Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hazard v the Ball Boy

Comments

• Options
    Exactly the laudrup told all them to either speed up or slow down depending on the time and the score

• Options

But if he was doing his job, Hazard wouldn't have pushed him over.

yeah. I shoved over some kid in McDonalds for not getting my burger quick enough. fast food my arse.

• Options

The official comment on the Chelsea twitter feed sums up what a shit club they are.

They're now apologising for their earlier tweet (which has been removed) What did it say?
  • Options

Showing it again on SSN, looks like he kicks the ball and what's the **** doing lying on the ball anyway. I'm no Chelsea fan and ball boys do slow the game down but that's just cheating.

Cheating? Carrying out the clubs orders is much more likely.

He was laying on the ball because Hazard pushed him over.
    You're probably right about the club orders Clem but that's them cheating instead (I guess all clubs do it but not to those lengths).

Disagree though about the push, looks like he's touched him trying to get the ball back and he's gone down like a sack of spuds.
  • Options
    Latest picture of the ball boy in the hospital.
  • Options
    That's funny CEJ
  • Options
    edited January 2013

The official comment on the Chelsea twitter feed sums up what a shit club they are.

They're now apologising for their earlier tweet (which has been removed) What did it say?

"Has football gone mad. Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it".
  • Options
    Brothers
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Swansea need to get a massive fine- that's all i'm saying. ref was right to send Hazard off but letting Swansea off would be wrong.

They are responsible for the actions/behaviours of their ball boys.
  • Options
    Say Hazard kicks Luke Shaw (17) for falling on the ball to timewaste in a game, would there have been the same reaction?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Say Hazard kicks Luke Shaw (17) for falling on the ball to timewaste in a game, would there have been the same reaction?

From the ref it would. Red card.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Blackburn away when we won 2-0 (King kennys first home defeat I think) when the ball went out of play and was returned to the keeper by the oldest ball boy we'd ever seen....

"Oi Ball Man" shouts out 'Bod' from the away end.....laughter all around - classic haha.
  • Options
    If it means I can havea rant at Chelsea fans I'm all over it. Horrible club.
  • Options
    Drogba rolling around on the floor

No difference called karma chaps

Great bit of novelty football incident
  • Options
    Exactly what I said mate, Drogba spent 10 minutes of the CL Final on the deck, didn't see anyone going up and kicking him? Exactly the same against Barcelona in the semi final. If every goal keeper that wasted time got a kick in the ribs there's be a lot of hurt goalkeepers!
  • Options
    Ball Boy wastes time in tight game.........not new, hey? Was Hazard Jealous because the ball boy was taller than him?
    6 game ban, Chelsea will appeal, the ball boys's parents will sue for common assault, John Terry will be called a s character witness for Hazard, Chelsea's lawyers will be all over it and the Society for Welsh ball boys will be involved
  • Options
    Its just a mountain being made from a mole hill
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    e hazard, hanging on a string, someone kick his.....ball boy
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Sending off was a joke

If you're going to comment on football at least learn the laws of the game.
    Which law?
    The ball boys are there to speed up the game..........ie get the ball into play as fast as possible.
    Hazard was trying to get the ball and was kicking under the ball boy.
    At worst his shin caught the ball boy, who by this time was lying on the ball.
    Have you not seen players do this when an opposition player lies on the ball. I've never seen one sent off and the game usually restarts with a free kick to the team that doesn't have the player laying on the ball.

I think there was 10 mins+ left to go and who knows what would have happened if the ball boy had just given the ball back. Momentum etc.

Instead he ruined the rest of the game and helped guarantee that his dads (?) team went through.

• Options
    If a fan runs on the pitch and gets hit by a player or kicked, he gets sent off for violent conduct on the football pitch this is no different
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Sending off was a joke

Have you not seen players do this when an opposition player lies on the ball. I've never seen one sent off and the game usually restarts with a free kick to the team that doesn't have the player laying on the ball.
    The reason why the game restarts with a freekick to the team that doesn't have a player lying on the ball is that he's usually holding on to it - in other words committing handball. The ball was out of play, and he was a ballboy, so that doesn't apply. You don't kick someone when they're down - it had to be a red.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Sending off was a joke

Which law?

Violent Conduct.
    You go on about ball boys, they are not mentioned anywhere in the laws of football.

Dermott Gallagher was just on the radio saying how Chris Foy had no choice as any violent conduct by a player, sub, manager, coach or official of a club has to be red carded.

Is that clear now?
  • Options
    Do we really need ball boys? If there was a big clock in grounds which was stopped every time the ball went out of play and restarted when it came back into play then a) no ball boys needed b) 90 minutes of actual football and c) more time away from the mother in law !!
  • Options

Do we really need ball boys? If there was a big clock in grounds which was stopped every time the ball went out of play and restarted when it came back into play then a) no ball boys needed b) 90 minutes of actual football and c) more time away from the mother in law !!

Im all in favour of time stopping, when the game is stopped, probably need to shorten the match time due to the fact i read somewhere that the average amount of time the ball is in play is 62 minutes.

Possibly wrong with that, it was a while ago.

• Options

Think we'd have to take our sleeping bags to matches, Large !

• Options
    Latest. South Wales police have interviewed both the boy and his Dad and they do NOT want to take the matter further.
    The boy was invited by Chelsea into their dressing room, met the players and while Hazzard apologised to him, the boy also apologised to Hazard.
    We've had dear old Len Glover quoting Shakespeare today so can I join in?
    All's well that ends well.

It should be left there but I'm sure the FA won't.
  • Options
    I reckon a brown envelope changed hands
  • Options
    If a Charlton ball boy got a Palace player sent off, he'd have a stand named after him.
  • Options
    bbc stats are in

• Options
    If I could afford to lose my job like Hazard, why not. Ball boy was being a little shit