Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Watch: Scott Wagstaff

Comments

• Options
    actually ...parkinson thouight a lot of him ...bantams might be his next stop ...wed never fault his enthusiasm or his effort
  • Options
    Big fan of waggy, first teamer during quite an enjoyable time to support the club winning most weeks - even if it was league 1.

Think he would be a top player at most league 1 sides (bristol too good for that league) but championship a step too far for him unfortunately.
  • Options
    Incredible level of fitness. Would seemingly sprint for the entire game. His goal return for us was actually quite good.

Agreed that he is a League One player though.
  • Options
    Tried hard and scored the odd good goal
  • Options

His clubmates gave Parkinson's men a right thumping last night. Bristol City are going to be a force to be reckoned with next season. Alas, I can't see Wagstaff being a major factor for them after this season

really? were we when we won League 1 at a canter?

• Options
    The only ability he had was the ability to run up and down the pitch moaning at the ref.
  • Options
    Not an out and out winger as he doesn't have the trickery, but can do a decent job for you at that level on the right of the 3 attackers in a 4-3-3 format perhaps, as a lower division Theo Walcott type player...
  • Options
    edited April 2015

He'd never score a goal like this one from Dale Stephens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuxOdwCJ39Y
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Wish him the best of luck whether he stays at Bristol City or moves elsewhere, agree with others that League 1 is probably his level but always gave 100% for us. Scored a screamer against Bournemouth first game of the season we won the league (credit to plentyofshots for the gif).

*Edit- Henry beat me to it!*

• Options
    For a "limited" player he's now got two League One and a JPT medal, not the Champions League but a dam sight more than many of his peers will achieve in their careers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still rate him! Would have been a damn sight better than anything we had on the wing last year! Bar Stewart!
  • Options
    Always thought he'd have moved on as a player by converting to right back.
  • Options

Always thought he'd have moved on as a player by converting to right back.

Mostly played as a wing back this year from what I've read!!
  • Options

His clubmates gave Parkinson's men a right thumping last night. Bristol City are going to be a force to be reckoned with next season. Alas, I can't see Wagstaff being a major factor for them after this season

thing is .. the relationship/comparison between us and Bristol City re 'success' is irrelevant: different squads, manager, funding, catchment area .. It's MY OPINION that B C will have a good season next time .. as recently did Norwich, Southampton and (to a lesser extent) Wolves ... that OK with you ?
  • Options

9th 3 points away from play offs
  • Options
    se9addick said:

For a "limited" player he's now got two League One and a JPT medal, not the Champions League but a dam sight more than many of his peers will achieve in their careers.

Not yet he hasnt... Bristol City arent Champions just yet ;)
  • Options
    Charlton Test

Are you from the youth Squad? :Yes +10
    When you left the club were you a) Released or b) Did you actually want to move? Released +10
    After you left Charlton, did you go to a better club than Charlton? No +10
    Total Score: 30 (Positive reaction required)

Result: Best of luck to you Scott, love seeing a youth player do well, will always be in the lower leagues unfortunately, we had to let you go though!
  • Options
    Glad to see Waggy pass Husky's Charlton test. Will get a clap from me. Bailey didn't.
  • Options

On the other hand Athletico if all our players had his ability we would still be in League 1....harsh but fair I am afraid

Don't disagree but would rather accentuate his positives as a very likeable player.
  • Options
    Still gave me the best laugh in the stands as Lee was saying he is too fucking lightweight and the same second he scores
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playing tonight for Bristol City at home to WBA in FA Cup. Still only 25. Looks liked he's filled out a bit - but playing quite well.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    He has a big thick beard now.
  • Options
    Never seen him play, while gutsy, my very limited research suggests he is a defensive midfielder rather than a playmaker or goal scorer?

I'd rather have them first.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Still much better than Green.

And Stevens ?

(Edit) Stephens.
    Sorry.
  • Options
    Hendo

Solly
    Morro
    Taylor
    Wiggins

Poyet
    Cousins
    Jacko

Waggy
    Kerms
    Harriott

Would love to watch this team playing for us now.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Hendo

Solly
    Morro
    Taylor
    Wiggins

Poyet
    Cousins
    Jacko

Waggy
    Kerms
    Harriott

Would love to watch this team playing for us now.

replace taylor with dervite and you've actually got a solid team there.