourage a magazine element for some time but not many people have been forthcoming. Perhaps if Rick is going to do this it could be in partnership with CL?
  • Options
    I never saw the appeal in them either and I ain't that young nor am I old at 37 I was going when the votv was at its peak

I just would rather have nicked my brothers if I wanted to read it
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

As a youngster, what's all the hate with for forums or blogs - were all using a website right now to discuss this!

The only real issue I see would be any revenue generated by a digital version; but even that is a minor issue. It certainly opens the door to actual "voices", in the sense that it promotes discussion and allows a wider audience to read it.

-waits for the 'you're to young to remember' line...-

I don't think there is a hatred of forums or blogs for the reason you give.

However Voice of The Valley was iconic and helped mobilise fans and a new version may help do that again if needed.

I'd look on it as complementing blogs and forums rather than replacing them if it happens.
  • Options

TJ is a hard nosed bastd who don't care who or what gets hurt in the interests of being successful and earning a quid

Don't begin for one minute to imagine he doesn't know what he is doing or the impact of it

The fact that it's Done and the first 2 left without a murmour from the masses of discontent

Do you honestly think people will make noise for RE

I do not expect to hear it or see it Saturday

And I don't know him but I doubt rick does either

The thing I think everyone needs to remember is TJ does not care so you can scream and moan and do many things to highlight the issues

It won't make one jot to TJ I get the feeling that RE knows what he can do to potentially open the worms so we all know

But I think he also knows that it won't really bother TJ so he needs to find what will

Cold hearted or not, there isn't much tangible evidence that what has been going has been to the detriment of the club... so far at least.

The vast majority of fans will judge the boards success on playing results and even the biggest critics of the board on here can't do anything but admit they have been on an upward trajectory since the summer of 2011.

Until there is a clear statement from someone genuinely in the know that clearly outlines what is happening and why it is bad, the majority of fans won't care too much if a few old faces lose their jobs.

Not saying that is right and isn't a bit short sighted, but that's the reality of it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Exiled said :- Cold hearted or not, there isn't much tangible evidence that what has been going has been to the detriment of the club... so far at least.

The vast majority of fans will judge the boards success on playing results and even the biggest critics of the board on here can't do anything but admit they have been on an upward trajectory since the summer of 2011.

Until there is a clear statement from someone genuinely in the know that clearly outlines what is happening and why it is bad, the majority of fans won't care too much if a few old faces lose their jobs.

Not saying that is right and isn't a bit short sighted, but that's the reality of it.

There are 3 people who could give a clear statement. That's why they were all effectively sacked !
  • Options
    Has anyone told Ackworth yet?
    I bet he's sharpening the pencil now whilst checking the spelling of Lewes' left back (no, not Barness).