Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Excellent from EJ.
  • Options
    Saw Elton a few years back & he wasn't great....

Tonight he was magnificent from start to finish.  Brilliant 
  • Options
    Tiny Dancer get in!!
    I never really knew this song until recently. It was played at Charlton Dan’s funeral a few months ago and since then I now find it really strikes me when I hear it. Beautiful song. 
    It's a belter and having a "smaller than average!" 10 yr old daughter competing in Freestyle dance events it just fits her so well as a nickname, so we love it!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Elton's back catalogue is full of some of the greatest popular music anthems of the last 60 years, and he left out as many as he included. A truly superb performance from a musical icon.

That would have taken a lot out of him and at times it showed - take it easy in your retirement, Elton, and thank you for the joy you have given us all.
    He looked knackered walking onstage !!
  • Options
    What a performance last night from vic reeves. 

In all seriousness, great spectacle, and an absolute legend - but it's clearly time for him to retire from live performance.
  • Options
    brilliant from ej. 

the flags, people on shoulders and flares/smokes being let off i found annoying. 
  • Options
    brilliant from ej. 

the flags, people on shoulders and flares/smokes being let off i found annoying. 
    From your sofa ? :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught up on Cat Stevens, really good.  

He's got such beautiful songs.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    shine166 said:
    brilliant from ej. 

of course but its crap for trying to watch it, also have it at many gigs birds on blokes shoulders all to get a pic for the instagram account. 

so because im not there i cant find people obscuring a view annoying? 

its the same as tossers that go to live music events and video the whole thing 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    shine166 said:
    brilliant from ej. 

of course but its crap for trying to watch it, also have it at many gigs birds on blokes shoulders all to get a pic for the instagram account. 

It has zero effect on your experience at home, it's just moaning for the sake of it. Maybe BBC need to rethink the camera angles if they are filming the back of heads in the crowd. 

The flags are also usually 6 meters high, so don't really get in the way and are actually very helpful meeting points in a crowd of 80000 people. If I'm behind someone on shoulders, I tend to move 3 feet to the side because there's not actually that many of them.

Cameras and screens are definitely annoying 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    brilliant from ej. 

It has zero effect on your experience at home, it's just moaning for the sake of it. Maybe BBC need to rethink the camera angles if they are filming the back of heads in the crowd. 

The flags are also usually 6 meters high, so don't really get in the way and are actually very helpful meeting points in a crowd of 80000 people. If I'm behind someone on shoulders, I tend to move 3 feet to the side. 
    and my moaning has zero effect on you, its just causing a scene for the sake of it. 

we get it you have been glastonbury and im not allowed to have an opinion on it. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    brilliant from ej. 

The flags are also usually 6 meters high, so don't really get in the way and are actually very helpful meeting points in a crowd of 80000 people. If I'm behind someone on shoulders, I tend to move 3 feet to the side. 
    and my moaning has zero effect on you, its just causing a scene for the sake of it. 

we get it you have been glastonbury and im not allowed to have an opinion on it. 
    Lol, has have millions of other people. Just stating that moaning about something that you've read about is weird. 

• Options
    I rather liked Jacob Collier who I'd never heard of before. 

He displayed more energy than I witnessed in the Charlton midfield last season, it was something a bit different and I particularly liked the way he directed the crowd (on 46 minutes) below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001n9yk/glastonbury-jacob-collier
  • Options
    Check out ADG7 on iplayer.
    Lovely stuff if you have good musical taste, an open mind, and like enthusiasm.
  • Options
    Would love the BBC to cover Arcadia, amazing production that gets overlooked every year. Same with block9 and Shangri-la la etc 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Would love the BBC to cover Arcadia, amazing production that gets overlooked every year. Same with block9 and Shangri-la la etc 
    In reality, I don't think Arcadia would translate from LIVE to LIVING ROOM very well.  Also the artists that appear as usually fairly obscure compared to the acts covered on the 5 main stages.  Also gives artists an opportunity to perform somewhere without it getting recorded in UHD forever (and take risks, change up setlist).  I love the BBC coverage of Glasto (best in the world in terms of festival coverage) but sticking to the 5 main stages is more than enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Check out ADG7 on iplayer.
    Lovely stuff if you have good musical taste, an open mind, and like enthusiasm.
    That counts Elfie out. 🤭
  • Options
    Great gig by Elton, he should call it a day now and go out on a massive high.
    Was a bit underwhelmed by the guest artists to be honest, who I found somewhat meh.
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    shine166 said:
    In reality, I don't think Arcadia would translate from LIVE to LIVING ROOM very well.  Also the artists that appear as usually fairly obscure compared to the acts covered on the 5 main stages.  Also gives artists an opportunity to perform somewhere without it getting recorded in UHD forever (and take risks, change up setlist).  I love the BBC coverage of Glasto (best in the world in terms of festival coverage) but sticking to the 5 main stages is more than enough. 
    Only if you're over 60 lol, i jest, just a shame that only the main stages are recorded.. so much more to it than the pyramid etc. Would be great exposure for less well know bands that could flourish with the extra exposure. 

Overall though, i agree it does show why Glastonbury is arguably the best festival out there. 

• Options
    Was a bit underwhelmed by the guest artists to be honest, who I found somewhat meh.
    What was good about the guest artists is, if he had brought any massive superstars out, the story would have been a bit about them when, really, the story should be solely about Elton.  
  • Options
    brilliant from ej. 

It’s a festival, not a tv show ffs 
  • Options
    brilliant from ej. 

It’s a festival, not a tv show ffs 
    been to plenty of gigs and festivals im no where near edgy enough to attend, just some walloper with a swingball waving around i find a bit attention seeking if I'm honest. 
  • Options
    Ej was bloody brilliant last night.  I'd say thats arguably one of the better headliner performances in a long, long while.
  • Options
    Saturday night alright for fighting - based on nights out in a pub right near you (where I used to go as a teen)
  • Options
    I liked the fact Elton was keen to try and showcase younger talent for his guests. 

But whilst they all clearly have talent, they just seemed to be a bit lacking in something. Maybe just looking and sounding a bit too polished. Or maybe just the fact that the crowd didn’t care too much for them. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    bobmunro said:
    Elton's back catalogue is full of some of the greatest popular music anthems of the last 60 years, and he left out as many as he included. A truly superb performance from a musical icon.

That would have taken a lot out of him and at times it showed - take it easy in your retirement, Elton, and thank you for the joy you have given us all.
    He looked knackered walking onstage !!
    He fell last summer damaging his hip and is still in a lot of pain.