Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Watch: Scott Wagstaff

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

If I were Chris Powell I would ask Green, Cook, and Kerkar what they thought of Waggys workrate, desire and will to win today, and whether thay think they can match it.

Hear hear
  • Options
    Critical month ahead for Waggy, he probably has the next 3 games to save his career at the club.
  • Options
    Mike said:

Never motm thought he was very average. Wilson and jacko were far better

Not sure Wilson was far better but do agree Wagstaff was average. I too was watching him closely and Harriot beat more men when he came on. I really think Wagstaff needs to add that to his game.

However no-one can argue with his strike-rate, and if he scored every match and played "average" then you can't really complain. Hope he keeps it up. But firstly, let's hope he keeps his place!
  • Options
    Great stuff Huskaris. It is important to watch players closely to see what they're really bringing to the game. I like Waggy a lot, he's a genuine team player and - like Wilson - works his socks off to make the most of his talent. He never hides - are you listening Danny Green?

I was delighted for him yesterday, out of the squad for so long but came back in with a storming performance and a goal.

Glad to see people on here acknowledging how well he did. Poster on Glynne's list just couldn't bring himself to do anything but slag him - but the game I watched had Waggy as a strong positive influence.

Keep up the good work (Waggy and Huskaris) :-)
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Mike said:

mrbligh said:

Wilson?!?!? I'm sorry but no chance he had a better game than waggy

no matter how many question marks you put i still said wilson
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Everyone has their opinion
    Don't take offence mrbligh, Mike is renowned for his dampening down of good vibes, he's probably still hurting from the banning of his mate Nathan as well :-(
  • Options
    Average performance or not. Waggy offered us something we haven't had this season which was a player able to get around the pitch with energy and pace. Close down the opposition very quickly and get forward and back defending as needed. He arrives in the box far more readily than any of Kerkar, Green or from what I've seen of Cook and his goal was an example of that. Until we get better than all those players I know who I would be picking.
  • Options
    Love the piece and the idea Huskaris, thank you. I was over the moon to see Waggy on the pitch. I did feel he offered more than an average performance, like Pritch, his energy and commitment were infectious, it lifted the crowd and the whole squad responded.
  • Options
    Great post Huskaris. Last week after the Huddersfield debacle I posted, What does Chris Powell see in Kerkar, and Jordan Cook, and how on earth do either of them ever get picked ahead of Scott Wagstaff.

Well today Scott proved me right. He ran his socks off. He chased players down, and ran directly at defenders, and he scored a goal. Today Scott Wagstaff done more in 45 minutes than Kerkar has done most of this season. As for Jordan Cook on what I have seen of him, he appears to be a waste of space.

Well done Scott
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

mrbligh said:

Mike said:

mrbligh said:

Wilson?!?!? I'm sorry but no chance he had a better game than waggy

no matter how many question marks you put i still said wilson
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Everyone has their opinion
    Don't take offence mrbligh, Mike is renowned for his dampening down of good vibes, he's probably still hurting from the banning of his mate Nathan as well :-(
    Why would he take offence you absolute tool I said I thought he was average I didn't call the poster a tosser

• Options
    Nice reaction! To be expected though. You trying for a ban yourself then? Lighten up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Mike said:

Lol

That's better, I was pulling your plonker not mine :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Wagstaff subbed off v Bees tonight. McCormack playing right back for Bees.
  • Options
    Back at The Valley next season in a Bristol City shirt
    promoted last night he has now been promoted twice on 14th April
  • Options

Back at The Valley next season in a Bristol City shirt
    promoted last night he has now been promoted twice on 14th April

he won't be in their side next season!
  • Options
    Could end up at Gillingham, as he comes from Maidstone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many games has he actually played in this season? Not many, I imagine, and most of those off the bench. Wish him well (especially after re-reading the Carlisle promotion win thread) but he is L1 at best.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not this shite again!

Ooohhh Ooohhh let me do it, let me do it!

Waggy or Green?

Or Gudmundsson........
  • Options
    Gudmundsson
  • Options
    Sadly only managed just under 350 minutes of football this season.

Could get a move to Parky's Bradford?
  • Options

One of my fav players of recent seasons. If all our players had his heart we would still be in the PL. Well done and good luck Scotty.

He'd be dead!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Not this shite again!

Waggy or Green?

Or Gudmundsson........

Or Rommedahl :wink:
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

sam3110 said:

Not this shite again!

Waggy or Green?

Or Gudmundsson........

Or Rommedahl :wink:
    Or Keith Gillespie
  • Options
    His clubmates gave Parkinson's men a right thumping last night. Bristol City are going to be a force to be reckoned with next season. Alas, I can't see Wagstaff being a major factor for them after this season
  • Options
    Just think, if Bob Peeters was still here, we'd be planning our next season in L1 and discussing whether or not we should re-sign him.............. :smile: