Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic 'One Off' Charlton Songs From The Past

Comments

• Options
    "Were not going to Palarse"
    the day we got that shit peice of paper at the turn styles
  • Options

Can't remember where or when (Selhurst days I think) but one rather tubby, northern, oppo fan was spotted coming back from the burger van and greeted with 100's singing 'Fatty's got a burger tra, la, la, lay' (and repeat).

Bloke went spare much to both sets of fans amusement.

I remember it well.

It was when away fans were on the holmesdale terrace.

It was followed by "Fatty's getting fatter"

• Options

'Things can only get better' at OT of course. They didn't.

This is 1 of my best memories from back in those days :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Derby away possibly our first game at the new stadium. Songs about their flag poles and one man singing that as he had come this this game just before Christmas his son would not get an Action Man.

Boring game that we lost....
  • Options
    Firstly I'll apologise if he's on here but the one that sticks in my mind was from the old covered end.

One of our lot was rather portly and a spitting image of Robbie Fowler leading to most of the Covered End singing:

"Fat Robbie Fowler, you're just a fat Robbie Fowler, fat Robbie Foooooowwwwwler"
  • Options
    "Who made Keegan quit, Who made Keegan quit.
    Mark Kinsella, Mark Kinsella, He made Keegan quit"
  • Options

Remember QPR away during our first season back down in the second tier (07/08) and an old man, in a sombrero and surrounded by kids, was getting pelters for the full 90 minutes.

I remember this, the chants were;

"You're not fit to be a Dad" and

"They're ashamed to be your kids"
  • Options
    The memories this has brought back. The QPR one about their fan with the glasses I remember but was slightly racist so I won't repeat that and the fat kid v Coventry how the hell do I still remember that. Ipswich always brought out a few good ones singing along to Shut Up A Your Face before the 81 Cup tie and Combine Harvester (as well as Kenny Achamong) to the tune of Kumbaya a few years later.
    Classic one a few years ago when the poor kid with the wired drink contraption walking round pitchside selling hot chocolate at Exeter was met with the chorus of 'Ghostbusters'. Someone was brave enough to order the drink but the kid couldn't work the strange funnel thing and the bloomin stuff went everywhere.
    Also the only time we sang 'theirs only one Raplh Milne' after he'd scored a hat trick against Palace playing for Man U I think
  • Options
    Oh Peter Reidssss got a monkey's head,
    Peter Reid's got a monkey's head....
    Peter Reid has got a f***ing monkeys head
    a what,
    a f***ing monkey's head,
    a what,
    a f***ing monkey's head!
  • Options
    Oh I forgot me favourite song ever a couple of blokes singing at Colchester
    'We've got Luke Varney now,
    Oh oh oh we've got Luke Varney ...................................................................now'
    To the tune of Quo's In The Army.
    Never caught on for some reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Something about a pigeon when one was sitting on Valley pitch during a match?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Dennis is our leader

... one for the older covered enders :-)

Does he still go, along with his mates, remember seeing him get nicked up at Burnley when he told a copper that his dog 'stinked, just like the ref'.....we had just been beaten 7-1.
  • Options
    Weegie Addick Member
    4:11PM
    Something about a pigeon when one was sitting on Valley pitch during a match?

Pigeon is back, pigeon is back, whooaaa, whoooaahhh, pigeon is back , pigeon is back.....

• Options

We don't need no lennie Lawrence cos weve got our Steve and Alan

Hey Lawrence f**k off up to boro

All in all in now your just another c**t from up north

To another brick in the wall can't remember the game but it was away

Remember that on the coach im sure it was Barnsley away.
  • Options
    La la la Barry Endean - to the tune of Hot Love by T.Rex.

The football song equivalent of Andrew Ridgeleys solo career
  • Options
    Think it was Brentford away 4/5 years ago.

Brentford fan sitting with his kids was getting abuse from us all game

He finally reacts and gets chucked out by the stewards.

Chant:
    "Goodbye KIDS, Goodbye KIDS, saying goodbye to his KIDS
    and as he was saying..........
  • Options
    Always remember coming back from a away game and a certain person dw singing his name is super jj he is the flying finn something along them lines i was in tears brilliant , also the simon webster song.
  • Options
    2 off the top of my head that made me laugh -

"you can stick your f*ing record up your arse"

and then at Bristol this season when there was a rather overweight man with round glasses in the home end = "you're just a fat Harry Potter" from RD
  • Options
    '5-3... but you're still northern!...' Blackpool away a few years back... those that hadn't left by that point
  • Options
    Liverpool at home when te roof was off the covered end. we was in the south stand " was it you that nicked our roof was it you that nicked our roof". And at the same game " he's french he's fat he had a heartattack Houllier Houllier."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The "You can stick your f****** record up your arse" last year against Huddersfield made me laugh.
  • Options
    Swindon away, circa 92, to Sweet Low

Swindle, the taxman
    Coming forth to swindle your tax

Also 'what the f**k's a wubble u'
  • Options
    'Stand up if you're going down'

Sung by the entire (inc. away fans) Valley vs Norwich when relegated to Lg1 that season. Was brilliant as we sung it earlier in the game and they didn't join in
  • Options
    Directed at Phil Thompson standing in the away dugout at the valley:

"Get your nose off of our pitch, get your nose off of our pitch"
  • Options
    Away at Grimsby when Rufus and Kinsella got sent off. Two blokes absolutely hammered singing "you Kevin Lisbie, you Kevin Lisbie, you kevin lisbie kevin lisbie you" To the tune of Bowies' Little Wonder.

By the end the lyrics had been changed to "You're f**cking useless you"
  • Options
    Back to fatty we definitely sung "Fatty's getting angry......Fatty's getting angry....." too....
  • Options
    Dunno why but I knew it was cov.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's already been said but last year at Fulham,

"The FA Cup, Who gives a ****, we're Charlton Athletic and we're going up."
  • Options
    BensonFC said:

Not sure if it's already been said but last year at Fulham,

"The FA Cup, Who gives a ****, we're Charlton Athletic and we're going up."

Loved that one
  • Options
    I used to enjoy "We've got two Sodjes", I bet no-one else has had that. The Chim Chimmeny song always makes me smile when we play West Ham, but I don't suppose it's original. My favourite one that I came up with was, "Back to the valleys, you're going back to the valleys" when we scored our fifth against Cardiff the other week. Sadly, no-one joined in.