Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

Comments

• edited May 2013

my all time top stadup jerey sadowitz "how do you get 50 pakistanis into a datsun cherry.... fuck knows but they do" offensive or not?

Not, the French have plenty of jokes about the English, doesn't offend me one iota. As long as it isn't callous crack on imo
  • One of Jim's great Charlton jokes from the Community Trust gig:

"I remember in the 70s when I used to climb over the wall at the matches, anyone else remember doing that? But there was always someone on the other side trying to throw me back in the fuckin place!"
  • Speaking as someone who should be burnt and turned into cat litter, I wonder how many people who find JDs humour offensive don't pull up their old nan when she talks about the darkies and the pakis? (or possibly worse expressions than that).
  • Where's stonewallpenaly? Davidson in, Powell out!
  • Speaking as someone who should be burnt and turned into cat litter, I wonder how many people who find JDs humour offensive don't pull up their old nan when she talks about the darkies and the pakis? (or possibly worse expressions than that).

Wouldnt let my cat piss on you if you were of fire ; )

Wont pull up my old nan - we buried her in the early 60's, can't be much left of her now.
  • I'm offended.

Not sure what by yet, I'm new to this taking offence lark.

It'll take at least a couple of years of study before I graduate with my professional offence takers diploma, but you've got to start somewhere...
  • edited May 2013
    Powell out. Davidson in as manager.
  • Jim Davidson wasn't funny in the 70s and I'm sure he's not improved with age. I just think he's a poor comedian.
  • Jim Davidson wasn't funny in the 70s and I'm sure he's not improved with age. I just think he's a poor comedian.

Comedy or comedians are definitely Marmite.

I've seen Jim Davidson a couple of times and thought he was very funny.

I would have no interest in going to see Frankie Boyle.

Do you watch only fools and horses, plenty of what would now be described as racist in some of the episodes but people still watch and still laugh.

• Sponsored links:

Well if this is "one of his great jokes" then probably not I'd say:

cafctom said:

One of Jim's great Charlton jokes from the Community Trust gig:

"I remember in the 70s when I used to climb over the wall at the matches, anyone else remember doing that? But there was always someone on the other side trying to throw me back in the fuckin place!"

• Like the guy, made some mistakes, but who hasn't? Personally I think the most offensive within this thread is the moron who linked alcoholism with cowardice. Yet he's having a go at Jim for a few unsavoury jokes? Bizarre.
  • It is going to be a long long summer on CL...
  • Its just been done to death over and over

Now where are the threads with tbe tits on

Black or white tits all the same to me so where are they
  • I think he was very good as the host to The Generation Game and Big Break. He did himself no favours appearing on Hell's Kitchen.
  • Powell out. Davidson in as manager.

Phew

Tried to do a Whose Rack Special ealier, but me dr came in
  • Why don't you get those nawty French nurses to do a CL special edition

Ask one
  • edited May 2013
    Did someone say NAUGHTY FRENCH nurse...?

Shhhhwiiinnnnng!!!!!!
  • I aint joking; there aint an ugly one amongst em
  • Sponsored links:

• Gotta be worth some upskirt snaps mate come on for queen and country

Damn right! Big ones, little perky ones, I don't care, just bring 'em on! Down with comedy, up with fun bags!

And yeah Rob, get ya camera phone out bruv ;o)
  • Get well soon, Big Rob. I'm sure those French nurses are providing an environment conducive to your recovery!
  • They all in trouser suits! I'm getting the signal from a couple of em though, think theyre up for a bit if roast beef!

Nick Nick
  • Best comedy character from the 70s was Alf Garnett - said offensive stuff but came across as an idiot. Well written and well observed.
  • I dunno Rob... all those English, going over there, taking their jobs kidneys.........

(Hope your out of hospital soon).
    ;-)
  • I dunno Rob... all those English, going over there, taking their jobs kidneys.........

(Hope your out of hospital soon).
    ;-)

It weren't free though!

Cheers MOG pal ; )
  • Off to see Jim at Stevenage in an hour. Hope Charlton gets a mention!