Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic 'One Off' Charlton Songs From The Past

Comments

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

"We've got two sodje's, you've got two yellow cards"

"you can stick your f*ing record up your arse" [against Hudderfield]

The Fa Cup who gives a F*ck we're Charlton Athletic and we're going UP

Three recent ones that always draw a smile!
  • Options
    At Southampton away at The Dell (around 1990) when they had Danny, Raymond and Rodney Wallace all playing for them at the same time (to the tune of Day-O)

Wallace, Wallace.....my names Danny and I've got 2 brothers.

Short lived.
  • Options
    Delia give us a wave when we sent Norwich down.
  • Options
    Coventry cup game, basically singing all the same songs at 3-2 that they had at 2-0 down - are you Villa in disguise, can we play you every week etc.
  • Options
    He's coming for you, he's coming for you, Jeremy Kyle, he's coming for you.

"we'll never play you again" at Selhurst

"He's got more cash you than you" when the Charlton fan who won £1m in the sun bingo (or something) was presented on the pitch before a Valley game v Palace who were in Administration.

Some unrepeatable songs about missing children sung at Huddersfield in 1980. Some local kids had gone missing and the police were searching for their bodies. Did not go down well with Hudds fan.
  • Options
    You'll never get a passport - directed at a certain Egyptian shopkeeper away at Fulham.
  • Options
    against Sheffield Wednesday when we turned the we're f**** shit sung at the preston game to "you're f******* shit"

• Options

against Sheffield Wednesday when we turned the we're f**** shit sung at the preston game to "you're f******* shit"

That was fantastic, went well with the "he aint got a clue, he aint got a clue Miguel Llera he aint got a clue"
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Does anyone remember the chant from the Covered End of "Who's undefeated" when we beat Portsmouth in driving rain on a Tuesday night. Portsmouth were the last club to be beaten that year. I seem to remember Gordon Riddick scoring for us. Same at Brighton tomorrow, perhaps?
  • Options

Does anyone remember the chant from the Covered End of "Who's undefeated" when we beat Portsmouth in driving rain on a Tuesday night. Portsmouth were the last club to be beaten that year. I seem to remember Gordon Riddick scoring for us. Same at Brighton tomorrow, perhaps?

Is he playing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes they had walloped us 4 - 0 at Fratton Park just a couple of weeks previous & we (almost) returned the compliment 4-1
  • Options

Circa 1968 To the tune of "Bonnie and Clyde"

Charlton FC
    They had a reputation
    For smashing up the stations
    On the Southern Region

And one brave fan
    He tried to take them alive
    They left him lying in a pool of blood
    And laughed about it all the way home

I'm very ashamed to say I invented this one...hope I am now forgiven.

Really I thought it was sung by a lot of teams around the country obviously with Southern Region changed to whatever region .....& it was "have got a reputation" etc & "one brave porter, tried to take them alone"

Or are you saying you changed a couple of words & claimed it as your own ? That's Plagiarism Sir :-)
  • Options
    The one at Fulham just after Al Fayed had bought them and a genuine Charlton original-

We all agree Asda is better than Harrods
  • Options
    I remember back in the day when I was a kid we played barnsley and we all started singing is your whippet parked outside.simple but funny
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Huddersfield at home 2011 "you can stick you're f*ckin record up your arse" after we ended their 44 game unbeaten run.

Edit: Just seen that has already been mentioned but was so good at the time so I'm not removing it.
  • Options

When we played Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road in 2010, Big lad in the home end wearing a Man Utd shirt was getting torn into the whole game, took it off to reveal a Celtic shirt underneath. Absolute scenes

I remember this, there was a fan with a Tottenham shirt as well who got "who the fuck, who the fuck, who the fuck do you support!?"
  • Options
    Hereford United (almost in Wales) away. We had Keith in the middle and Andy upfront...
    "We've got more Jones than you, Hereford, Hereford"
  • Options

Gordon Riddick must be over 70!

Still quicker than Makienok though probably.
  • Options
    I remember a chant at a Norwich away game. something along the lines of "we can see your, we can see your, we can see your webbed hands"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another one which wasn't exactly a chant as I don't think many joined in but It was at Brentford away a few seasons back. this one pissed bloke swaying in the wind was pointing out various Brentford fans and screaming "YOUR A C*NT!!!" over and over again.
    I don't think he made it to the second half.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Bloodyhell - 'Fatty's Got A Burger'!!!

Defo v Coventry City at Selhurst, could have SWORN it was 0-0. God knows how I remembered who we were even playing! Remember 'Bye bye fatty' at the end, too, think he did wave in the end. God the things that remain in our brains...!!

I think it was indeed the nil-nil.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Gordon Riddick must be over 70!

Still quicker than Makienok though probably.
    I've had a rummage around on the internet. The date was 3 October 1967. Gordon Riddick is indeed in his 70s but didn't play in that game; he joined two years later. I must be confusing games. I can remember the "Who's undefeated" chant from the Covered End as we beat Pompey 4-1 in pouring rain and I remember Gordon Riddick scoring on a wet, muddy night too. I seem to have merged the two events together.
  • Options

"Get your handbag off the line!"

That was Swindon at home I think. Was that the game Deano gave them the goal and they won 1-0 ?
    Quite an achievement, winning with not a single shot on target.
  • Options
    As a one off, "things can only get better" at OT '94 with 10,000 singing at half time. It didn't last long in to the second half, but it will be something I'll never forget.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Can't remember if I already mentioned these but there was 'You're the face of Pukka Pies" to a particularly fat and ugly lad playing for Scunthorpe, away when they were briefly in the Championship.

Crewe away in 1998. There was this bald bloke down the front of their stand, leaning on the fence around the edge of the pitch close to the away end which was behind the goal. Can't remember what prompted it but for some reason the traveling Addicks started picking on him. By the end of it half the away end were signing songs at/about him and he cracked. He stood back from the fence and started gesticulating and offering us all outside. Some enterprising kid spotted his chance and nicked the blokes spot against the fence so when he turned back round he released he'd lost his prime spot, threw a wobbly and sulked of home to sound of us all signing something along the lines of 'Where's your fence gone?"
  • Options
    Chant from Forest fans earlier this season re our centre forward "You're just a s*@t Andy Carroll" - made me smile
  • Options
    I can remember this being sang away at Chelsea in an FA cup tie in the early 90's " we all agree , sturgess is better than minto" lol
  • Options
    AlF said:

Hereford United (almost in Wales) away. We had Keith in the middle and Andy upfront...
    "We've got more Jones than you, Hereford, Hereford"

Surley Keith and Andy Jones never played in the same team?