Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2021
  • Surely can't expect the Denmark players to play
    I'm sure UEFA will just ask Denmark what they want to do going forward. 
  • edited June 2021
    Part of me wouldnt be surprised if Denmark and Finland decide to call it a draw, if they're allowed.

Gives both teams the allowance to prepare a few extra days before returning to competitive football

Means Denmark dont harshly lose 3-0 (the scoreline for being unable to play any re-arranged game)
  • Somewhat surprised they have not already called the match. None of the players will be in the right mind to play after this. I'm not even in the mind to watch matches for the rest of the day after seeing that on the TV. I am off to take a walk and see a friend.
  • edited June 2021
    Edited,
    Misinterpreted 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    WSS said:
    Lots of people saying how horrific the coverage was. And I agree.

But it is a unique situation and if it really distresses you that much then you have the ultimate power. Turn it off. Be respectful.

Continuing to watch and commentate yourself across social media is just as vile.
    We changed the channel and flicked back to see if the game had continued or been cancelled only to see a close up of a guy bouncing up and down over Eriksen as his wife cried into Schmeichal's arms. 

Fact is we turned it off as the kids were watching when the CPR began and it was still on about 7 mins later.

We then kept the TV off and I was googling to see if the player had survived when I saw the Wiki update.

My only other source has been on here.
  • I hadn't realised what had happened at first, then saw CPR happening and feared the worst...it was distressing watching that. Glad to see the initial reports are that he is stable, looks like the swift medical attention may have saved him, hope he pulls through
  • As Nathan Muller has put on twitter... Shame they didnt act as quickly as they can when a streaker runs on the pitch.
    Yeah fellas life just been saved so let's dig the people who helped him out. 
    I think he was referring to camera coverage rather than the medics.
  • edited June 2021
  • BBC/local cameraman who cut from Eriksen getting CPR to his crying wife needs to be fired, proper sensationalist, tabloid style stuff. 

The reports of him being stabilised are so encouraging
  • Surely can't expect the Denmark players to play
    Even if I was a Finnish player I wouldn’t want to play. But probably a formality at this point 
    Think if a game abandoned for any reason the rule is that they play from same minute of match 24hrs later.

• I have pretty much zero medical knowledge but total respect for those people that do. To witness such disturbing scenes I was totally at a loss with myself just watching it. Those people that seem to have brought Christian back to consciousness are total miracle workers imo. Imagine going home after work knowing that you had done that ! Please God he pulls through xx
  • However grim the events of tonight have been (I wasn't watching at the time) a decision does have to be made about what to do with the match, and when/if it is to be resumed/replayed. It's not as if they can just have a few days to think about it, Finland's next match is on Wednesday, and Denmark's on Thursday.
  • Sponsored links:

• My understanding of stable is that his vital signs are within normal limits. Hope that is correct in his case. 
  • However grim the events of tonight have been (I wasn't watching at the time) a decision does have to be made about what to do with the match, and when/if it is to be resumed/replayed. It's not as if they can just have a few days to think about it, Finland's next match is on Wednesday, and Denmark's on Thursday.
    https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/0269-126056345f3d-cbd4b7ed8458-1000--euro-rules-you-might-not-know/

If a match cannot start or cannot be played in full, it is, as a rule, played or completed on the next day, if possible at the same venue. A match that was abandoned is continued from the minute at which it was interrupted (with the same scoreline, and with the ball in the same spot). Teams are allowed to change players for the rescheduled or resumed game (from those within their finals squad) with these exceptions:
  • AndyG said:
    I have pretty much zero medical knowledge but total respect for those people that do. To witness such disturbing scenes I was totally at a loss with myself just watching it. Those people that seem to have brought Christian back to consciousness are total miracle workers imo. Imagine going home after work knowing that you had done that ! Please God he pulls through xx
    Everyone can learn how to do CPR - it can be a lifesaver. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFzfwLM72c
  • Everyone should learn CPR, hopefully you will never use it.
  • WSS said:
    Lots of people saying how horrific the coverage was. And I agree.

But it is a unique situation and if it really distresses you that much then you have the ultimate power. Turn it off. Be respectful.

Continuing to watch and commentate yourself across social media is just as vile.
    I do hope the early reports are correct. 

Commenting on the diabolical coverage is our prerogative .  I’m sure most of us do critical incident training - and almost all of us will be paid a lot less than Lineker et al and I hope we’d all provide a little more comfort than they did . 

• AndyG said:
    I have pretty much zero medical knowledge but total respect for those people that do. To witness such disturbing scenes I was totally at a loss with myself just watching it. Those people that seem to have brought Christian back to consciousness are total miracle workers imo. Imagine going home after work knowing that you had done that ! Please God he pulls through xx
    Everyone can learn how to do CPR - it can be a lifesaver. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFzfwLM72c
    Wasnt sure why you posted that, but (and for anyone else unsure) my wife has reminded me that the beat to this song is how you perform CPR
  • Good news from Copenhagen, and as for the BBC, they were out pretty quickly once they knew the full situation, and I thought they handled it well in studio. As for UEFAs broadcast team, it’s hard, where do you focus, you can’t just cut the stream