Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Thought Turkey would ruffle a few feathers tonight, they've been very disappointing. Italy have been very good, will be hard to keep this kind of energy for the whole tournament though. 
  • edited June 2021
    colthe3rd said:
    Why are italy wearing white?
    Turkey were drawn in position A1, Italy were drawn in A2. Technically Turkey are the home team.
    We are the home team against Croatia and Scotland, but will be the away team against the Czechs, despite it being played at Wembley.

So whites for the first two games, and the blue/red number for the last group game.
    Get out of here with your reasons people are moaning!!!!!

It's not moaning, just weird that either team needs to wear away strip when no clash.  Probably driven by the kit makers rather than any football reason.
    Its nothing new, the England v Germany game both wore their away kits in Euro 2000 when only one of them needed to.
  • Wales will be licking their lips at this. Actually think the pressure has got to turkey. Recent form and outside praise has come on top of them.
  • I honestly thought I was going mad. Saw there was a 3rd goal on here but still 2-0 on my TV -Mrs Otto “oh I paused it when you went to get. Beer”. Fuck off back to the kitchen woman. 
    Hahaha she thought she was doing you a favour. Don’t be too harsh mate.
  • Wales will be licking their lips at this. Actually think the pressure has got to turkey. Recent form and outside praise has come on top of them.
    Turkey can only get better.
    This could seriously dent their confidence. As I say, Wales and Switzerland got nothing to fear watching this. High press and they can’t cope.
  • Turkey losing their heads now
  • I've backed Turkey at 50/1 to get to the final, on tonight's showing that was a stupid bet,!! 
    Mind you I also backed Italy at 16/1 to get to the final...now that's a better few Bob spent I think!!
  • edited June 2021
    Turkey just don’t have the ability to play from the back. Their wingbacks are just not good enough driving forward and as a result they are just getting penned in.

Any high press will take them apart.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've backed Turkey at 50/1 to get to the final, on tonight's showing that was a stupid bet,!! 
    Mind you I also backed Italy at 16/1 to get to the final...now that's a better few Bob spent I think!!
    16/1?!? where the hell did you find those odds?
    This could seriously dent their confidence. As I say, Wales and Switzerland got nothing to fear watching this. High press and they can’t cope.
    Turkey have looked poor across the pitch and poor technically- really surprised.  I imagine their supporters will be p***ed off.
  • Why are Italy fecking about with it at the back? 
  • Scoreline flatters Turkey. Italy look full of energy.
    Italy at 16’s to make the final, where the fuck was that???

I got 9’s on them to win it 
  • Very good performance from Italy, they're in the easier half of the draw so should get to the Quarters before coming up against tough opposition

Undecided if they're genuine challengers or still dark horses
  • Enjoyed that second half 
  • Turkey looked carved up.
  • Very good performance from Italy, they're in the easier half of the draw so should get to the Quarters before coming up against tough opposition

They look good to me - just need to improve up top.
  • Italy very impressive against a side that was some people's dark horse. Neat, tidy, slick going forward and incredibly hard working. Be interesting to see how the Italian centre backs cope against proper pace though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Turkey looked carved up.
    They got stuffed

when you look at their individual players, they can definitely be beaten. Players from Roma, Saccuolo, even Juve. Collectively they look decent tho and Mancini has done a very good job. 28 unbeaten but has there been a top side in those games?

Yeah not having a World Class Striker will ultimately hurt them I think - Didnt really get to see their defence under serious threat either. 

Yeah not having a World Class Striker will ultimately hurt them I think - Didnt really get to see their defence under serious threat either. 
    Switzerland should give them a decent test.

when you look at their individual players, they can definitely be beaten. Players from Roma, Saccuolo, even Juve. Collectively they look decent tho and Mancini has done a very good job. 28 unbeaten but has there been a top side in those games?
    Wasn't a typical Italian performance - curious to see how they will play against Switzerland.

Netherlands are the only team I could see when I checked earlier, beat them in Amsterdam and drew in Italy last autumn. 

You may be right, but thought that was very impressive stuff from the Italians. Can only beat whats in front of you etc
  • Italy are going to be hard to beat, a great start for them.
    Their defence hasn't been tested yet.
    Their defence hasn't been tested yet.
    Although that challenge from Chellini at the end...