Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prison sentence for Chelsea Supporters in possession of flares

Comments

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

They're meant for emergencies to summon help not used by idiots.

But what if an idiot wants to summon help?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Crusty54 said:

But what if an idiot wants to summon help?
    Tough, they cant!
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I've decided to leave charltonlife. If people can't see the dangers of letting off flares I don't want to be here anymore.

They're also used to make going football pretty.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

I've decided to leave charltonlife. If people can't see the dangers of letting off flares I don't want to be here anymore.

Are you aware of how dangerous a flounce can be?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Have most of you failed to notice that the serious night club fire in Brazil was caused by a flare.

I have often found that football stadiums these days aren't indoors, aren't made of wood and don't have flammable fixtures and fittings.

Nightclubs also don't have massive patches of empty grass in the middle just in case something goes wrong.

So its ok to set flares off then ?

They are fire hazards and therefore illegal unless used for emergency situations.

There's a pitch in the middle for escaping into. Great news. Just let us know where you draw the line - can I use petrol bombs? Is tht okay 'cos the roof isn't made if paper?

Flares are dangerous and unwelcome. And as Wilma said, firing them up inside a stadium IS against the law. Clearly. Comparing the sentences to paedophiles, bad drivers and rapsists is ridiculous, irrelevant and redundant.

• Options
    I like flares and smoke bombs but unfortunatley they are illegal in sports stadiums. They are illegal for very good reasons too.
    However, why are they deemed ok when it is the play off finals, 6 nations rugby or when the red devils fly into town?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Crusty54 said:

He'll be back, they all come back.....
  • Options
    In the programme yesterday, it was mentioned that the club has already faced censure by the FA for the flare at the Bristol City match and that it fears significant penalties for the flare and seat thrown at the Millwall match. The rules are there - you can't take them into a football ground, so anyone doing so cannot be called a supporter of the club as they are causing the club to be penalised. We have little money as it is, so wasting what little we have on fines for idiots who think they have the right to do as they please is not at all fair on the law abiding majority.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    So if your a dunce or criminal minded you are unable to be a charlton fan?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Crusty54 said:

he has a flair for the dramatic, it'll soon fizzle out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nolly said:

It's a very harsh call, but thanks for coming along in the past anyway nolly.
  • Options
    A friend told me Hull let off a flare at Millwall last week.
  • Options
    nolly said:

That is not what I said.

If you cause a criminal act which causes the club you claim to support, to be penalised, you cannot be said to be supporting that club.
  • Options

Fair game at the KC next week then!!
  • Options

Fair game at the KC next week then!!
    Whoop whoop! Where can I purchase them? This 40 year old wants to get his pyrotechnic groove on. Doubt we'll sell our allocation so I'll make sure I stand in a clear 'safe zone' to minimize health and safety issues.
  • Options
    If you don't like, then don't bring them.
    If one does goes off, why let it bother you?

Some people enjoy moaning i guess.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Crusty54 said:

"You can check out anytime you like................"

• Options

And flares are quite a lot hotter than cigarette butts.

Flares can be seen easily and reacted to quickly...a cigarette can smoulder for up to fifteen minutes unnoticed.

Bradford was a rubbish strewn wooden stand.

• Options
    Over 8,000 deaths and injuries in UK last year through flares at football matches irresponsible drinking. What say everyone is breathalized before they can enter a stadium.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Crusty54 said:

"You can check out anytime you like................"

So true!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Flares & SmokeBombs ARE illegal....."
  • Options

Over 8,000 deaths and injuries in UK last year through flares at football matches irresponsible drinking. What say everyone is breathalized before they can enter a stadium.

They actually do that in certain places in South America.

• Options
    edited February 2013

I don't want to support a family club,I want to support Charlton Athletic. I wonder how many families follow the team up north,or away midweek. How many families were involved in the clean up at the Valley? How many families create the atmosphere that our players love,and motivates them to put in the extra effort? I'd bet not as many as normal fans

I'm not at all having a dig at families,I fully understand people have committments that stop people from going to as many games as they'd like to etc, but this 'family club' label really p*sses me off. Maybe we should turn the covered end into a creche.

EDIT-this was aimed at comments in your link,not at your comment mog
  • Options
    Are confetti bazookas allowed?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I don't want to support a family club,I want to support Charlton Athletic. I wonder how many families follow the team up north,or away midweek. How many families were involved in the clean up at the Valley? How many families create the atmosphere that our players love,and motivates them to put in the extra effort? I'd bet not as many as normal fans

I'm not at all having a dig at families,I fully understand people have committments that stop people from going to as many games as they'd like to etc, but this 'family club' label really p*sses me off. Maybe we should turn the covered end into a creche.

What label would you like our club to have?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Yeah, all those families are not "normal". So strange.

• Options
    WSS said:

Croydon said:

Yeah, all those families are not "normal". So strange.

normal meaning fans who don't attend with their families. Didn't mean for it to come across as 'families who support charlton are strange and weird'

• Options
    @ME14addick why does it have to have one?
  • Options

Croydon said:

What label would you like our club to have?
    Carling Black.
  • Options
    On some Palarse forums they were moaning about the flare and smoke bomb at their dump last week but at Watford last Friday they had smoke bombs and bangers (One for you Off_it!)

Off the subject a little but speaking to a Watford fan at work he said it was by far the worst trouble he had seen at Vicarage road for a good few years with CARS being damaged and running battles all the way to the station!

Also a Palarse idiot threw a seat from the back of the stand hitting a palace 12 year old splitting his head open!

TWATS!!