Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aussie Open Tennis 2013

Comments

• Options
    Surely Fed cant win another tie break ?
  • Options
    oops. tie-break now.
  • Options
    6-6 Tiebreak
  • Options
    TB master at it again. Into a 5th set we go.

Djokovic loving this.
  • Options
    2 sets all momentum with Fed I fear
  • Options
    Murray holds though. Tougher now than a year ago, Lendl has made a big difference.
  • Options
    C'mon Andy!
  • Options
    big game now - Andy is 3-1 up in the final set and serving - currently 30-0..............
  • Options
    Hope fed powers through here
  • Options
    4-1 in the final set - just has to hold his serve & he's through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-2, 1 game away
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Piss off
  • Options
    done it
  • Options
    Yes !
  • Options
    edited January 2013

J BLOCK said:

Piss off

Why?
  • Options
    Yay! Just stuck it on my work computer in time for the two match points ;) great timing. Well done Andy! Final should be a cracker. Djokovic has to be favourite, but Murray has it in his locker to win
  • Options
    Monkey is truly off his back now. I totally expected him to tie it up in that last set. We truly do have a potential number 1 British tennis player here - seems strange even now! He has proved so many people wrong.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Piss off

Why?

Just be nice to get behind a Brit winner really. When success comes round in a sport where we have had none for so long, some people dont want it?!
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Piss off

Why?
    Just be nice to get behind a Brit winner really. When success comes round in a sport where we have had none for so long, some people dont want it?!
    This. Does it really need explaining?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Piss off

Why?

Matter of opinions, you support him, I can't stand him, irrespective of his nationality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

2 sets all momentum with Fed I fear

you feared unnecessarily. He has the talent but sometimes lacked the toughness needed. Mentally much tougher now and a big monkey off his back today. Well done Andy.

Funny how some want a Scot to lose but were happy for loads of athletes to pick up Olympic medals in the name of Great Britain when they are really foreigners. Strange.

• Options
    If Andy Murray was a footballer which team would he be most suited to ?

I know the answer by the way.
  • Options
    Brilliant Murray, hope he wins another slam.
  • Options
    3 major finals in a row, how can anyone mock Andy Murray.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

If Andy Murray was a footballer which team would he be most suited to ?

I know the answer by the way.

He's a winner. Spain?
  • Options
    Apart from the Davis Cup and the Olympics, men’s tennis is an individual sport. People can support who they like regardless of their nationality. Andy Murray is playing for Andy Murray, not GB or even Scotland.
    I'm a big fan of Federer and wanted him to win. Like in golf I want Tiger to win unless it's the Ryder Cup and then I'd even cheer Colin Montgomery even though I despise him.
    No need for anyone to swear at each other over it.
  • Options
    great start for 2013 for British sport
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Apart from the Davis Cup and the Olympics, men’s tennis is an individual sport. People can support who they like regardless of their nationality. Andy Murray is playing for Andy Murray, not GB or even Scotland.
    I'm a big fan of Federer and wanted him to win. Like in golf I want Tiger to win unless it's the Ryder Cup and then I'd even cheer Colin Montgomery even though I despise him.

Fair enough of course - but I would say just one thing. If nationality is of no importance at all, why do the players have their nationality in symbols next to their name at all times?
  • Options

Riviera said:

Fair enough of course - but I would say just one thing. If nationality is of no importance at all, why do the players have their nationality in symbols next to their name at all times?
    and Murray has the flag of St Andrew, not the Union Jack
  • Options

Riviera said:

The players or the media?