Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• They would've been better getting Schwartz to take the penalty (yes, I know, I know :) )
  • Obviously I'm pleased Mr Eriksen is, hopefully, feeling better and on the way already to a full recovery, and agree with the praise for the Danish captain and all involved, I feel the Referee and his team must be praised highly aswell. Its difficult enough being a referee at the best of times without the emotional pressure they must be under now the game has restarted.
  • edited June 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Where was VAR to over rule that... terrible decision
    There was contact - albeit unintentional. So no ‘clear and obvious error’ by the ref.
    But it was after he was already going down.
  • paulfox said:
    thenewbie said:

paulfox said:
    I have to say For most of my life I’ve been quite remiss of  all these medical people, doctors, nurses etc., not in a bad way just take them for granted maybe. However I sit here absolutely amazed and proud and full of hope if ever I’m in need of just one of them. They are life’s true superhero’s and how they are overlooked when it comes to making there lives more financially stable I will never know( particularly when we have to sit and listen to these bullshitting mp’s for example). Well done and thank you to all of them. Ok i’ll get off my soapbox now. Hopefully Christian will be fine and his family. Prospective has really been put into place.
    My mum was a nurse and my dad a firefighter, both retired/moved into other jobs now but I distinctly remember there were mornings/nights when one or the other would come home with a certain look or just an air about them that said very clearly something had happened.

It was extremely sobering.
    I wouldn’t even pretend to understand, but how they manage to get on with life out of work like it’s normal  amazes me. 👍
    You don't have any choice in a lot of jobs - you just have to get on with it. We should celebrate our key workers a lot more.

The players tonight will be upset but they'll learn from it. The great thing is Eriksen survived.
  • bobmunro said:
    paulfox said:
    I have to say For most of my life I’ve been quite remiss of  all these medical people, doctors, nurses etc., not in a bad way just take them for granted maybe. However I sit here absolutely amazed and proud and full of hope if ever I’m in need of just one of them. They are life’s true superhero’s and how they are overlooked when it comes to making there lives more financially stable I will never know( particularly when we have to sit and listen to these bullshitting mp’s for example). Well done and thank you to all of them. Ok i’ll get off my soapbox now. Hopefully Christian will be fine and his family. Prospective has really been put into place.
    They are the best of us.
    Indeed, I’m not a bad person either but my god the respect I have , well I can’t put into words.brave, heroes.,,,, oh maybe I’d kinda did!!😂. ( I was supposed to write perspective in my original post by the way!!. Bloody predictive text.
  • paulfox said:
    thenewbie said:

paulfox said:
    My mum was a nurse and my dad a firefighter, both retired/moved into other jobs now but I distinctly remember there were mornings/nights when one or the other would come home with a certain look or just an air about them that said very clearly something had happened.

It was extremely sobering.
    I wouldn’t even pretend to understand, but how they manage to get on with life out of work like it’s normal  amazes me. 👍
    You don't have any choice in a lot of jobs - you just have to get on with it. We should celebrate our key workers a lot more.

The players tonight will be upset but they'll learn from it. The great thing is Eriksen survived.
    But they choose to put themselves in those jobs, I could never have done so. I would say just value them more than celebrate them, but I do get what your saying. 
  •  said:
    Can see this being a fixture at the remaining games. Brilliant!
  • bobmunro said:
    Where was VAR to over rule that... terrible decision
    There was contact - albeit unintentional. So no ‘clear and obvious error’ by the ref.
    But it was after he was already going down.
    The contact brought him down.
    It was soft, but it was a penalty.
  • Great win Finland... Shame it'll be overshadowed
    Tonight put football in perspective. The key thing is Eriksen is still with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Turned over just in time to see Belgium go 2-0 up.
  • I hope the Danish team can bounce back - a very tough day.
  • Russia second best all over the pitch, making mistakes and giving the ball away
    Should never have been resumed.

It's all about money.
  • That offside rule is laughable 
    Imagine the rows in grassroots football.

Offside shoukd just be offside. 

It's all about money.
    Cool story bro.
  • WSS said:
    SamB09 said:
    If the players agreed to play then i don’t see what the problem is.
    Money and authorities told them.

Christian Eriksen told them.
    Yeah, righto. So said Sky.

The player told the medical staff to f*** off as he wanted to give interviews.

Have a word with yourself.
  • edited June 2021
    Great win Finland... Shame it'll be overshadowed

It's all about money.
    Never known a football fan to hate football so much. Weird.

Russia look shit.
  • edited June 2021
    Great win Finland... Shame it'll be overshadowed

It's all about money.
    All the crowd were still there, some having travelled from Finland.
    Eriksen was sitting up in bed and face timed the players asking them to continue the game.
    When would you have played the game? 
    NB Denmark or Finland are playing Wed 16th, Thurs 17th, Mon 21st and 2nd round starts on Sat 26th probably/possibly in a different country. 
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:
    SamB09 said:

Go and find a conspiracy website - they might take you seriously...
  • WSS said:
    SamB09 said:

Like I said earlier... UEFA's rules state that an abandoned game must be played by the next day - If its all about the money why did they then insist on it happening tonight still? 
  • Finland stand a great chance of advancing based on this Russian performance 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Danish have just tweeted the game is going ahead tonight! I feel so sorry for all those players that have to go back out and play that game. They should all be sent home and told to be with their families.
    100%

All the PR bull**** cannot be believed.

All about money.
  • aliwibble said:
    Every time the commentators on the Belgium game mention Dendoncker, I hear Mendonca and get very confused for a minute.
    .........thank you, thought it was just me.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Danish have just tweeted the game is going ahead tonight! I feel so sorry for all those players that have to go back out and play that game. They should all be sent home and told to be with their families.
    100%

All the PR bull**** cannot be believed.

All about money.
    And on and on and on he goes....

It's all about money.
    You're getting boring...
    Getting.
    His always been boring.
  • WSS said:
    SamB09 said:

Are you ok mate?
    He didn't give any interviews.
    He face timed his team mates.