Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Almost 13 xG today across two matches. Exhausting.
  • What a brilliant two games of football we've had and Roy Keane is still doing his best to bring the mood down.
  • Imagine how insufferable Southgate will be if we win this
    So you'd rather we exit the competition than seeing Southgate happy with us winning it?
  • Name a better day of international tournament football
  • CAFCTrev said:
    MrOneLung said:
    What were those Camera angles of the penalties! I was screaming at the TV, absolutely awful
    You are joking surely. 

That is by far the best angle to see exactly how close they are going to the corners etc 
    Really didn’t like it that angle. FIFA generation 
    This isn't even the angle you take pens on FIFA.
    Who knows. Not played a computer game since about 1988! 
  • edited June 2021
    Leuth said:
    Name a better day of international tournament football
    29th June 2021... England 1-0 Germany

We'll score in about the 10th minute, then we wont set foot out of our half for the other 80mins
  • Sponsored links:

• France were my tip for the competition, but that’s the beauty of tournament football, everyone has a potential worldy game in them and Switzerland found that tonight 
  • Stig said:
    What a brilliant two games of football we've had and Roy Keane is still doing his best to bring the mood down.
    Keane and Vierra basically said Pogba is overrated😀 I'm paraphrasing of course.
  • so good to see football played again with the handbrake taken off - teams going for it with the crowd urging them on rather than all that tactical sterile round the back stuff - having said that, if we can bore our way to winning the tournament, i'll take that - the tension when we play makes it exciting enough but i want to see hell for leather from everyone else 
  • What a night of football! 
  • Stig said:
    What a brilliant two games of football we've had and Roy Keane is still doing his best to bring the mood down.
    Keane and Vierra basically said Pogba is overrated😀 I'm paraphrasing of course.
    I think to Roy Keane, everyone is overrated except Roy Keane.
  • Had to have a quiet dance in my living room. Now I'm off into the beautiful quiet streets to picked up my oldest son from what's sure to be a depressed party. Love it!!!!!
    You should have cheered loudly for the neighbourhood banter.
    I was trying not to wake up the rest of the family. 
    I don't get involved in banter - I'd be asking for trouble as I'm far too outnumbered 🙂
    Having said that, the family my son went to see the match at were actually supporting Switzerland as the father's mother is Swiss. One of his boys however was wearing a French shirt and looked really fed up. I said to him 'nevermind - you've seen your team win a tournament. Imagine being 48 and still waiting.'
  • Great that when a player chooses to stay on his feet, the foul is still penalised. It shows players that they don't have to stay down to get a penalty

Another massive highlight for me today. I know he missed the pen but i hope VAR may encourage players to stay on their feet
  • Sponsored links:

• Had to have a quiet dance in my living room. Now I'm off into the beautiful quiet streets to picked up my oldest son from what's sure to be a depressed party. Love it!!!!!
    You should have cheered loudly for the neighbourhood banter.
    I was trying not to wake up the rest of the family. 
    I don't get involved in banter - I'd be asking for trouble as I'm far too outnumbered 🙂
    Having said that, the family my son went to see the match at were actually supporting Switzerland as the father's mother is Swiss. One of his boys however was wearing a French shirt and looked really fed up. I said to him 'nevermind - you've seen your team win a tournament. Imagine being 48 and still waiting.'
    Ah I thought you were hiding your dancing coz of neighbours, I forget it's a bit later for you. 
    Any English person under 55 has waited for us to win something I wouldn't feel too bad about France losing today.
  • MrOneLung said:
    What were those Camera angles of the penalties! I was screaming at the TV, absolutely awful
    You are joking surely. 

That is by far the best angle to see exactly how close they are going to the corners etc 
    Oh no no no, honestly hated them. 
  • oiiiiii Pogba, Mbappe, Griezmann, Benzema - '3-1 and you fucked it up!'
  • The two games today were great dramas.
    Twists and turns and great come backs.
    Some fantastic goals and mistakes and football can still shock and delight in equal measures.

Italy must be loving seeing the other teams in their side of the draw knocking the stuffing out of each other.

Will England v Germany be after the Lord Mayor show?

2-1 England, a brace for Kane and able to progress to next round. 
  • Imagine how insufferable Southgate will be if we win this
    He can come round and rump the missus if we win it 
    What after Nicky Bailey? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    You are joking surely. 

Oh no no no, honestly hated them. 
    I agree, totally unnatural angle. 
  • I quite like the angle, you get see more where the ball has gone than you do with the camera off to the side.

Would be even better lower and more behind the taker but can understand why they can't quite get that angle.
  • edited June 2021
    Anyone know the record for penalties in a match until someone finally missed? Has to be at least 15-20, right?
    The current World Record for the most penalties scored consecutively in a shoot out stands at 29, in a Hampshire Senior Cup second-round game between Brockenhurst and Andover Town on 9 October 2013, in which the 30th penalty was saved allowing Brockenhurst to win 15–14.

Ivory Coast and Cameroon needed 24 penalties to decide who would advance to the semi-finals of the 2006 African Cup of Nations. The Ivory Coast advanced by winning 12–11 after Samuel Eto’o missed his second attempt, as his was the only miss of the penalty shootout.