Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

Comments

• Newspapers like the Mail and the Sun can print anything they want, knowing that it is too expensive for anyone to defend themselves against any inaccuracies.

Meanwhile, they were hacking the phone of a murdered schoolgirl, making her parents think she was still alive because her mailbox had been deliberately emptied - so they could listen to even more heart-wrenching messages from her distraught family.

Give me Jim Davidson with his teen girlfriends and dodgy jokes every time, over that crowd of lowlife we call the media.

And I'll third it. Lot of time for Jim, always have had.
  • hawksmoor said:

Remember when Andy Todd gave Dean Kiely a black eye? I saw Jim Davidson in the Cinema Store that very day and, knowing he's a Charlton fan, I asked what he thought about it. He walked out without saying a word.

Perhaps he didn't recognise you.
  • hawksmoor said:

Remember when Andy Todd gave Dean Kiely a black eye? I saw Jim Davidson in the Cinema Store that very day and, knowing he's a Charlton fan, I asked what he thought about it. He walked out without saying a word.

Wow that was interesting NOT

• What is his best DVD to buy?.
  • What is his best DVD to buy?.

Not seen all his collection but if he's got a copy of sluts with nuts I'd buy it off him if I were you.
  • well done Jim
  • Re arrested today - more allegations.
  • I wonder if he watched that dross Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• nolly said:

I wonder if he watched that dross Saturday

He was there, in the Directors Box, close to Paul Elliott
  • we still inviting that racist along? Unbelievable.
  • So we've got racists and sex offenders sitting next to Paul Elliott and Jim Davidson?
  • edited March 2013

we still inviting that racist along? Unbelievable.

The bloke who recently donated every penny of his first gig after his arrest to the Charlton Community Fund?

A bigger Charlton fan than many of us ever will be mate and if you've ever met him, you'll know he's a good bloke.

Stay strong Fred!
  • cafctom said:

The bloke who recently donated every penny of his first gig after his arrest to the Charlton Community Fund?

A bigger Charlton fan than many of us ever will be mate and if you've ever met him, you'll know he's a good bloke.

Stay strong Fred!
    He was talking about Paul Elliot
  • must have had some intel
  • Rob62 said:

cafctom said:

Stay strong Fred!
    He was talking about Paul Elliot
    Fair enough - my apologies!

In which case, I bloody agree!
  • He's playing Maidstone Hazlitt tonight - Sold out and 6 of us going. Looking forward to it.
  • He's playing Maidstone Hazlitt tonight - Sold out and 6 of us going. Looking forward to it.

Sold out with an audience of just 6? Is that one of these new micro-theatres?
  • Sponsored links:

• Funny ;-)
  • Comedy was different in the 70s when Jim started out. You had black comedians telling the same type of jokes. It was working men's clubs humour. You had love thy neighbour on the telly! I think it is unfair to label him a racist or a sexist - he told the sort of jokes his audience wanted to hear.

I was never a fan but respected he had talent. I think he was an excellent presenter of Big Break and the Generation game later. I think some people judge comedians harshly for the times they come from.

I respect him for his talent and am not interested in his political views - he isn't a politician. I think some people are a bit precious when it comes to judging him.
  • Muttley is right.

He was bang on form last night but I think it said a lot about who he appeals to, that at the age of 27 I was one of, if not the youngest person watching.

We had a drink with him after and he spent about 30mins talking Charlton with us. He has a cracking video of his dash on to the pitch at Carlisle last year - didn't even notice him on the pitch at the time.
  • Sure that wasn't Bournemouth ?
    *joke* !
  • I like old JD
  • Comedy was different in the 70s when Jim started out. You had black comedians telling the same type of jokes. It was working men's clubs humour. You had love thy neighbour on the telly! I think it is unfair to label him a racist or a sexist - he told the sort of jokes his audience wanted to hear.

I was never a fan but respected he had talent. I think he was an excellent presenter of Big Break and the Generation game later. I think some people judge comedians harshly for the times they come from.

I respect him for his talent and am not interested in his political views - he isn't a politician. I think some people are a bit precious when it comes to judging him.

Always found him racist and sexist - a lot of comedy from the 70s is best forgotten. He doesn't appear to me to have moved on......

So what's his excuse now for racist/sexist/homophobic humour?

I wouldn't be too bothered about his political views either, except that he's been very open about his support of the Conservative party - which has included doing fund raising stuff and attending conferences etc so by definition he has strayed into the territory where he can and should expect those views to be criticised. He can't have this both ways.
  • Well yes, but I don't suppose he is bothered if you or I criticise his political views. I suspect he might be upset if we accuse him of being a racist when I'm sure he doesn't believe he is one, or judge him on the times he came from.

Look at Lenny Henry's early stuff- he told jokes what he thought people wanted to hear but I wouldn't call him a racist.

Maybe Davidson was at one point, but I look at the person he seems to me now, rather than the young man, who I never really liked. Is he telling racist jokes now? I don't know but assume he isn't. I also assume those that castigate him don't know either.

• So because Lenny Henry told racist jokes that makes it ok for others? Reverse racism isn't much of justification and I recall he got booted off a tv reality show not too long ago for being homophobic. This suggests to me that perhaps he hasn't really evolved that far since the 70s.

As for whether he tells racist jokes now, I wouldn't know, but I did find it ironic that he happily made a career out of making fun of immigrants and then took himself off to live in Dubai...
  • It's so easy to be judgmental. Often cowardly as well - different if it's said to a person's face. I've never had a problem with Jim Davidson.