Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    I don't get Jenas' chat. Of course you can't just 'block' someone. I don't think it's a pen, but I don't agree with Jenas' reasoning
  • Options
    Yep never a pen
  • Options
    That's what VAR is there for. 

Seems like referee ego wins out again. 
  • Options
    VAR wrong this time?
    I guess so. Unless they decided it wasn't an obvious error. I'd have been telling the ref to take a look personally. 
  • Options
    Soft penalty, a gift for France 
  • Options
    Terrible decision. If that is a pen then no contact is ever allowed ever again.
  • Options
    France have looked average for 2.5 games now.
    They don't scare me on tonight's showing, that's for sure. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    That's what VAR is there for. 

Seems like referee ego wins out again. 
    Not overruled, there was contact so not clear & obvious error. This is what the clear & obvious crowd wanted. If it was up to the VAR alone, that would've been overturned.
  • Options
    Var is shite. 
    End of 
  • Options
    That further backs up my comment yesterday that the officiating is absolutely shocking in this competition.
    I've not seen as many games as I would have liked to but I think the refs and VAR have been good so far....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Referees are shite. End of. 

This ref has the ego of Mike Dean. All about him. 
  • Options
    Fuck it - I think we should play France, Germany, Hungary and Portugal  next Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Ref is going to ruin this game. 
  • Options
    Wasn't it this ref who have a shocking penalty earlier in the tourno?
  • Options
    We'd definitely need to play better than we have, but I think if we put their defence under pressure we could score a couple. Kimpembe and Varane look nothing more than decent, don't think either of their full backs gets in our squad. Obviously their attacking talent is incredibly dangerous but I'd go into that game feeling we had a chance. 
  • Options
    The issue with VAR is when you have a referee this much of a diva. Even if you told him in his ear he was wrong he would ignore you and stick with his decision. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Wasn't it this ref who have a shocking penalty earlier in the tourno?
    He's been in the middle for Belgium/Russia, England/Scotland and tonight.
  • Options
    The issue with VAR is when you have a referee this much of a diva. Even if you told him in his ear he was wrong he would ignore you and stick with his decision. 
    What was more concerning was his lack of care towards the player on the deck after what looked like a wrestling move from the top rope from Lloris 
  • Options
    Surprise surprise you defend VAR even when it looks like it got it wrong. 
  • Options
    Sorry who gave the decision? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    VAR did what it was meant to do within the rules.

The penalty decision was not a clear and obvious error so was not overturned. If you want decisions like that overturned, you have to scrap the clear and obvious element of the rules.
  • Options
    We'd definitely need to play better than we have, but I think if we put their defence under pressure we could score a couple. Kimpembe and Varane look nothing more than decent, don't think either of their full backs gets in our squad. Obviously their attacking talent is incredibly dangerous but I'd go into that game feeling we had a chance. 
    I think we'd do them. Only side I don't want is Germany, just think we're cursed against them.
  • Options
    Var
  • Options
    They are two seperate things though. You're blaming the ref for both. The penalty was soft, probably the wrong decision. He is not in control of VAR though is he?
  • Options
    VAR did what it was meant to do within the rules.

The penalty decision was not a clear and obvious error so was not overturned. If you want decisions like that overturned, you have to scrap the clear and obvious element of the rules.
    Possibly, but I think the most sensible thing to do was to get the ref to go and look on the monitor. I agree it shouldn't have been overturned by VAR. 
  • Options
    They are two seperate things though. You're blaming the ref for both. The penalty was soft, probably the wrong decision. He is not in control of VAR though is he?
    VAR have to give the benefit of the doubt when it's not an obvious error. 

They didn't stop play and tell ref to give the penalty. 
  • Options
    VAR have to give the benefit of the doubt when it's not an obvious error. 

They didn't stop play and tell ref to give the penalty. 
    You defended VAR by saying the ref would have ignored them anyway. Where's your proof for that? How often has a referee ignored what VAR has said to them?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Just goes to show that we've no idea who might be the easier game really, Germany ran Portugal ragged at times, but tonight Portugal look much better than France, who beat Germamy pretty comfortably....
  • Options
    Round of 16 as it stands at HT...

26 June:
    In Amsterdam, Wales will play Denmark
    In London, Italy will play Austria

27 June:
    In Seville, Belgium will play Hungary.
    In Budapest, Netherlands will play Czech Republic.

28 June:
    In Copenhagen, Croatia will play Spain.
    In Bucharest, the France will play Switzerland.

29 June: 
    In London, England will play Portugal.
    In Glasgow, Sweden will play Ukraine.