Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Still spinning my head that Loic Nego is out there playing very well for Hungary!
  • Still spinning my head that Loic Nego is out there playing very well for Hungary!
    They weren’t necessarily all bad footballers.  But they were far from right for us. 
  • The issue with VAR is when you have a referee this much of a diva. Even if you told him in his ear he was wrong he would ignore you and stick with his decision. 
    Surprise surprise you defend VAR even when it looks like it got it wrong. 
    Sorry who gave the decision? 
    They are two seperate things though. You're blaming the ref for both. The penalty was soft, probably the wrong decision. He is not in control of VAR though is he?
    VAR have to give the benefit of the doubt when it's not an obvious error. 

They didn't stop play and tell ref to give the penalty. 
    You defended VAR by saying the ref would have ignored them anyway. Where's your proof for that? How often has a referee ignored what VAR has said to them?
    A referee gives the worst decision in the tournament by a country mile, you decide to bash VAR anyway. 

Nice to see refs are given a pass to make terrible decisions because it's the big bad VAR's fault they can't use their eyes. 
  • The issue with VAR is when you have a referee this much of a diva. Even if you told him in his ear he was wrong he would ignore you and stick with his decision. 
    You would defend Var regardless of how shite a decision they make 
    Give Tommy D his due (vomit), some of these players have good numbers for a reason, they're not all duds.

It's just then about fitting the player to the right club. Nego has clearly found a better fit in Hungary than he did in London.
  • edited June 2021
    The issue with VAR is when you have a referee this much of a diva. Even if you told him in his ear he was wrong he would ignore you and stick with his decision. 
    They are two seperate things though. You're blaming the ref for both. The penalty was soft, probably the wrong decision. He is not in control of VAR though is he?

You defended VAR by saying the ref would have ignored them anyway. Where's your proof for that? How often has a referee ignored what VAR has said to them?
    A referee gives the worst decision in the tournament by a country mile, you decide to bash VAR anyway. 

Nice to see refs are given a pass to make terrible decisions because it's the big bad VAR's fault they can't use their eyes. 
    I haven't said anything of the sort. VAR has a big advantage over the referees, they should use that. Live I was about 75% sure it wasn't a pen so yes, it was a poor decision. After the replay, I was 100% sure it wasn't. Therefore VAR had the better position but didn't use it. 

Regardless, you defended VAR by saying the referee would have ignored them anyway, I noticed you ignored my previous questions. Mainly because you're chatting shite. 

Ooohhh VAR Fwends
  • Germany have lost their last 8 matches at the European Championships when behind at half time.
  • Weird business with that sock tape
  • Looks onside, let's see if VAR works
  • Sponsored links:

• Get in!  Stay like this!!
  • Portugal 1-2 France
    Germany 0-1 Hungary

As it stands:

1. France (vs Switzerland)
    2. Hungary (vs England)
    3. Germany (vs Belgium)
    4. Portugal (knocked out)
  • I'll take that!
  • That's better, and that's where it works. 
  • Another poor decision from an official. 

Luckily able to be overturned this time. 
  • Ok let's keep it like this!
  • End both games now  :D
  • Should be 1-1 now if it werent for var 👀
    VAR does its job correctly 
    The. Referee. Made. The. Rubbish. Decision. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Mbappe has told PSG he want to leave I wonder if Utd fancy putting him in their starting line up with Pogba 😂
    The. Referee. Made. The. Rubbish. Decision. 
    So dim
    VAR does its job correctly 
    Yep. I did think the officials got it wrong.
  • Phenomenal leap by Ronaldo 
  • Do we get Hungary as it stands?
  • Croydon said:
    Do we get Hungary as it stands?
    Yep
  • What has Digne done ?  Just turned over to see him being subbed off & the commentators saying that was the end for him..?
  • Weird business with that sock tape
    Too much white of the socks showing