Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• The Tottenham v Bolton 'Muamba' game was abandoned.
    My LAST post on the subject and ANYTHING else on International football.
  • edited June 2021
    But defibs aren't magic they don't restart a fully arrested heart, they stop and restart a severely irregular heartbeat, which can be the last stage before full arrest. Cpr training is just as important, there is nothing worse than waiting for an ambulance and hearing the words "No shock advised", every two minutes whilst nobody else feels confident or willing to help on the compressions.
    Have a great day.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    So 3 games in, Italy decent second half against a timid Turkey that didn't turn up, Denmark Finland can't really be assessed for obvious reasons and a decent but unspectacular Belgium v an absent Russia.

Portugal, Germany, Spain and France to play yet but will be interesting to see if we can mark our stall out tomorrow in a tough fixture.

A bit harsh on the Welsh to just forget about them... 😉

Ha ha good point!....only half watched it and it slipped my mind.  
  • Jac_52 said:
    So 3 games in, Italy decent second half against a timid Turkey that didn't turn up, Denmark Finland can't really be assessed for obvious reasons and a decent but unspectacular Belgium v an absent Russia.

Portugal, Germany, Spain and France to play yet but will be interesting to see if we can mark our stall out tomorrow in a tough fixture.

Are you Boris in disguise?

We're going to have a world- beating pass and move programme.
  • cfgs said:
    But defibs aren't magic they don't restart a fully arrested heart, they stop and restart a severely irregular heartbeat, which can be the last stage before full arrest. Cpr training is just as important, there is nothing worse than waiting for an ambulance and hearing the words "No shock advised", every two minutes whilst nobody else feels confident or willing to help on the compressions.
    They need to teach CPR and the heimlich manoeuvre(for choking) at schools. Not difficult and can save a life.

I've said it for years that first aid should be on the national curriculum at schools. Once you learn how to do CPR, you don't forget (a bit like riding a bike, and there's room on the school calendar for cycling proficiency ffs), even though hopefully you will never need it.

Have a great day.
    And you darling :p
  • João Cancelo has tested positive for covid-19 and has been replaced by Diogo Dalot in the Portugal squad
  • João Cancelo has tested positive for covid-19 and has been replaced by Diogo Dalot in the Portugal squad
    Surprised the squad dont have to isolate
  • Sponsored links:

• Belgium having a remarkable issue with eye socket injuries arent they

First de Bruyne in the Champions League Final, now Timothy Castagne is out of the Euros

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57460381
  • cfgs said:
    You can't foresee those kind of things.
    Basil Brush stars in his own online sketch show - News - British Comedy  Guide
  • Just realised one of the quarter finals in being played in Baku... joy
  • Have they all been on the nose bags in this studio, all keep touching their hooters 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Supporting North Macedonia in this, frequently visit the Salonika Battlefields just over the Greek border around Lake  Doiran and the Struma Valley, they are lovely people and love their football, Skjope is a great party city as well. 
    went to that region when i was a teenager. (a crap version of travelling during a gap year - it wasn't a gap year, i was just unemployed.) Had no money but the people in the Balkans were so nice and put themselves out to make sure i had somewhere to stay. And yeah, they love their football. 
  • Have they all been on the nose bags in this studio, all keep touching their hooters 
    Hayfever 

• Was supposed to be at this game!

Not a fan of teams unnecessarily wearing their away kit in a major tournament, it’s rife at this Euros
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck North Macedonia, it's a shame that east, West and south Macedonia didn't join up with you  :/
  • Good luck North Macedonia, it's a shame that east, West and south Macedonia didn't join up with you  :/
    (bit of so called beer mat history from someone who failed at history) It was only recently that they changed their name to North Macedonia rather than just Macedonia. This is due to an ancient area of Greece which was known and was controlled by people known as the Macedonians. in parts of north Greece they actually refer to themselves as Macedonians. 

I could go on but Austria just scored and tbh i don't know a huge amount about it. 
    (bit of so called beer mat history from someone who failed at history) It was only recently that they changed their name to North Macedonia rather than just Macedonia. This is due to an ancient area of Greece which was known and was controlled by people known as the Macedonians. in parts of north Greece they actually refer to themselves as Macedonians. 

I could go on but Austria just scored and tbh i don't know a huge amount about it. 
    I think people are so keen to be known as “Macedonians” so they can claim heritage from Alexander the Great, who came from that region.
  • edited June 2021
    se9addick said:
    Good luck North Macedonia, it's a shame that east, West and south Macedonia didn't join up with you  :/

I think people are so keen to be known as “Macedonians” so they can claim heritage from Alexander the Great, who came from that region.
    ahh, i do know that as well. which is another reason why the Greeks were against them having that name. 
  • the most confusing thing is that they are abbreviated to MKD on ITV. Maybe its obvious but i'm trying to work out where they came to that abbreviation? 
  • Milton Keynes dons 
  • the most confusing thing is that they are abbreviated to MKD on ITV. Maybe its obvious but i'm trying to work out where they came to that abbreviation? 
    “MaKeDonia” is how it’s pronounced/written
  • Great moment that for Pandev, get in!
  • What a horrible moment for the Austria defence