Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    He sounds fantastic. 76 years of age - astonishing. 
  • Options
    Elton still has a very good voice for his age.
    Very strong although he is veering towards a Vic Reeves club singer style now and again.
  • Options
    Voice sounds a hell of a lot better than last time I heard him  which is impressive after a long tour.
  • Options
    Voice sounds a hell of a lot better than last time I heard him  which is impressive after a long tour.
    His voice is definitely better than it was 3-5 years ago. Not sure if he’s had an op in that time since. 

Brilliant performer 
  • Options
    Elton sounding better than for a while. Looks like he’s relying on an autocue though if you watch his eyes (no shame in that)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    It's like a greatest hits jukebox ..... so many good songs
  • Options
    This is just superb! He is smashing it, great opening, more great songs....this is something else.....biggest crowd ever at Glasto?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is just superb! He is smashing it, great opening, more great songs....this is something else.....biggest crowd ever at Glasto?
    Has to be.

When you look at the size of that crowd you really realise how much of an event this is.

Elton John’s last ever UK show. It doesn’t get much bigger. 
  • Options
    McCartney in the wings!
  • Options
    McCartney in the wings!
    No, they split up years ago 

• Options
    McCartney in the wings!
    No, they split up years ago 
    Very good!! 🤣🤣
  • Options
    I really hope he does Tiny Dancer....love that song
  • Options
    Not wishing to try and be the hip kid watching something else for the sake of it… but QOTSA sounding awesome on the Other Stage
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I saw him in Vegas about 10 years ago, everything, the band, his voice, the set list, was bang on the money. He did about 90 minutes, and afterwards it dawned on you he could have done another 90 of his other songs and they’d all be hits. A great performer.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Alex Turner thinking : Who would have guessed that playing crowd favourites in the style people expect to be so popular? 
    Alex turner thinking - this isn’t the Royal
    variety show and I’m not doing it for the tv audience and doing what he wants 👌
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't think he'd sing this! Really surprised me!
  • Options
    Not wishing to try and be the hip kid watching something else for the sake of it… but QOTSA sounding awesome on the Other Stage
    Seconded. Launching into crowd pleasers, no messing about, great riffs. Cracking set so far (and presumably there's a fair chance Dave Grohl turns up at some point too...)
  • Options
    Just banger after banger from EJ. Class.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to see him live at the Valley, which I think may have been the last gig I went to. Texas in Birmingham I saw at a similar time, ironic as they played Glastonbury too this year. Really enjoying this though. He's awesome.
  • Options
    Your song. Utterly mesmerising 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    colthe3rd said:
    A quick trawl of the internet and I’ve seen for Axl:

Ian Beale
    Mick Hucknall
    Freddie Starr
    Eddie Izzard
    Elton John
    Jim Davidson
    Ronald Koeman
    Benny Hill
    Harry Redknapp 
    Mrs Doubtfire
    Keith Lemon
    Robin Askwith
    Andrew Lloyd Webber
    Audrey from Corrie
    To be honest, 61 year old looks like a 61 year old really doesn't bother me.

Booking them as a headliner when his voice has gone is the issue.
    Spot on. All these people saying "well the rest of them were good" doesn't really cut it. He's the front man and probably the most important part of that band, his voice was what made them stand out from just another rock band. Slash and Duff are clearly masters of what they do but them playing by themselves does not make a great show.
    I reckon Slash on his own would be an amazing show!
    He’s got  his own band. Saw him in Prague some 5-6 years ago. Vocalist called Myles Kennedy who has to cover G&R hits. They have a few decent original songs but only a few IMO. 

And of course there was Velvet Revolver…
  • Options
    Seconded. Launching into crowd pleasers, no messing about, great riffs. Cracking set so far (and presumably there's a fair chance Dave Grohl turns up at some point too...)
    Go with the Flow was a great opener. Bring on Grohl and have half the classic Songs for the Deaf lineup!
  • Options
    I really hope he does Tiny Dancer....love that song
    Enjoy 
  • Options
    Apparently class at Dreamland the other night.