Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hazard v the Ball Boy

Comments

• Options

Agree with Joey Barton...should have kicked him harder.

Joey Barton and the Daily Mail. Help! I'm not sure who I'm meant to disagree with more.

Storm in a teacup anyway, usual media sensationalism over a playground spat. The world is full of morons.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Sending off was a joke

If you're going to comment on football at least learn the laws of the game.
    Which law?

Violent Conduct.
    You go on about ball boys, they are not mentioned anywhere in the laws of football.

Dermott Gallagher was just on the radio saying how Chris Foy had no choice as any violent conduct by a player, sub, manager, coach or official of a club has to be red carded.

Is that clear now?
    Since when has kicking a ball from underneath someone been violent conduct though. He didn't kick him, despite the ballboy pretending he did.
  • Options
    He's certainly wealthy. I spent a few mins going through his pictures like a sad old woman and he flies business class and drinks champagne. He's no young kid.

He acted like a first class winker and I bet his dad is well embarrassed of his behaviour. If he's not he should be.
  • Options

Couldn't Hazard have just rolled the kid off the ball, rather than kicking him? Just a thought. ( Not read every post on the thread, so apologies if someone has already suggested that ).

He tried that first.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Sending off was a joke

If you're going to comment on football at least learn the laws of the game.
    Which law?

Violent Conduct.
    You go on about ball boys, they are not mentioned anywhere in the laws of football.

Dermott Gallagher was just on the radio saying how Chris Foy had no choice as any violent conduct by a player, sub, manager, coach or official of a club has to be red carded.

Is that clear now?
    Since when has kicking a ball from underneath someone been violent conduct though. He didn't kick him, despite the ballboy pretending he did.
    Violent conduct does not have to mean physical contact. Whether he kicked the boy or the ball is irrelevant. You can get red card for flying in to a tackle with studs showing, feet off the ground etc even if there is no contact.
    The ref saw it as violent conduct, that's what happens in football, the ref has to make a decision without the benefit of replays. He may have been told some info through his earpiece. From the first look at the incident in real time and with the reaction of the kid it certainly looked like violent conduct to me, and to the authorities too. Just because further investigation may prove otherwise doesn't come into it, for now at least.
  • Options
    Anyone remember Leeds away when they got relegated from the premier league & the ball boy did something to upset us & the chant when up "Ball Boy you're a c**t, (repeated many times)....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    They should get more blokes to be the ball boys.

Get some 6 foot 6 Terry Crews lookalike holding on to the ball, see who tries to get it back quicker then.
  • Options
    How about when Terry Venables played ball boy and threw it straight to a Spurs player who then caught Venables' Leeds team cold and Spurs scored. That was funny.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Boy is son of the major shareholder at Swansea who himself is worth £42m according to the soar away Sun. Spoilt brat!

I expect he made his fortune by getting kids to work for nothing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any chance we can get 'that' ball boy at the Valley for Saturday?

Would love to see Jose Semedo's face if we are 1-0 up with a minute to go!
  • Options
    Why are some games played under a multi-ball system and others like last night with just the one? Surely it should be the same all the time?
  • Options
    Surely the point is a ballboy dicking around getting the ball back into play wastes about 4 or 5 seconds at most. Chelsea had 90 minutes to score a couple of goals. Hazard should have put a bit more effort into playing football rather than kicking kids.
  • Options
    180 mins even!
  • Options
    It's one of the funniest things I've seen at a football game.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Why are some games played under a multi-ball system and others like last night with just the one? Surely it should be the same all the time?

I THINK the home team decides before the game, I seem to remember Stuart Pearce at city going round and collecting all the spare balls from the ball boys as they were winning with 5mins to go and the FA said going forward it's one or the other and has to be decided before kick off.

Or have I dreamt/made that up??
  • Options
    Slightly off topic, I also think pro golfers should all use the same make/model of golf ball in professional tournaments.
  • Options
    I'm with Robbie Savage on that matter. via Twitter
    "If the ball boy gives the ball back straight away and does his job properly that doesn't happen"
  • Options

"If the ball boy gives the ball back straight away and does his job properly that doesn't happen"

That's just typical from that thicko. Pointless comment.

If Hitler hadn't invaded Poland then WWII wouldn't have happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently Joey Barton has tweeted "Hazards only crime was that he didn't kick him harder"
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

He's certainly wealthy. I spent a few mins going through his pictures like a sad old woman and he flies business class and drinks champagne. He's no young kid.

He acted like a first class winker and I bet his dad is well embarrassed of his behaviour. If he's not he should be.

This. OK, Hazard shouldn't have kicked him, but I can't blame him for being frustrated. The kid behaved like an embarassing tit - when he was rolling around like a Watford player in an attempt to emulate his 'heroes' my love for the game died just a tiny bit more.

What ever happened to self respect? He's milking the publicity for it now, but it will define him for the rest of his life and he will be forever known for it and it will be a curse. At some point he is going to really, really regret it.....

• Options
    Speaking as a former ballboy (tennis) I'd have ended up with McEnroe's racquet over my head if I'd taken that long to retrieve the ball. The point being, it is a ballboys job to retrieve and deliver the ball back into play as quickly as possible. That kid was deliberately preventing Hazard from getting the ball. Incredibly frustrating for any athlete in the heat of battle with adrenaline pumping through their veins.
  • Options
    This is how ballboys are supposed to operate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gUgPkJ76x8
  • Options
    Riviera said:

That's just typical from that thicko. Pointless comment.

If Hitler hadn't invaded Poland then WWII wouldn't have happened.
    Hitler's wrong doings are slightly different to Hazard's.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Lol!

The boy looks like that fat spotty kid who takes a drum away games.
    haha classic!
  • Options
    Idiot + idiot = idiocy, nuff said.
  • Options
    Hazard was trying to kick the ball out from underneath him, and the ball boy was an idiot.
  • Options
    There's only one person on CL who can give us the difinitive gen on this.

Come on Corey Watts spill the beans...