Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• AndyG said:
    I have pretty much zero medical knowledge but total respect for those people that do. To witness such disturbing scenes I was totally at a loss with myself just watching it. Those people that seem to have brought Christian back to consciousness are total miracle workers imo. Imagine going home after work knowing that you had done that ! Please God he pulls through xx
    Everyone can learn how to do CPR - it can be a lifesaver. 
    Knowing where the nearest defibrillator is, is also important.
  • Unbelievable bravery if the Danish reports about Kjaer’s immediate actions are true.
  • Rothko said:
    Good news from Copenhagen, and as for the BBC, they were out pretty quickly once they knew the full situation, and I thought they handled it well in studio. As for UEFAs broadcast team, it’s hard, where do you focus, you can’t just cut the stream
    You cut to a wide angle lens and keep it there. They had a blimp cam that they were using, just cut to that and leave it there. The commentators are still in the stadium or receiving more pictures and knowledge than us, they can relay the information
  • edited June 2021
    AndyG said:
    I have pretty much zero medical knowledge but total respect for those people that do. To witness such disturbing scenes I was totally at a loss with myself just watching it. Those people that seem to have brought Christian back to consciousness are total miracle workers imo. Imagine going home after work knowing that you had done that ! Please God he pulls through xx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFzfwLM72c
    Wasnt sure why you posted that, but (and for anyone else unsure) my wife has reminded me that the beat to this song is how you perform CPR
    na, just like the song. Doing it to annoy @SoundAsa£ for saying the word "extraneous" which i had to look up. 
  • AndyG said:
    The golfer Bernard Gallacher survived his cardiac arrest thanks to a defib - they need to be in public venues.
  • Its interesting that the BBC and Sky Sports are saying that we're waiting for the UEFA announcement on this game, and that it could have a knock on effect for Belgium v Russia which starts in an hour - Surely they cant expect the Denmark game to be played tonight with the Belgium game put back, UEFA would really be hated if they enforce that!!
  • They are two wonderful countries and the people are so friendly.
  • edited June 2021
    Not sure if I should put this here, particularly at this time, but read this on MyLondon website earlier:

As many as 20,000 Scottish football fans could be travelling to London for next week’s Euro 2020 match against England and large numbers don’t have a place to safely watch the game, Scotland supporters have warned.

Fans have called for the Scottish government to support the creation of a safe fanzone in London for the Tartan Army, in letters to members of the Scottish parliament, seen by My London.

Sven Lister, a member of the Rosyth Tartan Army supporters club, is travelling down with 11 friends, 4 of whom don’t have a ticket for the game.

He believes there could be trouble if fans are unable to watch the match, currently there are no plans from London’s authorities to facilitate a large number of Scotland fans.

“I reckon there will be about 20,000 or so turning out. I mean, all the trains are fully booked from Thursday all the way through to midday on Friday,” said Sven.

“It just worries me that they've not done anything. There's going to be groups wandering, possibly not getting to see the football, which would cause trouble.

“[Not being able to see the game] would annoy people, I know that for a fact.”

Am I turning into an even more MOG by thinking that, if you can't attend the game, and don't have a ticket, stay at home ?

• I don't know how hot it was in Copenhagen but I have heard heatstroke symptons can sometimes closely mimic a heart attack. Hoping it is something where Erikson can resume his career. The whole world of football will be wishing him the very best. 
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    The golfer Bernard Gallacher survived his cardiac arrest thanks to a defib - they need to be in public venues.
    If you have a cardiac arrest and are given cpr you have something like a 10% chance, if a defibrillator is used it’s 90%.
  • I don't know how hot it was in Copenhagen but I have heard heatstroke symptons can sometimes closely mimic a heart attack. Hoping it is something where Erikson can resume his career. The whole world of football will be wishing him the very best. 
    Is currently 16 degrees out there... Given they're an hour ahead of us
  • AndyG said:
    A lot of public places have them, supermarkets, shopping centres etc. The company I used to work for had one in the office also
  • Its interesting that the BBC and Sky Sports are saying that we're waiting for the UEFA announcement on this game, and that it could have a knock on effect for Belgium v Russia which starts in an hour - Surely they cant expect the Denmark game to be played tonight with the Belgium game put back, UEFA would really be hated if they enforce that!!
    ITV arent even showing coverage of Belgium v Russia yet despite the TV Schedule saying it should run from 7pm
  • AndyG said:
    A lot of public places have them, supermarkets, shopping centres etc. The company I used to work for had one in the office also
    Thankfully they are much more accessible now - they make such a difference. 
  • AndyG said:
    I got one for where I used to work, also put a bic razor 🪒 in there, as well as some aspirin.
  • Danish have just tweeted the game is going ahead tonight! I feel so sorry for all those players that have to go back out and play that game. They should all be sent home and told to be with their families.
  • edited June 2021
    Game to be continued tonight at 7.30! GMT
  • Sponsored links:

• Gosh. The match is going to resume. So thankful he seems to be pulling through.
  • Game to be played tonight at 7.30
    What?!
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Danish have just tweeted the game is going ahead tonight! I feel so sorry for all those players that have to go back out and play that game. They should all be sent home and told to be with their families.
    Players where asked, seems they are ok now they know he’s in safe hands in hospital 
  • edited June 2021
    BBC are reporting its at the players request!!

Got to pity Finland in a small way as you just know that Denmark will be desperate to win for Christian
  • Hes only a few months younger than me. I smoke again, drink heavily and try to play football on a Sunday. That has proper put the shit up me.
  • They will know Erikson is ok I suspect. He may have even asked them to go ahead and play.
  • AndyG said:
    One of the sites i visit had the Defib taken away by the management company because they didn't want responsibility for any litigation for its wrong use.