Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aussie Open Tennis 2013

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Bugger.
  • Options

I think I said this during Wimbledon, but why do the TV people insist on showing occasional points from ground level behind a player? You can't really see what's happening when they do this, so what's the point?
    Enjoying the match though!

Gives you a better understanding of the players prospective I assume.
    Hmm. Ok. It just annoys me because the viewer can't see what's going on - which surely should be the priority for the broadcaster?
    It looks to me like the producers are mixing things up just for the sake of it.

Anyway. Back to the match. Now 1-1 and looking interesting.
    On the other hand, Murray's feet are minging!
  • Options
    Still on serve after third game of third set.
  • Options
    Feel like the momentum is with Djok even though its still on serve in this set so far
  • Options
    3-3
  • Options
    This match is mad really. Two of the best returners in the game and yet no breaks of serve in 19 games.

4-3
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh dear. Cursed him. Three break points for Djokovic.

Takes the break. Djokovic serving for a 2-1 lead.
  • Options
    Holds to love. 6-7 7-6 6-3.
  • Options
    Oh dear
  • Options
    Good hold for Murray at the start of the fourth set. 1-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His fours gone
  • Options
    Oh dear. Djokovic breaks.
  • Options
    Double break. Game, set and match I think. Djokovic is ridiculous.
  • Options
    That's that then
  • Options
    Love 30 on Djokovic's serve. Murray HAS to take this to have any chance.
  • Options
    Djokovic holds... 5-1
  • Options
    Unbelievable from jokavic
  • Options
    5-2. Djokovic to serve for the title.
  • Options
    Love 30 again. Come on Murray.
  • Options
    Just too good.

6-7 7-6 6-3 6-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And sent him homeward tae think again
  • Options
    No shame in that for Murray, the Federer game seemed to drain him as the game went on - and Djokovic had the extra days rest too.

What a player Djokovic is, a machine.
  • Options

No shame in that for Murray, the Federer game seemed to drain him as the game went on - and Djokovic had the extra days rest too.

What a player Djokovic is, a machine.

They keep getting better ... Laver ... best ever, Borg ... best ever .... Sampras .. best ever, Federer, Nadal and now Djokovic .. etc etc .. <Murray is in the same boat as so many before him, Henman included a VERY VERY good player but not, alas, a great one
  • Options
    Djokovic is incredible, if only Murray could've won the 2nd....

Still Murray is in great shape for another good year French open might be interesting with Nadal constantly injured
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I hear that the commentry for the final is coming all the way from.................Salford !!

Yep, like Sky with the cricket, the BBC have pulled out all the stops to send their commentators all the way up the M6

Not the radio commentary on 5live, Jonathan Overand has been in Melbourne for the whole tournament.

• Options
    A disappointment for Murray to have lost obviously but not too many players have reached the final of 3 consecutive Grand Slams, winning one, and picked up an Olympic Gold along the way.

I still think there is more to come from him.
  • Options
    Heard this morning that Nadal returns is pencilled in for Brazil in February , will be interesting to see how he comes back.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    LenGlover said:

I still think there is more to come from him.

Of that there is no doubt. Although the official rankings don't yet show it, Murray is the No.2 player in the world. Beating Federer in a GS for the first time is another monkey off his back. I would expect Murray to appear in 3 of the four major finals this year and to end up with a least four Grand Slam titles before he retires.
  • Options

Heard this morning that Nadal returns is pencilled in for Brazil in February , will be interesting to see how he comes back.

French Open is end of May so sounds about right