Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Four points should be enough to qualify as a third place team

Only two teams finished third with four points last time out. Even three draws could do it, but might be tight for Wales, especially as their Group will be the second to finish so they'll have an anxious wait

• be interesting t see Finland .. I can't recall them being in any other tournament, anywhere, ever (except Ice Hockey)
  • be interesting t see Finland .. I can't recall them being in any other tournament, anywhere, ever (except Ice Hockey)
    they have that baseball thing as well 
  • Switzerland / Wales must beat Turkey to qualify at this point. I can’t see Italy giving up points to either and max two points won’t be enough to get through.
    It is possible a draw could do it. If Switzerland beat Turkey it will, If they draw, it might come down to the result against Italy with 0-3 to better! Although it then comes down to other groups. Possible though!
    It’s very improbable. In 2016, every third place team had three points or better. If you end up with two, you’re more likely going to be one of the third place teams that misses out.
  • two points could get second!
  • two points could get second!
    This is also true lol
    interesting how you get these little outposts playing 'foreign games' .. at one time baseball was a big thing in Hull, with some 80 teams playing in different standard leagues .. still quite popular in Hull even now
  • edited June 2021
    Would need Wales and Switzerland to draw with Turkey and then it would come down to the best result against Italy! 
  • edited June 2021
    be interesting t see Finland .. I can't recall them being in any other tournament, anywhere, ever (except Ice Hockey)
    interesting how you get these little outposts playing 'foreign games' .. at one time baseball was a big thing in Hull, with some 80 teams playing in different standard leagues .. still quite popular in Hull even now
    looking it up on wiki it has alot of similarities to baseball but it does have a few differences.
    It is a bit odd how they came up with it. The only reason i know about it is because i knew someone who lived in Finland and apparently this is they're national sport. though i think Ice Hockey is the real sport. Australia are into it which i would never of guessed. 

Also why Hull of all places for baseball? 

link below is about the baseball sport - Pesapallo its called. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesäpallo
  • Come on Denmark!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wearing my 1986 Denmark shirt today in honour of Thomas.
  • Football is a funny world. If you watched that game today not knowing the players how many people do you think would be able to sort out the players that count their money in £100,000's Per week and the ones that count their wages in the low £1000's per week ? I couldn't I know that
  • edited June 2021
    Love how Finland have some bloke called: O'Shaughnessy in the team

Shame that Jani Tanska never really made it, although had a good career back home
  • edited June 2021
    Love how Finland have some bloke called: O'Shaughnessy in the team

Shame that Jani Tanska never really made it, although had a good career back home
    And he's a Charlton fan too!

Correction Cheltenham why can't people speak proper!
  • Yes it is. I was just thinking I'm glad TS isnt Finnish if we are scouting out there I have no chance of saying let alone spelling many of those names lol
  • edited June 2021
    Just thinking of when Moore spent time at Yeovil and he was on our radar.  A slow burner of a career but honest as a day's long and superb in the air.

Gareth Southgate is regretting leaving out  Stockley from his squad.
  • The contrast between this and the fiasco in Baku is already noticeable. Give us a Denmark / Sweden / Norway / Finland hosted Euros soon please UEFA.
  • Mate by the end of the tournament he may well be regretting leaving Pearce out lol
  • The contrast between this and the fiasco in Baku is already noticeable. Give us a Denmark / Sweden / Norway / Finland hosted Euros soon please UEFA.
    Even a World Cup with those four would be great 
  • Love how Finland have some bloke called: O'Shaughnessy in the team

I'm loving Denmark's Wind. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Already feels the best game of the tournament so far
  • Strange amount of fans allowed in. Might as well sold all tickets rather than leave a few empty seats around the stadium as people are next to each other anyway.  
  • Loving the fact that there is a proper split of home vs away fans in this game. First time we've seen it since before the pandemic from what I recall. 
  • Group A hasn't been kind to any Switzerland fans wanting to see their games. First game in Baku, then off to Rome, then third game back in Baku. 
  • Already feels the best game of the tournament so far
    0-0 nailed on now then.
    would be a great place for it. 

What is a shame that we (England) will now have to wait decades for a proper home tournament. They will use these Euros (when we are in a pandemic) with several games in London as enough of a reason to never reward us. However, the huge footballing nation that is Qatar... 
  • This is silly. Four of the six teams on show so far have played in second kits but only in Wales v Switzerland would there have been a clash if they had played in their primary colours. Bizarre. 
    would be a great place for it. 

What is a shame that we (England) will now have to wait decades for a proper home tournament. They will use these Euros (when we are in a pandemic) with several games in London as enough of a reason to never reward us. However, the huge footballing nation that is Qatar... 
    Meanwhile the next Euro's are in Germany despite them only having a world cup in 2006.
  • The own goal that Jonathan Pearce was talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXHiAm53HE
  • Its quite incredible really - England probably has more 'iconic' stadiums at the top level than anywhere else in the global game. Not to mention we're a country of 'matchgoers'. The money that UEFA or FIFA would make from an England/UK hosted tournament would surely be enormous.