Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    bobmunro said:
    Elton's back catalogue is full of some of the greatest popular music anthems of the last 60 years, and he left out as many as he included. A truly superb performance from a musical icon.

That would have taken a lot out of him and at times it showed - take it easy in your retirement, Elton, and thank you for the joy you have given us all.
    He looked knackered walking onstage !!
    He fell last summer damaging his hip and is still in a lot of pain.
    At his age, he had a fall.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    bobmunro said:
    Elton's back catalogue is full of some of the greatest popular music anthems of the last 60 years, and he left out as many as he included. A truly superb performance from a musical icon.

That would have taken a lot out of him and at times it showed - take it easy in your retirement, Elton, and thank you for the joy you have given us all.
    He looked knackered walking onstage !!
    He fell last summer damaging his hip and is still in a lot of pain.
    At his age, he had a fall.
    Did he fall or have a fall?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Wilma said:

Really hot and dusty. Thought I'd got a tan but it was just dirt! 
    Glad you enjoyed your dirty weekend away  @Wilma

:-) 
  • Options
    Just caught up with Pale Waves and Lightning Seeds … both excellent 
  • Options
    Yeah really enjoyed Lightening Seeds. Can’t get my head around Riley is now in the band!
  • Options
    Yeah really enjoyed Lightening Seeds. Can’t get my head around Riley is now in the band!
    Amazing 
  • Options
    Also great set by Dermot Kennedy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched Pale Waves and Texas on iplayer, both really good. I forgot how many hits Texas have.

As for the headliners i enjoyed GnR and EJ despite the formers vocal problems they both know how to put on a show. Something which the Arctic Monkeys should take note of, play your arty farty stuff at your own gigs not at a festival show with a more casual audience.
  • Options

• Options
    Been in France so missed everything.
    Himself recorded the highlights.
    Watched Rick Astley last night. Drumming to Highway to Hell! That’s the content I never thought I needed in my life. Fantastic!

Debbie Harry, I salute you as an older woman still rocking it but dear god no. Didn’t think she could be any worse than when I saw her at Summer XS but yep, she was!

And finished the night off with Artic Monkeys. 
    What in the name of god has happened to them? I remember them rocking it last time but on this occasion it just sounded like they played the same song for two hours? Grim.

I shall catch up with the rest over the next few days.
     I may even dip my toe into EJ, I can’t stand him but, you can’t all be wrong 🤷‍♀️😂
  • Options
    Yusuf/Cat Stevens for me and hearing him sing so many of the hits he penned made it for me including "Here Comes My Baby" off Matthew and Son and made famous by the Tremeloes. But yes, as mentioned by others, "Father And Son" does resonate the most along, for different reasons, "The First Cut Is The Deepest".

I have just received "King Of A Land" and downloaded it onto my Itunes - just waiting for the right moment to play it.  

I've downloaded it from Apple Music but haven't played it yet - waiting for the white vinyl version to arrive (hopefully today) and will then pick my moment. The missus is staying with a friend in Kent this week so I will open a good bottle of red and stick it on the turntable.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Watched Rick Astley last night. Drumming to Highway to Hell! That’s the content I never thought I needed in my life. Fantastic!

Debbie Harry, I salute you as an older woman still rocking it but dear god no. Didn’t think she could be any worse than when I saw her at Summer XS but yep, she was!

What in the name of god has happened to them? I remember them rocking it last time but on this occasion it just sounded like they played the same song for two hours? Grim.

I may even dip my toe into EJ, I can’t stand him but, you can’t all be wrong 🤷‍♀️😂

Watch Elton - you will not be sorry. Cat Stevens also which was, for me, the highlight of this year's festival.
    Fully agree 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Yusuf/Cat Stevens for me and hearing him sing so many of the hits he penned made it for me including "Here Comes My Baby" off Matthew and Son and made famous by the Tremeloes. But yes, as mentioned by others, "Father And Son" does resonate the most along, for different reasons, "The First Cut Is The Deepest".

I have just received "King Of A Land" and downloaded it onto my Itunes - just waiting for the right moment to play it.  

I've downloaded it from Apple Music but haven't played it yet - waiting for the white vinyl version to arrive (hopefully today) and will then pick my moment. The missus is staying with a friend in Kent this week so I will open a good bottle of red and stick it on the turntable.
    Recommend you also get Roadsinger, and An Other Cup
  • Options
    Watched Pale Waves and Texas on iplayer, both really good. I forgot how many hits Texas have.

As for the headliners i enjoyed GnR and EJ despite the formers vocal problems they both know how to put on a show. Something which the Arctic Monkeys should take note of, play your arty farty stuff at your own gigs not at a festival show with a more casual audience.
    Ironically they do the opposite and play less of the new stuff at their own gigs. Still can’t believe they started with one of the new songs instead of Brianstorm.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Watch Elton - you will not be sorry. Cat Stevens also which was, for me, the highlight of this year's festival.
    Yep - Cat Stevens was totally ace - love Cat Stevens
  • Options
    Lewis Capaldi is taking a break from touring to try and adjust to his Tourette's.
    Correct decision and I wish him well.
  • Options

• Options
    Just watched Chvrches and Editors … both good 
  • Options
    Enjoyed the Lathums too
  • Options
    You've just mentioned 3 of my favourites.
  • Options
    Was never going to bother watching Elton John since he’s never been the type of music entertainer I’d spend a lot of time with. 

Until I opened this thread yesterday evening, anyway. We’re on holiday so we managed to break in to IPlayer, and connected it to the mini soundbox, and watched the whole thing on playback. So glad we did. What a towering performance. 

Would never have bothered if it wasn’t for CL. Media reviews alone  would not have persuaded me. It was the way the thread stopped sniping about flags and girls on shoulders and united in acclaiming his performance, that did it. So thanks again to CL, the best free focus group in the UK😉
    Invoice for consultancy fees in the post...
  • Options
    Just watched Editors, Lathums (again) and Chvrches.

NB Elton John at Wembley Empire 1977 is on BBC4 9pm Friday. ELTON ANNOUNCES IT'S HIS LAST TOUR.