Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Poor from Schmeichel, should have done better with the effort - But then its not normal circumstances
  • Goal Finland  0-1.
  • If the players agreed to play then i don’t see what the problem is.
  • 1StevieG said:
    There are higher forces in play or something. No mate they’re called doctors. 
    Thought the same when Pearce said all the goodwill messages probably played a part. I know it must be tough for them but come on. 
  • SamB09 said:
    If the players agreed to play then i don’t see what the problem is.
    Money and authorities told them.

• 1StevieG said:
    No one on here is more of an atheist than I am. But I really can’t understand how you could take offence at those comments.The game has resumed with good pace and commitment. People who think it shouldn’t go ahead should switch off or watch something else. 
  • SamB09 said:

Christian Eriksen told them.

• paulfox said:
    I have to say For most of my life I’ve been quite remiss of  all these medical people, doctors, nurses etc., not in a bad way just take them for granted maybe. However I sit here absolutely amazed and proud and full of hope if ever I’m in need of just one of them. They are life’s true superhero’s and how they are overlooked when it comes to making there lives more financially stable I will never know( particularly when we have to sit and listen to these bullshitting mp’s for example). Well done and thank you to all of them. Ok i’ll get off my soapbox now. Hopefully Christian will be fine and his family. Prospective has really been put into place.
    My mum was a nurse and my dad a firefighter, both retired/moved into other jobs now but I distinctly remember there were mornings/nights when one or the other would come home with a certain look or just an air about them that said very clearly something had happened.

It was extremely sobering.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Erickson is confirmed to be stabilised I see no problem with this.
    Emotions of the remaining staff.

Have a word with yourself.  Even Sky were gobsmacked the game was resuming.
  • edited June 2021
    1StevieG said:
    No one on here is more of an atheist than I am. But I really can’t understand how you could take offence at those comments.The game has resumed with good pace and commitment. People who think it shouldn’t go ahead should switch off or watch something else. 
    I didn’t say the game should not be restarted. Happy it has. But he dismissed the good work of doctors and that pissed me off. Didn’t need to add that caveat.
  • SamB09 said:

Today's conspiracy theory. I'm sure Eriksen would want the game finished.

Life has to go on.
  • Some of the sniping on here is so pathetic - grow up ffs a lad could of just died whilst kicking a ball about 
    100%
  • edited June 2021
    1StevieG said:
    Very true. On the flip side, are the higher forces deciding who doesn't make it in these circumstances? 
    Wishing someone to get well is great,  but to suggest something higher has saved an individual and not others, I'll never understand. 
  • thenewbie said:

paulfox said:
    I have to say For most of my life I’ve been quite remiss of  all these medical people, doctors, nurses etc., not in a bad way just take them for granted maybe. However I sit here absolutely amazed and proud and full of hope if ever I’m in need of just one of them. They are life’s true superhero’s and how they are overlooked when it comes to making there lives more financially stable I will never know( particularly when we have to sit and listen to these bullshitting mp’s for example). Well done and thank you to all of them. Ok i’ll get off my soapbox now. Hopefully Christian will be fine and his family. Prospective has really been put into place.
    My mum was a nurse and my dad a firefighter, both retired/moved into other jobs now but I distinctly remember there were mornings/nights when one or the other would come home with a certain look or just an air about them that said very clearly something had happened.

It was extremely sobering.
    I wouldn’t even pretend to understand, but how they manage to get on with life out of work like it’s normal  amazes me. 👍
  • edited June 2021
    If Erickson is confirmed to be stabilised I see no problem with this.
    Emotions of the remaining staff.

Have a word with yourself.  Even Sky were gobsmacked the game was resuming.
    The amount of virtue signalling on here, and social media in general, can get very nauseating at times like these.
  • Harsh penalty
  • cfgs said:
    The gold standard for cpr is is to start within 4 minutes of cessation of breathing, you need a defib and about 8 trained people. So every person that learns cpr to whatever standard is another potential lifesaver.

Doing cpr isn't easy or anything like they portray on television but it is done to try and help the casualty, but also to help their loved ones.

Should be taught in schools.   Never understood why I had so many lessons on ox bow lakes but very little to prepare me for life.
  • I suppose technically it's a pen but very unfortunate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• That Penalty is bullshit. A sympathy decision. Glad he saved it.  
  • Very soft penalty, but missed anyway
  • Nice tribute from Lukaku there
  • Where was VAR to over rule that... terrible decision
    I barely know the rules these days, if he clips him accidentally is that not a pen now? Sure it used to be. 
  • Talal said:
    Where was VAR to over rule that... terrible decision
    I barely know the rules these days, if he clips him accidentally is that not a pen now? Sure it used to be. 
    Didnt even look as though he touched him
  • Where was VAR to over rule that... terrible decision
    There was contact - albeit unintentional. So no ‘clear and obvious error’ by the ref.
  • That offside rule is laughable 
  • Talal said:
    Where was VAR to over rule that... terrible decision
    Didnt even look as though he touched him
    He did. The clearest view was from behind the goal. It was a penalty.