Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Father and Son...always makes me cry and yes I am....breaks me evertime!
    You’re not alone, Malc - you’re as soppy as I am!
  • Options
    You’re not alone Red. Such a beautiful song it makes me well up every time. 

That was wonderful! 
  • Options
    Um...just caught up with Christine & The Queens set. I've followed her career right from the start but she's lost me with that nonsense. All a bit too 'avant garde' for me that set and as for the two band aids...wtf?
  • Options
    Out at the moment but really looking forward to catching up on Cat Stevens, one I've wanted to see the most over the whole weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cat Stevens was superb. Age 74, looked in great shape & his voice was still wonderful. 
  • Options
    Out at the moment but really looking forward to catching up on Cat Stevens, one I've wanted to see the most over the whole weekend.
    You won't be disappointed, I promise!
  • Options
    Did he do Wild World/or If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out?

Favourite two I think!!
  • Options

Favourite two I think!!
    Yes he did Wild World and loads of others including some new stuff a George Harrison song, Rod Stewarts First Cut is the deepest and many more.
  • Options

Favourite two I think!!

Both - and so many more.
  • Options

Favourite two I think!!
    Yes he did Wild World and loads of others including some new stuff a George Harrison song, Rod Stewarts First Cut is the deepest and many more.
    His last few albums are all excellent… under his name Yusuf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Favourite two I think!!
    His last few albums are all excellent… under his name Yusuf

I've just ordered his new album - on white vinyl. Got to go the whole nostalgia hog!
  • Options
    He sung Wild World about 16.23 if you're scrolling through. 
  • Options

Favourite two I think!!
    Excellent, cheers.
  • Options
    Just caught up with bits of G&R. Whole band in excellent form except of course for Axl who is truly shot. To the point where Mrs SB walked in and asked who was doing the shit cover version of Sweet Child O Mine.  She watched the following song that Axl “sang” at the piano and flatly refused to believe it was him. I still quite enjoyed it though. It would have been better in the flesh I suspect. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Cat Stevens on the Pyramid Stage now - wonderful.
    I wonder if the people that think cat stevens is wonderful, know that he supported a fatwa against salmon Rushdie. Not many I’m guessing.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I wonder if the people that think cat stevens is wonderful, know that he supported a fatwa against salmon Rushdie. Not many I’m guessing.

• Options

Favourite two I think!!
    Didn’t Cat write first cut is the deepest, remember him singing it years ago.
  • Options
    While waiting for Cat Stevens to go on iplayer, watched Christine and the Queens.

She's got a hell of a stage presence.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    bobmunro said:
    "I never called for the death of Salman Rushdie; nor backed the Fatwa issued by the Ayatollah Khomeini—and still don’t. The book itself destroyed the harmony between peoples and created an unnecessary international crisis. When asked about my opinion regarding blasphemy, I could not tell a lie and confirmed that – like both the Torah and the Gospel – the Qur'an considers it, without repentance, as a capital offense. The Bible is full of similar harsh laws if you're looking for them. However, the application of such Biblical and Qur'anic injunctions is not to be outside of due process of law, in a place or land where such law is accepted and applied by the society as a whole."

Supports that it was taken out of context a fair bit, although I'll confess to not seeing at the time etc so can't be sure.
  • Options

Favourite two I think!!
    Didn’t Cat write first cut is the deepest, remember him singing it years ago.
    Google says yes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As someone who’s never been, I’m just trying to get an idea of the ginormousness of the whole thing. Silly question, with all the stages operating at the same time, does the sound of one ever interrupt another?   Is it as loud as an indoor or major stadium gig where there are no other stages to worry about. Or are the distances just so vast that the sound doesn’t carry. Or is everyone so far out of it that they don’t give a hoot?
    to give you an idea of the size here is the site laid over Charlton https://gsp8181.co.uk/glasto/index.php?location=charlton

it is just vast
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    "I never called for the death of Salman Rushdie; nor backed the Fatwa issued by the Ayatollah Khomeini—and still don’t. The book itself destroyed the harmony between peoples and created an unnecessary international crisis. When asked about my opinion regarding blasphemy, I could not tell a lie and confirmed that – like both the Torah and the Gospel – the Qur'an considers it, without repentance, as a capital offense. The Bible is full of similar harsh laws if you're looking for them. However, the application of such Biblical and Qur'anic injunctions is not to be outside of due process of law, in a place or land where such law is accepted and applied by the society as a whole."

Supports that it was taken out of context a fair bit, although I'll confess to not seeing at the time etc so can't be sure.
    He should have become a politician.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

and maybe you should become someone who checks facts.
    Pretty sure Rushdie asked him for an apology for the comments he’s made Sheriff. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Yes he did write First cut...I was referring to who sang it.
    As for him supporting the Fatwa...he didnt!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Pretty sure Rushdie asked him for an apology for the comments he’s made Sheriff. 
    How about you walk over to the politics section and let the rest of us enjoy the music. 

You can start a nostalgia thread for things you don't like from the year 1990. Throw in the Guns n Roses song One in a Million if you want, you'll notice no one mentioned it yesterday. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

How about you walk over to the politics section and let the rest of us enjoy the music. 

You can start a nostalgia thread for things you don't like from the year 1990. Throw in the Guns n Roses song One in a Million if you want, you'll notice no one mentioned it yesterday. 
    Err, because they didn't play it yesterday?

Quite what that's got to do with anything ot why you're bringing that up is quite bizarre, to say the least.

Last time I looked @stop_shouting wasn't Axl Rose
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Quite what that's got to do with anything ot why you're bringing that up is quite bizarre, to say the least.

And did Cat Stevens mention Salmon Rushdie today? 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    There are currently 29 pages of Glastonbury 2023 available on i player, although as I scroll through it's not all 2023.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

loved Axl last nite D despite the haters. checked out his wiki page. Had a bloody tough start in life.