Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charge to use Blackwall Tunnel

Comments

• Options
    Surprised it never got shut down when everyone started cunting everyone off!

2012 was a very laid back year on CL.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    TfL have to pay for it somehow, and it would have been cheaper and more effective to have built the Bridge at Thamesmead, that Boris blocked, because of complaints from Bexley council.
    Instead of tfl just whacking a toll on the Blackwall and Silvertown, why not distribute it evenly over the other bridges/tunnel that they own?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Rothko said:
    TfL have to pay for it somehow, and it would have been cheaper and more effective to have built the Bridge at Thamesmead, that Boris blocked, because of complaints from Bexley council.
    Instead of tfl just whacking a toll on the Blackwall and Silvertown, why not distribute it evenly over the other bridges/tunnel that they own?
    They’re all bladdy closed atm
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    PopIcon said:
    Rothko said:
    They’re all bladdy closed atm
    And TfL don’t own most of the bridges in central London 
  • Options
    Stick tolls on the bridges too in that case! What a silly idea. 
  • Options
    What about the Rotherhithe ? surely people will just that , if thats the case it will be a permanent car park around that area  
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    What about the Rotherhithe ? surely people will just that , if thats the case it will be a permanent car park around that area  
    Commercial vehicles not allowed to use it as far as I know.
  • Options
    Good old Prior. He was a character weren't he.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fadgadget said:
    Can't use it, my vehicle is too wide. 2.15 metres and a 2 metre width limit. (My own fault, I know, I could always fold in the wing mirrors I suppose.)
  • Options
    Thats each way 
  • Options
    £4 would be a pisstake when Dartford costs £2.50 or £1.66 if paid by direct debit 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    And you just know that they’ll sell it off to a private firm eventually. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    It's just one more reason for me not to drive in London. Happy days
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    And you just know that they’ll sell it off to a private firm eventually. Ridiculous.
    Probably just at about the point where they have still made a loss and before it becomes really profitable
  • Options
    I imagine going through Blackheath and Greenwich will become a right laugh.
  • Options

It would be great if more people felt this way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I doubt if more than a few people drive in London these days unless they really have to.

Let's face it - no-one wakes up and says, I know let's go for a drive in London 
    Yet, when I'm in central London having arrived by train/tube all the roads are rammed with cars.
  • Options

I doubt if more than a few people drive in London these days unless they really have to.

Yet, when I'm in central London having arrived by train/tube all the roads are rammed with cars.
    Yea most of which will have a little green round sticker in the front and back window.
  • Options

The roads are mostly rammed with buses, delivery lorries and trucks, taxis (of varying sorts), tradespeople vans, Blue badge holders' cars and people in cars who are on business. Or diplomats, who do love to drive around in their fancy cars. 

Driving in London is now so unpleasant - so that's one thing Khan has managed to achieve - that the number of ordinary people who decide to drive into the central area - and so have to pay the congestion charge and high parking charges - is very small. 
  • Options
    Living in Charlton within the ULEZ with a weekly training course over in Epping is going to be fun!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    £4 would be a pisstake when Dartford costs £2.50 or £1.66 if paid by direct debit 
    Lets raise the Dartford toll as well!

If only there was some kind of free ferry you could use as an alternative, oh no sadly its never available to use!
  • Options

The roads are mostly rammed with buses, delivery lorries and trucks, taxis (of varying sorts), tradespeople vans, Blue badge holders' cars and people in cars who are on business. Or diplomats, who do love to drive around in their fancy cars. 

Driving in London is now so unpleasant - so that's one thing Khan has managed to achieve - that the number of ordinary people who decide to drive into the central area - and so have to pay the congestion charge and high parking charges - is very small. 
    That Khan, what a bastard. Should have stuck with Johnson. Happy days. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Lets raise the Dartford toll as well!

If only there was some kind of free ferry you could use as an alternative, oh no sadly its never available to use!
    TfL have said both ferries will be in service by the end of the year with 7 day operation.

However, they want to introduce a toll in the future.
  • Options

That Khan, what a bastard. Should have stuck with Johnson. Happy days. 
    Couldn't have described Khan better myself. Glad you agree!