Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hazard v the Ball Boy

Comments

• Options
    This is what Swansea really needed......a goal from the ballboy

youtube.com/watch?v=vQx2_KQVkpIhttp://
  • Options
    The ball boy now has more followers on Twitter than Swansea City- Madness
  • Options

I'm with Robbie Savage on that matter. via Twitter
    "If the ball boy gives the ball back straight away and does his job properly that doesn't happen"

Im sure Robbie Savage never wasted time during his career.

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

I'm with Robbie Savage on that matter. via Twitter
    "If the ball boy gives the ball back straight away and does his job properly that doesn't happen"

Im sure Robbie Savage never wasted time during his career.

He was a player not a ball boy.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Good to see someone at Chelsea had the sense to pull the stupid tweet about about the ball boy and then apologise for it.

They stopped well short of accusing the ballboy of saying something racist to John Obi Mikel this time. They are obviously learning, albeit slowly
  • Options

Couldn't Hazard have just rolled the kid off the ball, rather than kicking him? Just a thought. ( Not read every post on the thread, so apologies if someone has already suggested that ).

He tried that first.
    Mmmm... No not really.
  • Options
    On Health and Saftey advice..
    WTH.JPG 42.6K
  • Options
    It was funny

A because a 17 yr old gets kicked and rolls round like he has been battered

B he is welsh

C it's Chelsea

D the whole country has gone into meltdown

He shouldn't have done it, hazard shouldn't of done it

They both did he got kicked hazard rightly gets a ban

So what
  • Options
    From this guy (who does amazingly detailed drawings): https://twitter.com/getbentsaggy

• Options

It was funny

B he is welsh

C it's Chelsea

So what

Agreed!

Also widely unreported that he was invited into the Chelsea changing room afterwards, he apologised, Hazard apologized, they all shook hands and carried on.

Still brilliant viewing though :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    red_murph said:

It was funny

B he is welsh

C it's Chelsea

So what

Agreed!

Also widely unreported that he was invited into the Chelsea changing room afterwards, he apologised, Hazard apologized, they all shook hands and carried on.

Still brilliant viewing though :)
    It was reported by me, on here last night.
  • Options
    If Cantona was banned 9 months for kicking an obnoxious Palace fan who had been venting his spleen against him for most of the game - then how much should Hazard be banned for kicking a rather slow and not too bright ball boy who was probably following orders to slow the game down a little (which is probably why Swansea are keen to let the matter rest)?
  • Options
    Well he receives a 3 match ban for his straight red and personally I think that is enough. He's apologised and made up with the lad so a think it's time to draw a line.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Well he receives a 3 match ban for his straight red and personally I think that is enough. He's apologised and made up with the lad so a think it's time to draw a line.

Yeah, but you think Sky saved football, so not really negotiating from a position of strength are you... ;-)

• Options
    Sorry but your comment simply doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    Neither did your one about Sky saving football.
  • Options

Don't bite Algarve It's Chirpy in disguise trust me.
  • Options
    Bugger, and there was I thinking he was biting at me... ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yep he's not as clever as he thinks he is regurgitating all his old pet hates and loves, piece of cake nailing him really.
  • Options
    It's not about biting, and I don't know what you mean about being chirpy.
    @Algarve are you old enough to remember pre-EPL? Terrible days. Run down grounds half empty and plenty of hooliganism. Our best players wanting to go abroad, Lineker, Gaza, Francis, Keegan, Rush, Souness, Wilkins etc and very, very few world class foreigners over here.
    One live game a week on ITV plus 3 matches as highlights on MOTD. No coverage of the lower leagues.
    Now we get to see every goal and incident from every game in all the leagues. Live football on almost every day. Some of the best players in the world playing in England. Brand new comfortable grounds full of families feeling safe at a football match.
    That's just some of the things that would not have happened without the huge investment by BSKYB.
    Ok there are some downsides like player power due to their wages and the influence of the agent but overall I think football in England is in a much better position than before Sky got involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hazard is a grown up. He should behave like one. The ball boy is a young teen, and behaved like one. Grown ups are supposed to lead the way. There is no defence . 'if it happened to us' stories are weak and have no logic. Take the emotion out of it.

Hazard is only 5 years older than him. They are both rich. Its fair.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Riviera said:

It's not about biting, and I don't know what you mean about being chirpy.
    @Algarve are you old enough to remember pre-EPL? Terrible days. Run down grounds half empty and plenty of hooliganism. Our best players wanting to go abroad, Lineker, Gaza, Francis, Keegan, Rush, Souness, Wilkins etc and very, very few world class foreigners over here.
    One live game a week on ITV plus 3 matches as highlights on MOTD. No coverage of the lower leagues.
    Now we get to see every goal and incident from every game in all the leagues. Live football on almost every day. Some of the best players in the world playing in England. Brand new comfortable grounds full of families feeling safe at a football match.
    That's just some of the things that would not have happened without the huge investment by BSKYB.
    Ok there are some downsides like player power due to their wages and the influence of the agent but overall I think football in England is in a much better position than before Sky got involved.

I guess quality iwse you might be right but not sure fans will see the game as a sport now...rather a business there to make money.

At the top level anyway.
  • Options

Don't bite Algarve It's Chirpy in disguise trust me.
    I had worked this out a while ago too.
  • Options

Yep he's not as clever as he thinks he is regurgitating all his old pet hates and loves, piece of cake nailing him really.

And who are you? how would you know Chirpy if you've only been a member since November - he's been banned longer than that? And who is Red Chaser? And I thought maybe baby was two sheds.

This is all so confusing.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to clarify that I am indeed AddickUpNorth and no one else.

Back to the thread - just seen Ashley Cole's mum has branded the Welsh kid a 'fxxking little shxt' on Facebook. This after she condoned coin throwing in December through the same medium. Classy woman.
  • Options
    Thing is if Hazards red card is upheld won't that make it OK for ball boys to do this all the time? Another form of cheating is something the game is not short of. I think Swansea should also be punished as well after all the ball boy was hardly innocent was he.
  • Options
    The red card has to be upheld. If the FA believe the ball boy was timing wasting to a punishable extent, then they punish Swansea. It isn't (and should never be) up to a player to take the law into their own hands. Upholding the red card doesn't in any way condone the actions of the ball boy, it simple states that kicking people who get in your way (whether deliberately or accidentally) is not acceptable.
  • Options
    Also, I think it's going to be very hard to punish Swansea. Ball boys at every club waste time when their team is winning. Where do you draw the line. Swansea will claim that Hazard pushed over the ball boys, and if he'd just let him do his job they'd have got the ball back in play a lot faster than was the case on the day. To punish Swansea you'd have to prove the ball boy wasn't pushed, and that he didn't slip, and that it was all deliberately orchestrated. They'd then have to form an arbitrary "line in the sand" over how much time wasting by ball boys is too much.

Currently I imagine a referee can include in his match report that the ball boys were wasting time excessively and the club will then be spoken to by the authorities. I don't see any need for a change in that system.
  • Options
    I always think time wasting is counter productive as the ref will only add on time. If you've only got a one goal lead that extra time might just be the difference between winning and drawing/losing. On occasions I've been worried that our time wasting might come back to bite us.
  • Options
    edited January 2013