Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Forgot that Leroy Sane existed after leaving Man City

Has he done much at Bayern? 
    Won the Bundesliga, European Super Cup & FIFA World Club Cup.
  • Griezmann looks like he works in a bar in Shoreditch
    Lets see a picture of your good self then…

No. Now get back behind the jump and serve the city workers and hipsters before your boss sees you on your phone.
    Don’t avoid the question…

• se9addick said:
    Forgot that Leroy Sane existed after leaving Man City

The first is a given how they dominate the Bundesliga

Has he been a key figure for Bayern though or squad player?

No. Now get back behind the jump and serve the city workers and hipsters before your boss sees you on your phone.

Edited post...scroll up and you'll see a recent one.  Not my best.
  • edited June 2021
    Hope the Germans score here, Pogba and co winding me up a bit..!
  • se9addick said:
    Forgot that Leroy Sane existed after leaving Man City

Yeah, but apart from that???
  • edited June 2021
    For most neutrals and probably actual fans they might find this match up interesting. For me though, as i cant stand either side its like watching Man u v Arsenal. i don't care what the result is. I just hope there is a massive brawl. 
    to elaborate.. 

What I hope should happen is that in the 90th minute a tackle by Muller in a Cantona standard towards a palace twat/fan on Kante. The ref steps in and is in between Mullar and the french folk of Pogaba, Raboit and Griezmann who are all doing a lot of dancing and gesticulating. Mullar is laughing at their antics. Only problem is Lloris has run 40 yards and dived fist first into Mullar face. This causes Kroos, Hummles and Rudiger to get involved. All hell breaks lose with old Low and Duchamps having it out on the touchline. Fortunately Stuart Pearce for some unknown reason was in the stadium. He comes down from the stands and calmed things down suggesting maybe a pizza hut takeaway (as he and southgate have lifetime supplies) for all with a bottle of coke as a well. The president of UEFA (who knows who it is but no doubt some nasty money grabbing prick) says that because of Stewart Pearce's heroics and calming nature, England get a bye to the final and both France and Germany are disqualified. Unfortunately we lose to North Macedonia who also got a bye in a later incident involving drones.

Still, second place lads. cant grumble. 

• Gotta say I’ve really enjoyed this. Germany have been better than i thought. Think they’ll trouble Portugal. 
  • That looked offside but no flag?
  • Sponsored links:

• That looked offside but no flag?
    Looked Premier League offside to me
  • Yeah France are a bit good.

Im strangely more relaxed about England cos whatever happens we would have to come up against France to win this thing in my eyes - and we ain’t beating that lot.
  • So why didn't the lino raise his flag that time then 
  • I miss the VAR offside lines, ridiculous that the TV viewer doesn’t see why a decision was made
  • If we have to face France I really hope that we have the Kyle Walker that plays for Man City rather than the one that faced Croatia.

Think he's the only one who could keep up with Mbappe
  • Mbappe is so rapid, needs to start half a yard further back, will still get away.
  • So why didn't the lino raise his flag that time then 
    Raised flag on the first one because he thought it was offside.

Didn't raise flag on the second one because he thought it was onside.

Edited post...scroll up and you'll see a recent one.  Not my best.
    Fanny magnet 🧲 
  • edited June 2021
    I miss the VAR offside lines, ridiculous that the TV viewer doesn’t see why a decision was made
    Wasnt as tight as I thought upon seeing the lines

This game is like the Final itself
  • I miss the VAR offside lines, ridiculous that the TV viewer doesn’t see why a decision was made
    It’s because it’s automatic now they’re using hawk eye. So much quicker. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Germany have come back into it a bit but they lack verve and feel a bit like yesterday’s men. The French have been content to sit back and hit them on the break, as they’ve done a couple of times with the disallowed goals. 

They look to have another gear and are certainly a team we want to avoid in the last 16. 

• Frances bench is crazy, would give any side a good game.
  • Yeah France are a bit good.

Im strangely more relaxed about England cos whatever happens we would have to come up against France to win this thing in my eyes - and we ain’t beating that lot.
    One off game, you never know you're luck - France were miles better than Portugal in 2016, for example, Greece beat Portugal in 2004.

They have looked good though - they've got quality all over the pitch.
  • You’re going to have to beat France in the knock outs if you want to win this.
  • Rothko said:
    You’re going to have to beat France in the knock outs if you want to win this.
    Even then that might not be enough as if you meet them before the Final you risk burning out as a team due to the effort that will be required. 
  • Germany have had a lot of the ball but France look really solid. 

That counter attack is so hard to defend too.
  • Portugal will have to play a lot better than they did earlier if they are to beat Germany imo 
  • I know some of you may think I have an irrational dislike of Clive Tyldesley, the cushion faced prick, but I’ve been paying close attention in the last few minutes to what he actually says during the game.
    For the last fifteen minutes or so, he hasn’t done any real commentating - you know, the old “Griezmann…Mbappe…to Kante…” sort of thing. He actually doesn’t do the job he’s paid to do. All he does is make banal, dim witted or spiteful comments to try to make his co-commentator laugh. He’s like a bloke who’s come into your house and keeps piping up with shit jokes while you’re trying to focus on the game. Drives me mad.
    He’s an utter prick. (With a face like a cushion).
    Nothing irrational about it. He is, and always has been, awful. Still, better than all those token females eh @Red_in_SE8