Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• If Erickson is confirmed to be stabilised I see no problem with this.
  • Rothko said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Danish have just tweeted the game is going ahead tonight! I feel so sorry for all those players that have to go back out and play that game. They should all be sent home and told to be with their families.
    Players where asked, seems they are ok now they know he’s in safe hands in hospital 
    The mental health of the other players is paramount and I am sorry but shock works in many ways and in my opinion it shouldn't be allowed to carry on tonight. Full respect for them to agreeing to it, but they should be being looked after.
  • If Erickson is confirmed to be stabilised I see no problem with this.
    If the players want to then I've got no problem, only issue I had was if UEFA enforced it.

I suppose you could ask whats better, play it now and get it out the way, or stew on it for 24-hours and have to come back tomorrow.
  • edited June 2021
    The cardiologist who treated Muamba is speaking on BBC news - very informative.

Recommends we learn CPR!
  • AndyG said:
    I have pretty much zero medical knowledge but total respect for those people that do. To witness such disturbing scenes I was totally at a loss with myself just watching it. Those people that seem to have brought Christian back to consciousness are total miracle workers imo. Imagine going home after work knowing that you had done that ! Please God he pulls through xx
    Everyone can learn how to do CPR - it can be a lifesaver. 
    Knowing where the nearest defibrillator is, is also important.
    The golfer Bernard Gallacher survived his cardiac arrest thanks to a defib - they need to be in public venues.
    A lot of public places have them, supermarkets, shopping centres etc. The company I used to work for had one in the office also
    One of the sites i visit had the Defib taken away by the management company because they didn't want responsibility for any litigation for its wrong use.
    Can't have litigation against non-professionals if they do something wrong medically when trying to help someone in a medical emergency. The public are protected in law from legal or civil prosecution.

• The gold standard for cpr is is to start within 4 minutes of cessation of breathing, you need a defib and about 8 trained people. So every person that learns cpr to whatever standard is another potential lifesaver.

Doing cpr isn't easy or anything like they portray on television but it is done to try and help the casualty, but also to help their loved ones.
  • This is great news. There's no way it would go ahead if there was any chance of a bad outcome. 
  • Unbelievable really. I can’t believe it won’t still be affecting all of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    When I managed a youth team a couple of seasons ago, I knew we had one available to us for home games and somebody who knew how to use it. I didn't and don't. I always assumed they were available at away games but I never asked. Away managers never asked me either. Thinking back, not sure not knowing this was acceptable and whether they are available at all games or not. I assumed they were. If not that ought to be something that changes as of now. 
    I do think that, but maybe they're the sort of group where it's galvanised them and they want to go out and get a win for Eriksen. 
  • edited June 2021
    Unbelievable bravery if the Danish reports about Kjaer’s immediate actions are true.
    I may have missed this so not sure what you’re referring to - care to elaborate?
  • Sky have announced that "at the request of both teams they wish to resume the game", or very similar.  Like f*** they have.
    These players are only human and must be sickened like everybody else.
    It's all about money.
    Absolutely sickening.
  • DRAddick said:
    AndyG said:
    I have pretty much zero medical knowledge but total respect for those people that do. To witness such disturbing scenes I was totally at a loss with myself just watching it. Those people that seem to have brought Christian back to consciousness are total miracle workers imo. Imagine going home after work knowing that you had done that ! Please God he pulls through xx
    Everyone can learn how to do CPR - it can be a lifesaver. 
    Knowing where the nearest defibrillator is, is also important.
    The golfer Bernard Gallacher survived his cardiac arrest thanks to a defib - they need to be in public venues.
    A lot of public places have them, supermarkets, shopping centres etc. The company I used to work for had one in the office also
    One of the sites i visit had the Defib taken away by the management company because they didn't want responsibility for any litigation for its wrong use.
    Can't have litigation against non-professionals if they do something wrong medically when trying to help someone in a medical emergency. The public are protected in law from legal or civil prosecution.

That's good to know.
    It only came to light when a member of the public had a suspected heart attack and the Ambulance controller told me to get it ready as the Ambulance was stuck in traffic. It was quite embarassing  to tell them i could'nt find it.
  • Unbelievable bravery if the Danish reports about Kjaer’s immediate actions are true.
    I may have missed this so not sure what you’re referring to - care to elaborate?
    He was first to him. Stopped him swallowing his tongue and started CPR before the medics arrived.
  • cfgs said:
    The gold standard for cpr is is to start within 4 minutes of cessation of breathing, you need a defib and about 8 trained people. So every person that learns cpr to whatever standard is another potential lifesaver.

Doing cpr isn't easy or anything like they portray on television but it is done to try and help the casualty, but also to help their loved ones.
    Have been present several times when CPR is done in hospital - always quite scary. Rapid action certainly helps.

I remember doing the training being told that broken ribs might be an issue...
    I do think that, but maybe they're the sort of group where it's galvanised them and they want to go out and get a win for Eriksen. 
    The Danes will be mega up for it, for 50 minutes they'll be completely focussed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What channel?
    The Danes will be mega up for it, for 50 minutes they'll be completely focussed. 
    Must be a huge sense of relief he's okay. The adrenaline will be firing...
  • Sky have announced that "at the request of both teams they wish to resume the game", or very similar.  Like f*** they have.
    It's all about money.
    Absolutely sickening.
    UEFA's rules state a game has to be played by the next day if it cant be originally completed

Cant see why it would be UEFA demanding that the game be played tonight if that rule was in place.
  • edited June 2021
    Sky have announced that "at the request of both teams they wish to resume the game", or very similar.  Like f*** they have.
    It's all about money.
    Absolutely sickening.
    I don't think that is necessarily the case. I doubt this decision has been made about money. It is more likely Erikson has asked them to play it. I think if it was any of us, it would probably what we would ask isn't it? He hasn't died and probably doesn't wish everybody to treat it as if he has.
  • robroy said:
    What channel?
    BBC Red Button if anything I imagine
  • Maybe all persons running amateur football teams should officially be required to know how to do CPR and use a defibrillator.
    Also could possibly be a ‘requirement’ for referees.
  • BBC about to cut back on BBC One
  • Currently watching both teams warm up ready to restart and at least 2 Denmark players are still in tears, if this was the players decision then clearly not all of them wanted to play on.
  • Maybe all persons running amateur football teams should officially be required to know how to do CPR and use a defibrillator.
    Also could possibly be a ‘requirement’ for referees.
    The more people who learn CPR and the more defibs there are the better.