Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic 'One Off' Charlton Songs From The Past

Comments

• Options
    "Get your handbag off the line!"
  • Options

Wolves away around 2004 - their first home game back in the top flight for 19 years I think....

As we go 4-0 up a loud and impromptu "was it really worth the wait?" rings out from the away end.

Even some of theirs clapped :)

Wasn't loud at first as no one joined inwith me at 0 3 :-)
  • Options
    What about "10 quid, we only paid 10 quid" against Forrest after the price fiasco about 10 years ago.
  • Options
    I'll always remember "You're from the north, we're not" at Scunthorpe with a smile. There were quite a few funny ones that day, def some characters around the back right where the protest took place.
  • Options
    "You're getting wet, you're getting wet - we're not we're not"

Back when part of our ground had no roof
  • Options
    Not quite a one off but i never got the `Hit him on the head with a baseball bat' song.
  • Options
    Vaguely remember away to qpr in late 80s or early 90s digging out one of their fans to the left of us with a song about him wearing glasses.
    Can't think of the song, which is gonna bug me now.
  • Options
    One bus. We've only got one bus

At Anfield
  • Options
    leave it paulbaconsarnie there were other words that can't be mentioned and it was about their firm
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Bloodyhell - 'Fatty's Got A Burger'!!!

Defo v Coventry City at Selhurst, could have SWORN it was 0-0. God knows how I remembered who we were even playing! Remember 'Bye bye fatty' at the end, too, think he did wave in the end. God the things that remain in our brains...!!

Scary innit. Didn't look at all funny written down like that but I'm still chuckling now remembering him waddling back to his place and it starting up and the Coventry fans (well done SE10 btw) all turning around and peeing themselves at the poor bloke.

I wonder if he went on a diet after...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember agaisnt Southend a woman had her shoe thrown over the barrier onto the pitch followed by "you've only got one shoe" followed by "statto!" when the bespectacled photographer looked round to laugh.

also, agaisnt Newcastle "graeme souness is getting the sack" went on long and loud. Probably becuase quite a few Geordies joined in ;)
  • Options
    Paulbaconsarnie - People would be banned for that song now.
  • Options
    Sung at Man Utd during a night game, " singing aye, aye, aye, aye, Eastenders is better than Corrie! "

Blast from the past, late 60's " singing aye, aye, aye, aye, Charlie is better than Yashin, Tees is better than Eusebio and we're gonna give you a thrashin'"
  • Options

Can't remember where or when (Selhurst days I think) but one rather tubby, northern, oppo fan was spotted coming back from the burger van and greeted with 100's singing 'Fatty's got a burger tra, la, la, lay' (and repeat).

Bloke went spare much to both sets of fans amusement.

Blimey I haven't thought about that for years! Yes it was definately coventry at Selhurst. Think it was 1-1, crap game but all the p***taking made up for the lack of entertainment. His Coventry mates thought it was a big joke as well.
    I remember walking out of the Ground up to Holmsdale Road & us passing him & his mates by his car which had now had a parking ticket slapped on the windscreen. Not really his day was it! - Fatty's got a Ticket, La-La La-La!!!

• Options
    Saunders is the king,
    Saunders is the king,
    ee ai adio,
    Saunders is the king.

• Options
    Kenny Achampong kumbaya....
  • Options
    'Things can only get better' at OT of course. They didn't.
  • Options
    La, la la, Barry Endean
  • Options
    Dennis is our leader

... one for the older covered enders :-)
  • Options

"Get your handbag off the line!"

That was Swindon at home I think. Was that the game Deano gave them the goal and they won 1-0 ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey Mark Kinsella, Mark Kinsella,Mark Kinsella Hey Mark Kinsella, Mark Kinsella, Mark Kinsella, Hey Mark Kinsella, Mark Kinsella, Mark Kinsella, heyyyyy Mark Kinsella.
  • Options
    Englands number 2 through to about 14 when David James was in front of the covered end and had just been dropped by Sven!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    "You've signed the wrong Ronaldo" v Utd ....

"You've got no prostitutes" v Ipswich a few years ago.....or maybe not that one!
  • Options
    Norwich at home when we were relegated to lg1

We're shit and your worse than us

Deon burton got a hat trick I think
  • Options
    "Cyril, Cyril Davies on the wing, on the wing....
    Cy-ril, Cy-ril Davies, Cyril Davies on the wi-ing......"
  • Options
    Reading away (Elm Park?) In response to their 'Rufus is a dogs name sha laa la la'...

Hammond is an Organs name, followed by

Parkinsons a disease name, follwed by

Wdowczyk is a town in africas name, follwed by

Reading is for libraries
  • Options
    Childish I know, but I also enjoyed the game where Weaver was totally abused non-stop for 45 mins. Not one other song that half I don't think.
  • Options
    Boro away, operation riverside. Coming back at the train station when their weird half train/half tram thing pulls in 'what the fucking hell is that'

must have only been eight or nine for the pinenapple on his head song but remember it - what was that players name again?
  • Options
    Jason lee
  • Options
    "Theres only one Pawel Abbott" when he came on as a sub in a win against Peterborough I think, and he had this one off incredible cameo appearance which took everyone by surprise. Managed a deflected goal as well!