Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Really looking forward to Cat Stevens and Elton John today.
  • Options
    As long as it isn't the Elton John that performed "I'm still standing", for the lockdown concert. 
  • Options
    Well, I’m looking forward to Blondie this evening. I doubt Debbie Harry will be anything like I remember back in my youth but nevertheless the band will sound good, Debbie Harry will look gorgeous and me and the wife will enjoy the show with a pint of gin & tonic each. 
    Also Elton is a must see for any music lover, this will be the last time we are, realistically, going to see him at a large venue. He’s been around a long time so he must have talent. I’ve never been a massive fan of his but when I saw him back in the early 90’s he put on a fantastic show. His voice isn’t good nowadays but he’s still worth seeing. 
    I thought Guns & Roses a bit hard work last night, Axles performance was painful to watch, when you consider what he used to be maybe he should of either looked after himself better if wanted a long career or just jacked it in and left us with the memories. 
    I’d have liked to seen more of Sparks, probably me but all I get on iPlayer is the Foo Fighters, (reasonable but not stand out), a few other bands but only 2 songs from Sparks. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Bilko said:
    It’s got to be said, Slash can certainly play the axe.
     Don't think there's one better in today's market.
    The Guvnor!
    Slash is still outstanding. He and James Hetfield are in a league of their own in this day and age when it comes to timing and precision - everyone else is a long way behind. 
    Do you mean Kirk Hammett?
  • Options
    Next year is Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa and one other isn’t it ? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Saw Elton John at the O2 recently and was surprised how good his voice still is.

Physically he struggles a bit, after the recent accident he had - but no complaints on his sound at all. 
    There will be several guests to help Elton out on some of the playlist, allegedly. 
    Huge sadness, to me at least, that George Michael won't be there for a final rendition of 'I won't let the sun go down on me'.
    George absolutely made that song his own. 
    Rest in Peace, George.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to Cat Stevens and Elton John today.
    Me to, with a bit of Blondie in between! Ooooh Matron!

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Rumours around Eltons special guests are gathering pace, however I'm going for McCartney, Kiki Dee and Rod Stewart.
    Others are saying Britany Spears, and Dua Lipa (sp)
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Saw Elton John at the O2 recently and was surprised how good his voice still is.

Physically he struggles a bit, after the recent accident he had - but no complaints on his sound at all. 
    There will be several guests to help Elton out on some of the playlist, allegedly. 
    Huge sadness, to me at least, that George Michael won't be there for a final rendition of 'I won't let the sun go down on me'.
    Rest in Peace, George.
    apparently 4 special guests

I'm going for Macca, Grohl and Sawayama for 3 of the 4 as they're all at Glasters
  • Options
    A Belgian and a Moroccan along with Mullins and Purse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elton’s voice is in good shape. May drop an octave for a song or two, but will be impeccably delivered and the crowd will do the rest. I am with a group of 20 down here and all bar none are really excited about this gig and who collaborates at it. Personally, hoping Britney performs on one, as she is the only artist of all those mentioned that I have not seen live before. Can’t wait..! 
  • Options
    rina said:
    cafctom said:

Rest in Peace, George.

I'm going for Macca, Grohl and Sawayama for 3 of the 4 as they're all at Glasters
    Axl Rose for the 4th!
  • Options
    Of no great consequence, but a fair few celebs down here. My son got a snap with Sean Dyche yesterday, but also met Taron Egerton, Dynamo, Louis Theroux and a whole bunch of artists are milling around the site as ‘punters’ which is great to see. Chris Martin volunteered for Oxfam and has been a steward at one of the hospitality gates. A really nice touch. 
  • Options
    rina said:
    cafctom said:

Rest in Peace, George.

Axl Rose for the 4th!
    I’m going with Harry Styles, Dua Lipa, Britney Spears and Kiki Dee. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    I remember a few years ago Emily Eavis being asked why the Red Hot Chilli Peppers had not played Glastonbury and she said something along the lines of them not being the sort of band they have playing there. Since then we've had GnR, the Foos and countless other heavy rock acts, for christ sake they even had Lost Prophets.

Most likely the real reason was they asked and the Chilli Peppers refused to play for the notoriously shit money they offered at the time.
    It is a charity gig. The vast majority of money raised goes to Glastonbury’s preferred charities each year. There is a cap fee in each tier of act and if you are a money grabbing artist with an uncharitable nature, you are unlikely to ever play there… Next year will be great, some mahoosive   names (you can start a rumours thread but can’t share what I have already been told) and all those could live with the highest tier but low compared to usual fees. 
    Course it is, old Saint Michael barely make a bean himself. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Cat Stevens on the Pyramid Stage now - wonderful.
    Some great old songs already! Takes me back to Carnaby St. and all that entailed!
    A lovely stroll down memory lane!

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Superb 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Superb 
    His voice is still amazing! Doesn't sound any different to 50 yrs ago!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    cafctom said:
    Bilko said:
    It’s got to be said, Slash can certainly play the axe.
     Don't think there's one better in today's market.
    The Guvnor!
    Slash is still outstanding. He and James Hetfield are in a league of their own in this day and age when it comes to timing and precision - everyone else is a long way behind. 
    Do you mean Kirk Hammett?
    No. Hetfield has always been the main guitar force behind Metallica, on stage and in the studio. I’d actually have him down as the best rhythm player out of any of the big hitters, even today. Kirk is great, but Hetfield is a force of nature. 

Their headline set at Glastonbury 2014 was outstanding. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom Morello is my personal favourite but all fantastic performers. 
  • Options

• Options
    As someone who’s never been, I’m just trying to get an idea of the ginormousness of the whole thing. Silly question, with all the stages operating at the same time, does the sound of one ever interrupt another?   Is it as loud as an indoor or major stadium gig where there are no other stages to worry about. Or are the distances just so vast that the sound doesn’t carry. Or is everyone so far out of it that they don’t give a hoot?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Superb 
    Morning Has Broken - we chose to sing at our wedding.

Something in my eye.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Superb 

Something in my eye.
    I really hope he finishes with Father and Son!
  • Options
    Britney highly likely and Macca may be back to duet - his manager has just been chatting to my bestie who also has a senior industry role. That would be something!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Superb 

Something in my eye.

• Options
    wife watching Cat Burns at the moment, she sounds really good.
  • Options
    Would think a cat burning would make a horrible sound.
  • Options
    Father and Son...always makes me cry and yes I am....breaks me evertime!