Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• De Bruyne is just a phenomenal player. In a way its a shame he's playing at the same time as Ronaldo and Messi as they will always overshadow him.
  • The reason I still feel Italy will win this Tournament is they have the best defence and can attack in numbers. Great to watch Belgium and the Dutch going forward but neither have good enough defences.

• Belgium are so impressive going forward but I'd feel very confident that England would beat them. Denmark have got at them with ease and if they had a Harry Kane they'd have won this.
  • This was a cracking match and the Danes have played so well but Class has won the match.
  • Considering goal difference might make a difference, sending Schmeichel up was daft.
  • Belgium are like Charlton trying to defend a one goal lead at the end of the game
  • Feel so bad for Denmark. Could've had at least a point there if they weren't so wasteful.

They would've beaten Finland under normal circumstances I'm sure. Tough to take for them.
  • Can imagine seeing Tyldsley popping up in a cuckold video at some point.  Sitting there quipping in delight "Can you see the size of it Ali?!!  Look at that movement! What a finish, what a marvellous finish!!!"
    Snatch of the Day
  • Laddick01 said:
    Feel so bad for Denmark. Could've had at least a point there if they weren't so wasteful.

They would've beaten Finland under normal circumstances I'm sure. Tough to take for them.
    Hopefully they thrash Russia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can imagine seeing Tyldsley popping up in a cuckold video at some point.  Sitting there quipping in delight "Can you see the size of it Ali?!!  Look at that movement! What a finish, what a marvellous finish!!!"
    Snatch of the Day

Brilliant
  • Was Lakaku offside from the initial pass? Certainly looked it in real time and there's not been a replay
    Just shown it, well on side.
    Second goalnot first. They didn't freeze frame it, but he's nordeine at best. Appears to be no interest from the director at even looking at it.
  • I have seen some great players in my 73 years but I am going to have to say I have never seen a greater one that Kevin De Bruyne
  • I still fancy Denmark to qualify in second. They should beat Russia and Belgium should beat Finland.
  • Barring Finland getting something from Belgium, Denmark will come second by beating Russia. Looking at how it is shaping up with England, it is looking like finishing second in our group could be the best outcome in terms of opening things up! That would represent playing who comes second in the Spain, Sweden, Slovakia, Poland Group! I think. 

Ideally Cech Rebublic will beat Croatia and be ahead of us on goal difference and we play out a draw with them!
  • Barring Finland getting something from Belgium, Denmark will come second by beating Russia. Looking at how it is shaping up with England, it is looking like finishing second in our group could be the best outcome in terms of opening things up! That would represent playing who comes second in the Spain, Sweden, Slovakia, Poland Group! I think. 

Ideally Cech Rebublic will beat Croatia and be ahead of us on goal difference and we play out a draw with them!
    Dont forget that Slovakia currently lead that Group so if we come second we could end up facing Spain
  • Was Lakaku offside from the initial pass? Certainly looked it in real time and there's not been a replay
    Second goalnot first. They didn't freeze frame it, but he's nordeine at best. Appears to be no interest from the director at even looking at it.
    First thing I said was he’s off. It was all one phase of play as well.

Dont forget that Slovakia currently lead that Group so if we come second we could end up facing Spain
    Yes, we still have to use the word 'could' but I fancy Spain to top that group, I am just looking where the 'opening up could occur' and I think that is a possibility. I certainly think if we beat Scotland tomorrow, It could be tempting to play our weakest team possible against the Czechs. Having said that, we will probably still win.
  • Why is it nearly every team have played in a kit all of the same colour? Other than when Austria played their first game with different colour shirt & shorts.
  • edited June 2021
    Was Lakaku offside from the initial pass? Certainly looked it in real time and there's not been a replay
    First thing I said was he’s off. It was all one phase of play as well.

Just spent the last 10 minutes going back and freezing the action when the ball was on the guys foot, Lukaku was definitely onside. By the time the ball reached him he was well clear like all good strikers. Lukaku was brilliant when the "stars"came on.

• Sponsored links:

• Great use of VAR again. Ref checks it, easy penalty.
  • The first decent penalty since Ronaldo.
  • Jonathan Pearce on commission from World Soccer Magazine
  • So great seeing fans in stadiums 
    Know a lot about those sorts of videos eh?
  • Macauley Bonne would have been slaughtered for weeks on here for that Depay miss
  • Macauley Bonne would have been slaughtered for weeks on here for that Depay miss
    And rightfully so, it was shocking
  • edited June 2021
    No one has slagged the commentator off ?
    JP is a lot quieter that his early radio days.

Not if was on the back of winning the league for Lyon and pending a move to Barcelona.
  • No one has slagged the commentator off ?
    JP is a lot quieter that his early radio days.
    Radio commentary is lot different 

Pearce got a lot of criticism when he first did tv