Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic 'One Off' Charlton Songs From The Past

Comments

• Options
    I've heard about it but wasn't there.

Reading away

"What's it like to live in Wales?"

Did it happen?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Reading away last season (November) 1-0 win. He's got no hair but we don care it's Bob Peters, Oh Bob Peters, Oh a Bob Peters, He's got no hair but we don't care oh Bob Peters'.

The guy apparently lost the plot after that, but I can tell you this, he was the last manager who's name I have sung and that is a sad indictment after 55 years of supporting this club and that sums everything up of late!

By the way Roland who's the manager this week? Please get a grip ffs.
  • Options
    Plymouth fans chanting to Exeter fans "you dirty northern b******s"
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

AlF said:

Hereford United (almost in Wales) away. We had Keith in the middle and Andy upfront...
    "We've got more Jones than you, Hereford, Hereford"

Surley Keith and Andy Jones never played in the same team?
    You are right! I checked the stats and Hereford had two Jones in their side, whereas we only had proper Welshman, Andy. So I think the chant must have been:
    "You've got more Jones than us, Hereford, Hereford."

I actually think that's a tad more humorous. Hereford had been denying they were Welsh in earlier banter - outrageous ignorance.....
  • Options

As a one off, "things can only get better" at OT '94 with 10,000 singing at half time. It didn't last long in to the second half, but it will be something I'll never forget.

Was at that game. Great day out (apart from the result).
    Man U went into a 3-0 lead and their fans were singing "ten men, we've only got ten men" (Schmeichel had been sent off) which was met by us with "ten pence, we only cost ten pence"
  • Options
    Remember an afternoon game in the 80's at Forest when the corner we were in had no roof. It pissed it down and we sang
    "We're all wet, we're all wet, you're not, you're not!" some even did the cancan after 3-0. Eventually went on to lose 4-0 i think.
  • Options
    To the tune of Suzanne Vega and Toms Diner "We are Charlton from the Valley, We are Charlton from the Valley......". Classic chant boiiii!
  • Options
    Kumbar Are My Lord to Kenny Achampong
    I know spelling is wrong!
  • Options
    "attack, attack, attack attack attack!!!" Shout that out nowadays and the St Johns Ambulance will turn up.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I liked the 'You can stick your scabby Russians up your bum' chant aimed at Millwall when they signed a couple of Russian players in the mid 90s.
  • Options
    In the Lennie era, we had just secured our safety by beating Derby in midweek.

Last game of the season at Forest, 4-0 down and they were chanting 4-0, 4-0.

Our response was 'we don't care, we don't care'.

• Options
    Has anyone mentioned "Shaddup Ya Face" which was sung at Ipswich in the FA Cup 1980-81?
  • Options
    Sung against Ipswich "we all agree milk turns faster than Mariner....."
  • Options

Kumbar Are My Lord to Kenny Achampong
    I know spelling is wrong!

Blimey :O
  • Options
    Not seen "Dennis is our leader" chant mentioned which was a regular at away games. For those, who don,t know and with no disrespect to Dennis, he was a bit of. Wealdstone Raider character.
  • Options
    Stevie Gritt stevie gritt stevie stevie gritt, he's got no hair we don't care, stevie stevie gritt!!
  • Options
    Big fat, big fat Pete. Big Fat, big fat Pete. Big fat, big fat Pete, Big fat Peter Garland. . . . . . . . . . Closely followed by that smiling chap lifting his shirt and rubbing his belly. Absolute classic.
  • Options
    Shouting "gippo gippo gippo" at Lampard when he was still at West Ham. He looked at the Covered end with a confused look on his face and mouthed "you what?"
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

To the tune of Suzanne Vega and Toms Diner "We are Charlton from the Valley, We are Charlton from the Valley......". Classic chant boiiii!

Ha. East Terrace "penned" that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "You're not fit to lock that gate"

and

"It's getting locked in the morning, locked in the morning"

to the poor young steward struggling to lock the pitch side gate just before full time.
  • Options
    A progression of chants that made me giggle from Saturday.

Clarke-Harris blazes of the bar into the delirious Charlton fans behind the goal.

After a (long) moments celebration the chant of "We Are Staying Up" is produced.

Well, that belief didn't last long because it was swiftly followed with "You're coming down with the Charlton"......
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    One really sideswiped me on Saturday, left me crying with laughter...but I don't think its wise for me to repeat all of it!

"With a packet of sweets, and a Belgian beer, Roland............."

Same guy came out with more corkers, which I sadly can't recall.
  • Options
    Remember playing Fulham once in the Prem at The Valley and the song went:
    "We all agreee, Asdas is better than Harrods"
  • Options
    Also and this is no way meant to be racist.
    Playing at the Dell in late 80's we won 1-0 with Garth Crooks scoring the winner. The song went:

He's old..He's black.. He's shit hot in attack.. Garthy Crooks...Garthy Crooks.

• Options
    I remember at Swindon one year around Christmas time us all singing "Charlton, Charlton" to the tune of Silent Night.
  • Options
    I recall one game where it was pudding down on the away fans. I'm sure we were singing

" you're getting wet, you're getting wet - we're not, we're not"

I was younger and it made me chuckle
  • Options
    Definitely only sung a couple of times:

Who needs Wayne Rooney, we've got Dave Mooney!

Also to the tune of Paparazzi:

You're our favourite player, we'll follow you around the country,
    Akpo, Akpo Sodje!

• Options
    When we were 6-0 down at Hull some Fool,
    shouted out 7-6, we're going to win 7-6,
    not surprising, no one join in with Me him,
    Yet up to 5 nil, the crowd still had faith !
  • Options
    We've got two Sodjes, they're fucking quality.