Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Another penalty miss
  • Wow, fifth penalty and only one scored.
  • Definitely a penalty.
  • Another boring 3 goal game between two nothing teams... dont know why i bother ... 
  • Blind has still had issues after it being fitted. The risk cannot be eradicated and Eriksen has to deal with the psychological impact.
    Speaking as someone who had a ICD fitted in 2009  it's remarkable that Blind plays on, and hopefully Eriksson will play on also, the CPR is vital so blood flow to the brain is maintained and reduces any impairment on them. Personally I'm on my second one now and you need to be very careful in the early days as the wiring to the heart takes time to settle. 
  • Come on! Really want the Danes to do well here.
  • Belgium on the ropes a bit here.
  • Game on
  • Bloody hell Denmark out the blocks quick, score in 2 mins due to mistake then a couple chances already. Game on, would be nice to see them get something here
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Tyldesley is fucking insufferable. 

Turn the sound down If he upsets you.

Superb start by Denmark, who have hit top gear and are playing a fast tempo.
  • Croydon said:
    I think he's good. I don't really notice him, which I feel is a good sign.
  • Ukraine game was very good & this game has started like a cracker.
  • Will Belguim have the ball in the 10th minute to kick it out ?
  • The Belgians really were rethinking that 10 minute gesture there.
  • One of those games where denmark will need to take some of these chances or they’ll end up losing 
  • Belgium been very poor so far, Denmark have looked like scoring almost every time they attack.
  • Croydon said:

Turn the sound down If he upsets you.

Superb start by Denmark, who have hit top gear and are playing a fast tempo.
    Don't want to miss out on the noise of a packed, mask free stadium. 

All Denmark still though. Bit more composure in the final third, and they could have had 2-3 at this rate. 
  • Blind has still had issues after it being fitted. The risk cannot be eradicated and Eriksen has to deal with the psychological impact.
    Speaking as someone who had a ICD fitted in 2009  it's remarkable that Blind plays on, and hopefully Eriksson will play on also, the CPR is vital so blood flow to the brain is maintained and reduces any impairment on them. Personally I'm on my second one now and you need to be very careful in the early days as the wiring to the heart takes time to settle. 
    I'm amazed that Blind has continued to play on. To play top level sport with an ICD fitted seems incredible.

I hope yours has been working well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    I’m sure he turns up to each game with about 20 contrived lines/phrases that he’s mapped out to deliver as if he’s on stage at the Palladium or something. 
  • I actually think so far, ITV commentators have been much better than BBC. They always seem to do the job seamless (without noticing much) or the other day in particular they had me laughing alot
  • Croydon said:
    Agreed. He really isn’t that bad at all.
  • Isn't it great to know that it's not mandatory to make 50 passes before putting the ball in the box from an advanced position.

The Danes level will dip and surely Belguim will work their way back into it.
    I'm amazed that Blind has continued to play on. To play top level sport with an ICD fitted seems incredible.

I hope yours has been working well.
    Thank you,  wonderful NHS,  apologies everyone to waffle.
  • edited June 2021
    Croydon said:
    Liked that, but IMHO it deserves a promote.
  • Am I wrong in looking at the current score as Thomas 1 Roland 0 and very much hoping Thomas wins this?
  • Croydon said:
    I find him sanctimonious and preachy, with a regular ability to point out the obvious and treat HIS audience, as he probably sees it, like they would never have noticed without his brilliance.
  • edited June 2021
    Belgium are looking 4 players short:
    De Bruyne, a sharp E.Hazard, Witsel and  Trossard.
  • cfgs said:
    Croydon said:
    I find him sanctimonious and preachy, with a regular ability to point out the obvious and treat HIS audience, as he probably sees it, like they would never have noticed without his brilliance.

You may not realize but there are some people who only watch Euro's and WC's so it's not just Geeks like us/me who watch 250 games a season. 

I have no problem with any of the commentators.