Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charge to use Blackwall Tunnel

Comments

• Options
    Will increase the cost of coach travel to away games.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Will increase the cost of coach travel to away games.

Yep, an extra 8p each. I'd better start saving I've only got a minimum of 9 years.
  • Options

If you don't like it then don't drive, simple as. You earn enough to pay it so stop being tight arses

Oh the irony.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

What a load of shite, so to get from south of the river to north of the river you now have to pay at Dartford, pay at Blackwall or drive all the way into central London and pay the congestion charge? This country is a fecking joke at times, and what with the London Bridge upgrade (guaranteed to push ticket prices up ridiculously, yet again!) and it's no wonder this country is going completely tits up

The Woolwich Ferry, or drive round the south circ, or M25 past Heathrow and you'll get there quicker than those queueing at the tolls!

• Options
    Surprised we have not sold it to the French.
  • Options
    Boris said today that it wouldn't happen all the time he is mayor.
  • Options

If you don't like it then don't drive, simple as. You earn enough to pay it so stop being tight arses

Knob
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Knob
    You c*nt arse
  • Options

Off_it said:

Knob
    You c*nt arse
    How does that work?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Knob
    You c*nt arse
    How does that work?
    Ask yourself that question
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm asking you. Enlighten me. Humour me.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Off_it said:

Knob
    Chill Offy when it's introduced I'm sure Nathan will offer his share of the toll fee to the driver he's ponced a lift off.
  • Options
    Don't worry as the current govt. is making such a mess of everything it is inevitable that Ed Balls will be the next occupant of No. 11. (Unless the sweaties vote yes to independence (oh, please!) of course.) So by 2021 £2 will only be worth around 20p.
  • Options

I take it you've taken a similar approach with your property's maintenance charge increase and have decided to move.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

This doesn't mean much, seeing as most political commentators think Boris could be the next leader of the Conservatives.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Saga Lout said:

smiffyboy said:

This doesn't mean much, seeing as most political commentators think Boris could be the next leader of the Conservatives.

Hmmmm, that's still quite a long shot, don't forget he'd have to find a nice safe seat first and - contrary to popular belief - that is far from easy.

I like Johnson as entertainment value and his social liberalism, but you have to wonder how his routine would go down as PM, the MoL is a very different job and is very much personality led whereas the PM has to often deal with very serious issues where his 'bumbling toff' routine would not go down all that well.
  • Options

My twat-dar is going mad. What a fucking moby.
  • Options

Absolutely clueless.

• Options

Fair enough: And the next time you're on a bus or train I'm sure you won't mind being held up whilst I load the carpets, underlay, gripper-rods, doorbars, tools, carpet samples, etc onto the bus or train.
    Then you'd probably moan about the lack of space.
    Nathan, grow-up.

• Options
    Wouldn't it be fairer if we charged for all the crossing over/under the Thames including those in West London where there are lots of safe tory seats such as Richmond, Kew, Chelsea etc etc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's just another tax. They have to raise the money from somewhere. We are currently spending c. £180bn a year more than we're getting in.

I think there are going to be many, many more schemes like this one before we generate enough to pay for all those multiple children families that don't work.

I don't use Blackwall tunnel, but I do use Dartford, and I don't like paying for it, but I realise that we all have to pay one way or another. At least these type of taxes hit those that don't work (who all seem to drive). The alternative is raising income tax which hill hit those of us that work even more as those that don't earn don't pay any.
  • Options
    TfL have to pay for it somehow, and it would have been cheaper and more effective to have built the Bridge at Thamesmead, that Boris blocked, because of complaints from Bexley council.
  • Options
    As KHA said if there are a set of people to moan at about these schemes it is the people who live off benefits because they can't be arsed to go to work.
  • Options
    Kings hill has it spot on

No problem paying the toll just think the delays will be horrific with just the 2 lanes
  • Options
    Thought the vehicle taxes paid for this tunnel years ago.
  • Options
    Not sure if it’s anywhere else on here, so I will add it here. TFL have confirmed that a charge will be imposed on users of the Tunnel, once the Silvertown Tunnel has been completed 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12408307/London-drivers-toll-Blackwall-Tunnel-2025.html
  • Options
    Why should people who live of the east of London have to pay, but those in the west can cross the river for free?
    Gotta keep the peasants in their place.
  • Options
    The old comments on this one are worth a read 
  • Options
    It was the only way to fund Silvertown tunnel. I suppose you could say that the central bridges are in the congestion charge zone.