Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2021
  • I suspect the Finnish team will also be suffering too. I feel a bit traumatised and I’m sat on my sofa miles away.
    me too, I popped to the local for a pint. 
  • Maybe all persons running amateur football teams should officially be required to know how to do CPR and use a defibrillator.
    Also could possibly be a ‘requirement’ for referees.
    I think have somebody who can before a match can be played, whoever that person is. Also have a drill as it may be a minute away or so from the pitch so for example get a couple of players to run and get it. Take any potential confusion out of it.
  • WSS said:
    Unbelievable bravery if the Danish reports about Kjaer’s immediate actions are true.
    I may have missed this so not sure what you’re referring to - care to elaborate?
    He was first to him. Stopped him swallowing his tongue and started CPR before the medics arrived.
    Unbelievable bravery if the Danish reports about Kjaer’s immediate actions are true.
    I may have missed this so not sure what you’re referring to - care to elaborate?
    He was also first to conduct CPR
    Thanks both for the explanation. 
    I’m following from afar and don’t have pictures, so I’ve missed some of the details. 
  • Currently watching both teams warm up ready to restart and at least 2 Denmark players are still in tears, if this was the players decision then clearly not all of them wanted to play on.
    Everyone will pull together. 
  • This has to be suspended until tomorrow. They can’t make them play now. Mad.
  • Sponsored links:

Its already back in progress
  • Lineker/BBC apologizing on Twitter for the coverage, pointing to out that it's host footage and out of their control but acknowledging it should not have been aired.
  • thenewbie said:
    Lineker/BBC apologizing on Twitter for the coverage, pointing to out that it's host footage and out of their control but acknowledging it should not have been aired.
    Only thing I'll say about that is I cant understand why the BBC couldnt just go back to the studio

Its done now though so hope they both just learn from it
  • Not sure if I should put this here, particularly at this time, but read this on MyLondon website earlier:

As many as 20,000 Scottish football fans could be travelling to London for next week’s Euro 2020 match against England and large numbers don’t have a place to safely watch the game, Scotland supporters have warned.

Fans have called for the Scottish government to support the creation of a safe fanzone in London for the Tartan Army, in letters to members of the Scottish parliament, seen by My London.

Sven Lister, a member of the Rosyth Tartan Army supporters club, is travelling down with 11 friends, 4 of whom don’t have a ticket for the game.

He believes there could be trouble if fans are unable to watch the match, currently there are no plans from London’s authorities to facilitate a large number of Scotland fans.

“I reckon there will be about 20,000 or so turning out. I mean, all the trains are fully booked from Thursday all the way through to midday on Friday,” said Sven.

“It just worries me that they've not done anything. There's going to be groups wandering, possibly not getting to see the football, which would cause trouble.

“[Not being able to see the game] would annoy people, I know that for a fact.”

Am I turning into an even more MOG by thinking that, if you can't attend the game, and don't have a ticket, stay at home ?

Agree, why are they even going, and then to threaten there will be trouble if they can’t find somewhere to watch it is incredibly crass!
    Its already back in progress
    Thing is the players probably feel that they can't do anything to help, so they just sit around anxiously waiting. By playing they keep their minds occupied for a bit and stop thinking about nearly losing their team mate and friend.
  • lol! That makes me laugh in a good way

If Eriksen has said that then its like he's recovering from manflu rather than anything serious
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    Maybe people will appreciate what hospital workers and care workers have to deal with on a regular basis in terms of dealing with emotional stuff.
    Well said. I am not in the medical field and had tears in my eyes. I can't imagine losing a patient who you have built a rapport with over and over. Massive respect to all Medical care workers an first responders.

I'm really impressed at how the players and crowd have pulled together. It's a huge emotional experience and they will all grow from it regardless of how the game finishes.

Life is f***ing tough sometimes and we should just be happy he survived.
  • Taylor Twellman got pulled from the ESPN studio coverage for speculating about Eriksen’s condition.
  • Taylor Twellman got pulled from the ESPN studio coverage for speculating about Eriksen’s condition.
    Were his comments a bit tasteless then?
    Whose saying they were ‘made’ to?
    I suspect it was put to the vote in both dressing rooms once it was established Christian was out of danger.
  • Game to be continued tonight at 7.30! GMT
    An absolute disgrace.
  • My word. Keowns comments on what happened are quite insulting. 
  • Game to be continued tonight at 7.30! GMT
    An absolute disgrace.
    They're playing because Eriksen asked them to
  • 1StevieG said:
    My word. Keowns comments on what happened are quite insulting. 
    What comments?
  • Finland lead...
  • edited June 2021
    There are higher forces in play or something. No mate they’re called doctors.