Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Morata is cursed
  • Options
    Clear cut pen but Spain have missed 5 penalities in a row now !

For those of you watching Sweden v Poland 
  • Options
    Spain have now missed their last 5 pens 
    Probably not wanting a penalty shootout  :D
  • Options
    I used my wildcard thing on the fantasy league this week, as I thought loads of my team would be rested etc.

Without exception, every time I chose player A over player B, player B has scored.

I came so close to putting in Shaquiri, Damsgaard, Maehle and Wijnaldum who've scored 6 so far this week.

Oh and I took out Lukaku as I thought they'd rest him.
    Add Forsberg to that, saw Jorginho was still playing Monday, they both take pens but Jorginho was cheaper....  
  • Options
    Come to the conclusion I really dislike watching games in Seville. That’s not even a football stadium is it?
  • Options
    Come to the conclusion I really dislike watching games in Seville. That’s not even a football stadium is it?
    It's terrible, games were supposed to be held in Bilbao, what was the reason for switching? I get venues have had to be moved for COVID but moving a venue within a country seems odd.
  • Options
    Two more chances missed by Spain.

• Options
    That's cheered up the Scottish goalie.
  • Options
    What a mistake...
  • Options
    Massive error by the keeper, that’s a shocker  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's what happens when keepers are no longer taught to catch the bloody thing
  • Options
    There are two much better football stadiums in the city, but they’ve got this white elephant so they have to use it. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    It's terrible, games were supposed to be held in Bilbao, what was the reason for switching? I get venues have had to be moved for COVID but moving a venue within a country seems odd.
    Shame because San Mames is a quality stadium - went there a couple years ago for a game - loved it 
  • Options
    What on earth was that? Got to be something dodgy going on there. Wow
  • Options
    Hero to Zero in minutes after saving the penalty for the Newcastle keeper.

Own Goals odds on for golden boot;
    Is that 6?
  • Options
    Massive error by the keeper, that’s a shocker  :D
    It looks like he has done that on purpose.
  • Options
    Looks like he went with the wrong hand.
  • Options
    What on earth was that? Got to be something dodgy going on there. Wow
    Let’s just say I get a £5 free bet if Spain win and leave it there, shall we. 
  • Options
    So will be Croatia v Spain as things stand?

England were damned with a draw or win last night really 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Slovakia are out as things stand according to the BBC - Ukraine will be ahead in the third place rankings courtesy of having scored more goals 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021

Yes - exactly. Spain v Croatia in Copenhagen as it stands.

Sweden, as Group E winners, would face Ukraine or the Czechs (or far less likely, Finland) in Glasgow. Then a potential quarter final against England or Group F runners up.
  • Options
    Slovakia are out as things stand according to the BBC - Ukraine will be ahead in the third place rankings courtesy of having scored more goals 
    Yes, as it stands Finland are out and Slovakia would join them unless France beat Portugal by four goals.
  • Options

I'd fancy England to beat Spain. 
    France/Germany I'm nervous about if honest. Not just on form, but history.
    Anyway England have been in 2nd gear so far😉
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Yes, as it stands Finland are out and Slovakia would join them unless France beat Portugal by four goals.
    What do Finland need to get through?

Apart from a miracle

Sounds like if we can get beyond the R16, the QF becomes a winnable game as per your post above about who we'd face
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Think that's the game done and dusted in Seville.

Slovakia now in real danger of heading out. Only above Finland on goals scored. Either way it looks like that it'll be Finland and Slovakia that miss out and Ukraine squeak through.
  • Options
    This keeper is having a right old Reginald blinker.
  • Options
    This keeper is having a right old Reginald blinker.
    Absolutely 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    For anyone that needs help keeping track of the third placed teams etc...

Round of 16 fixtures:

26 June:
    In Amsterdam, Wales will play Denmark
    In London, Italy will play Austria

27 June:
    In Seville, Belgium will play Group F third.
    In Budapest, Netherlands will play Czech Republic.

28 June:
    In Copenhagen, Croatia will play Spain.
    In Bucharest, the winner of Group F will play Switzerland.

29 June: 
    In London, England will play the runner up of Group F.
    In Glasgow, Sweden will play Ukraine.

Above fixtures are as it stands at half time with Finland and Slovakia crashing out.
  • Options
    That ground is awful. Sad thing is the two clubs grounds in Seville are class