Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Blind has still had issues after it being fitted. The risk cannot be eradicated and Eriksen has to deal with the psychological impact.
  • Looks like Italy and France should play in their own competition and leave the rest to fight it out for second  place. 

Would save a lot of time watching very average football. 
    You’ve never watched a major tournament before have you?
    Or many Charlton games either I’d expect. 
  • Looks like Harry Maguire is well ahead of schedule. All 26 trained today.
    Great news... Give him and Henderson minutes against the Czech Republic ready for the KO rounds

Dont fancy risking each other in what could be a feisty game against the Scots
  • edited June 2021

I think Holland's Daley Blind may have the same thing and still plays (in this tournament even) 

EDIT posted before seeing your subsequent post
  • edited June 2021
    Looks like Harry Maguire is well ahead of schedule. All 26 trained today.
    Excellent news. 
    I still don't expect him to start against Scotland but providing we win and qualify he may well get a game against the check Czech republic 
  • Did they use VAR to overrule an offside and give a corner? Either way Ukraine score 1-0
    Excellent news. 
    I still don't expect him to start against Scotland but providing we win and qualify he may well get a game against the check Czech republic 
    Might get a few minutes if we're comfortable enough against the Scots just to ease him back in but the Czech game will definitely be a better option if he's going to play for any substantial period.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    deserved lead too
  • Any of those without a match ticket should not have been allowed to board the train in Scotland. 
    I can't believe it would have been that hard to police. 
  • Its amazing how confident Zinchenko is for Ukraine. I wonder how much it'd take for someone to buy him from City and play him in Midfield?
  • Any of those without a match ticket should not have been allowed to board the train in Scotland. 
    I expect many of them wont have a ticket and I also expect more will turn up throughout the day and tomorrow.
  • Well played the ref! 
    I expect many of them wont have a ticket and I also expect more will turn up throughout the day and tomorrow.
    Yes I expect you are correct. 
    But with all the rules regarding corona that we have to abide with I think it's wrong to allow this to happen. 
    Yes I expect you are correct. 
    But with all the rules regarding corona that we have to abide with I think it's wrong to allow this to happen. 
    Little Jimmy Krankie would be doing her nut in if it was the other way round.
  • cafctom said:
    Looks like Italy and France should play in their own competition and leave the rest to fight it out for second  place. 

Or many football games
  • cafctom said:
    Looks like Italy and France should play in their own competition and leave the rest to fight it out for second  place. 

Admittedly, I've never watched many Charlton games in a major international tournament but if I had it would probably have been significantly less boring than Spain v Sweden.

Not sure why my humble opinion that this competition has been a bit lacklustre compared to previous ones, provokes such vitriol. 

Thanks for your concern and apparent intimate knowledge of my football spectating CV, in any case. 

Being patronised on CL is a rare privilege.

• Sponsored links:

• Some terrible play acting in this.
    Any of those without a match ticket should not have been allowed to board the train in Scotland. 
    Heavy rain forecast tomorrow if they are going to be hanging out at Trafalgar Square etc
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2634549
  • Ukraine play entertaining games dont they
  • I hope the referee trained for this game by refereeing some 6 year olds playing in the school playground, to prepare him for some of the antics this afternoon!
    Any of those without a match ticket should not have been allowed to board the train in Scotland. 
    Heavy rain forecast tomorrow if they are going to be hanging out at Trafalgar Square etc
    Shame
    Those Scots don’t like a bit of bad weather….
  • Macedonia look knackered. Got the goal, had another 3-4 mins of pressure and since then look tired.
  • I hope the referee trained for this game by refereeing some 6 year olds playing in the school playground, to prepare him for some of the antics this afternoon!
    By refereeing in CONMEBOL that's basically what he did. :-)
  • That shouldn't be a penalty based on the new VAR rules. Referee has messed one up there IMO.
  • The var system applied here is so much better than in the Prem. Surely they've got to look at this...thinking for 2 years time when it could directly affect us 😉