Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic 'One Off' Charlton Songs From The Past

Comments

• Options
    MOBY DUCK said:

Directed at Phil Thompson standing in the away dugout at the valley:

"Get your nose off of our pitch, get your nose off of our pitch"

Haha. Love this one.
  • Options
    To the tune of Trumpet Voluntary: Alan, Alan Campbell na, na, na, na, na... na, na
  • Options
    Racking my brain to think what we were singing when Stan Boardman done his at at halftime of midweek cup game at Anfield. Pretty sure he had to walk off the pitch.

The Fatty one has brought back memories. The burger bar was at the top of the holmesdale stand.
  • Options
    Wycombe away in our first season in League One, there was a Lionel Richie lookalike steward.....everything from 'Hello' to 'Sexual Healing' got an airing
  • Options
    I remember "Fatty's got a burger", a highlight of the bad times at selhurst. More recently, "Is she really going out with him", sung to the two cops (stewards?) walking round the track in front of the away end at the withdean.
  • Options
    Remember the bloke at Crewe getting verbals. Can't remember what was sung? And fat so down the front at Walsall, who ate all the pies.
  • Options
    Get the fat bird off the pitch...
  • Options
    One of my favourites was directed at us when we shared a ground. The Hereford United fans sang 'At least, we own the corner flags' which I thought was a bit different.
  • Options
    Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been done but when we played Grimsby in the early 80's we ripped it out of Nigel Batch, their goalie

'Who's the prat in the green and black, Nigel, Nigel.

Who's the prat in the green and black, Nigel, Nigel Batch'

We repeated this for the whole of the 2nd half and if I remember correctly, it put him off his game and we scored 4.

Happy days,,,
  • Options

Wycombe away in our first season in League One, there was a Lionel Richie lookalike steward.....everything from 'Hello' to 'Sexual Healing' got an airing

Remember similarat Pompey away to Chris Kamara - there's only one,Lionel Richie etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pardews return.

"your not super any more........"
  • Options
    At Barnet in the mid 90s I sang "they play at a ground, a very shit ground in the country" (to Blur's country life).

Unsurprisingly, no-one joined in and it wasn't sung again (well nearly).
  • Options
    I think it was a Newcastle visit when they started singing to us 'Going down, going down, going down'.

Our response 'So are we, so are we, so are we'.

• Options

Not quite a one off but i never got the `Hit him on the head with a baseball bat' song.

Wasnt that for Kevin Keegan .. due to the layby incident
  • Options
    At Grimsby sittying in the fronbt row with the 85 .... "We know a song that gets on Alan Millers nerves .... "

took 35 minutes then he finally reacted :)
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

At Grimsby sittying in the fronbt row with the 85 .... "We know a song that gets on Alan Millers nerves .... "

took 35 minutes then he finally reacted :)

Or what about the classic at Dagenham and Redbridge? Them singing Charlton give us a song and you replying with a solo version of The Greatest Love of All!

Or the equally amazing Gay Steve, 33 from Southend in the Arkles at Liverpool!
  • Options
    Oh yes ... Gay Steve 33 from Southend .... that one just made me chuckle
  • Options
    The Fa Cup who gives a F*ck we're Charlton Athletic and we're going UP
  • Options
    At Sheffield United last season, to Ched Evans ' She said NO evans ' , to the tune of Kumbaya
  • Options

Did he also look like Marvin Gaye then?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two goals, you only need two goals. to Leeds the other year, liked that one, as had rather large gobbed Leeds fan behind me. She was a rotter.
  • Options
    Away at Spurs when they were managed by George Graham and we were 1-0 up - Off side off side, off side off side (anytime they got forward)

Same year away to Arsenal - We're so good you had to leave! We're so good you had to leave!

When we were bottom of the league at home managed by Curbs n Gritty (I dont recall who against, maybe Norwich) - The football league, is upside down, the football league is upside down etc etc

Away at Swindon when everyone got soaked - We're wet and we know we are, we're wet and we know we are
  • Options
    What about Yeovil away a couple of seasons back and their player went down injured. Cue a chorus of "let him drown, let him drown, let him drown!".
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Did he also look like Marvin Gaye then?

Woahhh! Woops bang to rights there! I had it in my head to type 'Oh what a feeling' but 'when I get that feeling' popped out! I'm getting my feelings muddled up.
    Calling Dr Freud

• Options
    Be a good little remix though.
  • Options
    When we properly turned over Man City at The Valley and they were singing "You're just a small team in London".

Going 4-0 up and returning the compliment "We're just a small team in London" went down well.

• Options
    Ipswich play off semi final away when we had the lino with no arms 'he's got a watch wrapped round his cock, he's got a watch wrapped round his cock'

I also like the full ground rendition of 'champions, champions, champions' when we beat city 4-0, first game in prem after winning the title and them claiming they should have. nice.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    When we went 1-0 down at Plymouth Argyle just before Pardew was sacked.
    "We're sh*t and we know we are, we're sh*t and we know we are".
  • Options
    Can't believe nobody's mentioned

"Nine goals went past Perry
    Went past Perry Suckling
    Nine goals, eight goals, seven goals, six goals...."

After Palace got smashed 9-0 by the scousers obv.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Circa 1968 To the tune of "Bonnie and Clyde"

Charlton FC
    They had a reputation
    For smashing up the stations
    On the Southern Region

And one brave fan
    He tried to take them alive
    They left him lying in a pool of blood
    And laughed about it all the way home

I'm very ashamed to say I invented this one...hope I am now forgiven.