Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hazard v the Ball Boy

Comments

• Options
    MattD said:

If I could afford to lose my job like Hazard, why not. Ball boy was being a little shit

I would of given him a wedgy then thrown him into the crowd, Sheep shagger anyway
  • Options
    Well done to the ball boy and well done to Swansea
  • Options
    Reminds me of time wasting at another Chelsea carling cup game but this time it was some pissed up woman holding on to the ball. Just before charlton beat thrm on penalties but which didn't end their unbeaten run. Ahem.
  • Options
    If we were frustratingly 2-0 down away at palace and kermorgant goes to retrieve the ball from the sideline for our throw in, but the ball boy is lying on the ball, taking the f""king piss, what emotion would you, as a spectator, be feeling?
  • Options
    Thats why Red Division carry flares and smoke granades.
  • Options
    Fair play to Hazard
  • Options
    Eden Hazard the 3rd most famous belgian? who the f--ck are the other 2.
  • Options

Vincent Kompany and Bradley Wiggins ;)
  • Options
    Hazard clearly is trying to kick the ball from under him.
  • Options
    Interesting point made elsewhere...was the ball boy just copying what the pros do trying to time waste having been told to do that.

Suspect they do it all the time but usually players don't react...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe the Watford players should've come into the away end on New Years Day and kicked all of us who held onto the ball...
  • Options
    The boots of Hazard.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Vincent Kompany and Bradley Wiggins ;)
    Hercule Poirot?
  • Options
    CAFCElite said:

Thats why Red Division carry flares and smoke granades.

Give it a rest mate!
  • Options
    "Jimbo has clearly got some sort of deep-rooted problem here, for in 1991 he blamed Second Division Blackburn's failure to knock reigning champions Liverpool out of the FA Cup on the actions of a ball-girl. Rovers had deserved to win the game. Kevin Moran was unjustly sent off for the home side – even Ian Rush, who Moran sent tumbling to the ground as they both chased a long ball, thought the decision harsh. "I managed to change direction," explained Rush after the match. "Kevin was coming at me. He didn't have time to stop or go back. We almost ran into each other. I think it was a foul, but not a sending off." Rovers were still a goal to the good, but the minutes added for Moran's red card would prove costly. Deep into injury time, Ray Houghton flung in a ball from the right, Gary Gillespie failed to connect, and the unsighted Mark Atkins deflected the ball into his own net.

Liverpool had escaped with a draw – but only, as Jimmy Hill noted on BBC television after the final whistle, because an over-eager Ewood Park ballgirl had returned the ball to the visitors with indecent haste, allowing Houghton to quickly instigate the move which did for Rovers. Hill was, of course, technically right – but in the final analysis, blaming unpaid workers for the failings of professional footballers is a bit off. And Hill a union man as well. For shame."

1991 it was. Thought it was much earlier. And had forgotten it was a ball girl.
  • Options
    it was pre sky so the dark ages of football
  • Options
    Couldn't Hazard have just rolled the kid off the ball, rather than kicking him? Just a thought. ( Not read every post on the thread, so apologies if someone has already suggested that ).
  • Options
    The bigger question here is why are a welsh club playing in an English competition.
  • Options
    Agree with Joey Barton...should have kicked him harder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boy is son of the major shareholder at Swansea who himself is worth £42m according to the soar away Sun. Spoilt brat!
  • Options
    Hazard is a grown up. He should behave like one. The ball boy is a young teen, and behaved like one. Grown ups are supposed to lead the way. There is no defence . 'if it happened to us' stories are weak and have no logic. Take the emotion out of it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Boy is son of the major shareholder at Swansea who himself is worth £42m according to the soar away Sun. Spoilt brat!

Yeah, Class War! Should've given him a proper shoeing if you ask me.
  • Options

Hazard is a grown up. He should behave like one. The ball boy is a young teen, and behaved like one. Grown ups are supposed to lead the way. There is no defence . 'if it happened to us' stories are weak and have no logic. Take the emotion out of it.

I'd say the boy was certainly not a young teen. That would be 13 or 14. he's a mid-teen or arguably an old-teen. It is still hilarious 12 hours later.

• Options
    Hardly anything about itin the Daily Mail

Football's fresh shame: Shocking moment £170,000-a-week Chelsea star kicked time-wasting BALLBOY, 17, in the ribs
    • South Wales Police 'takes such matters very seriously' and is investigating
    • Shameful incident during Chelsea's League Cup semi-final at Swansea City
    • Hazard, who signed for £32m, tried to regain ball after it went out of play
    • But he apparently became angry when Swansea's ballboy smothered ball
    • Kicked ballboy and was sent off by Chris Foy despite teammates' protests
    • Ballboy named as Charlie Morgan, son of Swansea director Martin Morgan
    • Morgan examined by paramedics and Hazard apologises in dressing room
    • Chelsea official Twitter account asks: 'Has football gone mad?'
  • Options
    Hazard shouldn't of kicked a ballboy. But this ballboy is not 13 is he!?
    He's old enough to be drinking on the way to the game at Stamford bridge 2 weeks ago, so got to be late teens.

Saw this jokers twitter account. Self-proclaimed "lad"... looked like a fu***** pansy rolling around like that!
  • Options
    I usually don't have a lot of time for PL players, but thought Hazard was well within his rights, "ballboy" was being a tw*t and he tried to kick it out from under him to get the game going, never looked to kick the kid didn't even look angry when he was doing it.
  • Options
    When all said and done, Foy was adding time on for the 'time-wasting' anyway.
  • Options
    There's more...

Hazard incident poses the question... when will Chelsea rise from the gutter?
    Swansea ball boy was 'bent', claims Sky Sports pundit Glenn Hoddle
    Why was the ball boy attempting to cheat? Football needs to look at itself
    VIDEO: Watch incredible moment Hazard KICKS Swansea ball boy and is shown a red card in Chelsea League Cup semi meltdown
  • Options
    Good to see someone at Chelsea had the sense to pull the stupid tweet about about the ball boy and then apologise for it.