Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Praying for him. Absolutely awful to see.  
  • Dansk_Red said:
    I believe the football govening bodies are asking to much of footballers, they should have cancelled Euro 2020.
    Come on, this could have happened anytime, anywhere. Nothing to do with the scheduling of a tournament. 
  • God that was so upsetting to watch. Come on Christian pull through! 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    I believe the football govening bodies are asking to much of footballers, they should have cancelled Euro 2020.
    Come on, this could have happened anytime, anywhere. Nothing to do with the scheduling of a tournament. 
    Can we drop this ffs
  • WSS said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    It’s definitely not the time for it but…what?!
    There is a serious amount of money invested in monitoring players health. 
  • edited June 2021
    Horrifyingly upsetting. Please pull through.
  • Come on Eriksen, how terrible.
  • Deeply upset. Praying, and I’m an atheist. 
  • Sponsored links:

• UEFA tv coverage is disgusting. Should’ve cut the cameras. Didn’t need to see what we saw.
  • Age and fitness are on his side and the speed that medical assistance arrived.
  • Dazzler, was there even the need to post it on here? 
  • All my fingers and toes are crossed. Hope he pulls through.
  • edited June 2021
    cafc4life said:
    Dazzler, was there even the need to post it on here? 
    I posted it because it's pissing me off. Don't try and get a rise out of me, now isn't the time.

It appears to have been updated now.
  • This was horrible and really puts things into perspective. Praying he pulls through 🙏
  • Just switched on and unexpectedly ran into this. Horrible scenes, I hope he pulls through. Just sat here now hoping for some good news.
  • I was behind on Sky+ so flicked through to figure out what was going on, literally didn’t believe what I’d seen when they were giving him CPR and the cameras cut in fairly close. I said nope, and hit back up. Really shocked at the way that whole thing was shot - cutting to someone who may have been a relation in tears getting a hug from Schmeichel, close ups of players crying. It’s not fucking Neighbours. 
  • Pipe down with the captain hindsight “they should have cut away” comments. I don’t believe anyone realised how bad it was. Cameras zoom in on injured players all the time and no one complains. It was assumed he’d get up and be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:
    Let's not turn it in to a debate about this people. 

Dansk_Red said:
    Can we drop this ffs
    Absolutely you are right. insensitive from me.
  • Kicker reports the doctors gave the thumbs up as they left.
  • cfgs said:
    Age and fitness are on his side and the speed that medical assistance arrived.
    You’d like to think so.🙏
  • JaShea99 said:
    Pipe down with the captain hindsight “they should have cut away” comments. I don’t believe anyone realised how bad it was. Cameras zoom in on injured players all the time and no one complains. It was assumed he’d get up and be fine.
    The CPR was obvious cameras should have cut away.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Pipe down with the captain hindsight “they should have cut away” comments. I don’t believe anyone realised how bad it was. Cameras zoom in on injured players all the time and no one complains. It was assumed he’d get up and be fine.
    Not the time or place. 
  • Photo on Twitter shows him on oxygen and conscious, nowhere near out of the woods yet though 

Saw that. Holding his own oxygen mask and awake as he came off the pitch on the gurney. That is very good news.