Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Watched the first half.... Zzzzzz....
  • edited June 2021
    Deserved lead
  • Huge let off for Wales! 
    Why no use of VAR? Clearly shirt pulling.
    VAR is in use
    Yeah, VAR was used last night for a possible handball, but today when the Welsh defender almost pulled the shirt off the player he was marking, nothing.
    If there's contact it's a pen.
    If you were Steven Gerrard you got a pen, even without contact.
    But you can pull a shirt half off & that's ok. 
  • Embolo looking very good.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:
    The BBC Audio choice on the red button has been a godsend. Managed to avoid listening to Jenas last night and Savage this afternoon. Much better. 
    Savage is an awful commentator. 
    Yeah. It's Nathan Blake on the BBC Audio choice (BBC Radio Wales commentary). Not trying to lmpress anyone and being honest about the Welsh performance so far. Poor defending on the goal. The Swiss corner was designed to isolate a defender on Embolo in the middle of the goal, and Connor Roberts couldn't deal with him.
  • Thought this group was going to be pretty competitive. Not the case so far.
  • Get Johnny on!
  • If the Welsh defender concentrated on trying to head the ball clear rather than having a shoving match he was never going to win, they may not have conceded that goal.
  • It's around this sort of time when Bowyer would bring Chris Gunter on  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Wales have been rubbarsh. 
  • just switched on BBC to watch the Euro's and instead they've got Walsall v Swindon.
  • Fantastic finish.
  • Good header!
  • Good. I have a dislike of the Swiss. Not sure if it's irrational or not
  • IdleHans said:
    Good. I have a dislike of the Swiss. Not sure if it's irrational or not
    I assume their fans are neutral.
  • VAR took ages over that, looked well offside to me.
  • Robbie Savage is absolutely woeful
  • edited June 2021
    This is how VAR should be used (apart from the time it took). 
  • Well done Wales. Embolo looks a player.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Savage spent the last year coating off var then creaming his draws over it 
  • edited June 2021
    Switzerland / Wales must beat Turkey to qualify at this point. I can’t see Italy giving up points to either and max two points won’t be enough to get through.
  • IdleHans said:
    I don’t hate them, but they just feel like such a bland nation in each tournament.

Always seem to be there, but never actually do anything vaguely interesting.
  • cafctom said:
    IdleHans said:
    I don’t hate them, but they just feel like such a bland nation in each tournament.

Always seem to be there, but never actually do anything vaguely interesting.
    Geography aside, I think that might be true of the nation
  • edited June 2021
    Switzerland / Wales must beat Turkey to qualify at this point. I can’t see Italy giving up points to either and max two points won’t be enough to get through.
    It is possible a draw could do it. If Switzerland beat Turkey it will, If they draw, it might come down to the result against Italy with 0-3 to better! Although it then comes down to other groups. Possible though!
  • Normally i let the whole them not liking us bollox pass me by. Never been bothered by Wales but when i hear that twat Savage it makes me go for whoever is against them. 
  • Very average performance by Wales. Yes they are a smaller nation, with different levels of expectations, but England would have been slaughtered if they played like that
  • edited June 2021
    But they are a smaller nation with a Charlton player and a Charlton player from last season in their squad. It is a good result for them. If we are going to compare them to England, there really isn't one that can be made. Bale of course but nobody else compares.
  • Huge let off for Wales! 
    Why no use of VAR? Clearly shirt pulling.
    VAR is in use
    Yeah, VAR was used last night for a possible handball, but today when the Welsh defender almost pulled the shirt off the player he was marking, nothing.

Nah, never a penalty that. Why? Because VAR is wonderful and doesn't get any decision wrong, ever, apparently.
  • He was just asking if they could swap shirts at the end of the match. Nothing to see here! :)