Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prison sentence for Chelsea Supporters in possession of flares

Comments

• Options
    My dad took me and my brothers and now I take my son and my brother brings his sons.

Nothing wrong with "family" club.

• Options
    Croydon said:

@ME14addick why does it have to have one?

It doesn't, but far better to be known as 'family friendly', than for the bad reputation that some clubs have.
  • Options

My dad took me and my brothers and now I take my son and my brother brings his sons.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make,I just felt the way the article was worded was to suggest that families have more right following charlton than anyone else. As somone who attended games as a youngster with my dad and sister,I'm certainly not against families attending and I can't wait until I have kids and can take them to their first charlton game. It's just the label that to me seems to say all over other supporters are 'unwanted' by the club

• Options
    Croydon said:

That wasn't the point I was trying to make,I just felt the way the article was worded was to suggest that families have more right following charlton than anyone else. As somone who attended games as a youngster with my dad and sister,I'm certainly not against families attending and I can't wait until I have kids and can take them to their first charlton game. It's just the label that to me seems to say all over other supporters are 'unwanted' by the club

I read it the other way ie that Charlton is a club where you are happy to attend with your family but the behaviour of some supporters, ie smashing toilets and seats, might deter some fans from attending or bring others with them.

Nothing in there read like "families only" to me.

• Options

Croydon said:

I read it the other way ie that Charlton is a club where you are happy to attend with your family but the behaviour of some supporters, ie smashing toilets and seats, might deter some fans from attending or bring others with them.

Must admit,after reading your post I then re-read the article and your way of thinking makes much more sense. Which therefore makes my original post obsolete,and makes me look like a bit of an arse. I'll show myself out

• Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

Must admit,after reading your post I then re-read the article and your way of thinking makes much more sense. Which therefore makes my original post obsolete,and makes me look like a bit of an arse. I'll show myself out

Nice one to be honest and say that.

DRF will be very happy that someone on CL changed their opinion : - )

• Options
    Charity shop van picked up my flares this morning. I am not risking going to jail.
  • Options
    Taken this off the Millwall forum that was linked, we could do with one of those puke smilies on this forum, Nigels at Watford....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glv1th6_Bak

God, where to begin? Besides the south London comments, is that a strobe light?! Such weird, weird 'people',
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This is a bit of a maybe: Flares are let off in the North Upper...people panic and leave the ground...the match is stopped and the players leave the pitch. Ten minutes later a WW2 bomb thats been buried under the centre circle goes off. Nobody is hurt and flares become compulsory at all home games.

It could happen!
  • Options
    Pathetic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    dizzee said:

Pathetic

I've just realised that to be sympathetic is to care for the pathetic...isnt that quite beautiful?

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Taken this off the Millwall forum that was linked, we could do with one of those puke smilies on this forum, Nigels at Watford....

God, where to begin? Besides the south London comments, is that a strobe light?! Such weird, weird 'people',

WTF?
  • Options
    How have Palace and Watford managed to have a row ? Must have been like something out of the Tweenies.
  • Options
    How have Palace and Watford managed to have a row ? Must have been like something out of the Tweenies.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    it'll be well cool when we get one of those strobey flashy disco lighty thingy flares but it will not be copying palace
  • Options
    do these people not think about those with epilepsy? disgusting behaviour.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I don't think I want to live any more.
  • Options

This is a bit of a maybe: Flares are let off in the North Upper...people panic and leave the ground...the match is stopped and the players leave the pitch. Ten minutes later a WW2 bomb thats been buried under the centre circle goes off. Nobody is hurt and flares become compulsory at all home games.

It could happen!

This also is a bit of a maybe. Man attends fun run in suit of armour. Doesn't have time to change and goes to match in armour. Ten minutes into the match a burger van explodes after hitting an unexploded bomb in the car park and part of the oven hits the man wearing the armour. Nobody is hurt and suits of armour become compulsory at all home games.

It could happen!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Something to do with Palace accusing Watford of abusing the Loan System.....
  • Options

it'll be well cool when we get one of those strobey flashy disco lighty thingy flares but it will not be copying palace

Like a lot of people when I first saw flares for the first time (when Channel 4 started showing Serie A) I thought they were fantatic and wished they were here. Smoke I like as well.

There are a lot of ultra things, such as the Pozman which I don't like, apart from when the umpaa lumpa's did it! The stobe light falls under that category. It's ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about Laser pens? Do we like them?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

How about Laser pens? Do we like them?

i'd prefer a red flashing cycle light clipped to everyones bobblehat.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

The stobe light falls under that category. It's ridiculous.

I follow the ultra scene quite closely, and if you 'like' ultras-tifo.net on Facebook you get daily updates from what's been going on around the world. I have never, ever seen a strobe light. I'm still struggling to process how utterly retarded the idea is. Any actual ultras seeing that would simply point and laugh.
  • Options
    I'm going to say something, I know I'm going to get sh1t for asking but all this hooli stuff is not my world and has never been...... So, what is an Ultra?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I'm going to say something, I know I'm going to get sh1t for asking but all this hooli stuff is not my world and has never been...... So, what is an Ultra?

Basically hardcore supporter groups who will follow their team home and away and will try to out-do the opposition with displays of flags, banners, mosaics or 'tifo', etc. Often there'll be a leader at the front, sometimes with a megaphone, who'll be leading the chants and synchronised clapping and jumping.

Some groups have political leanings, only a minority of people are violent, whilst all will be against modern football and believe ACAB (all cops are bastards).

• Options
    So you mean like our very own Red Division then?
  • Options
    Theres no Ultras in english football

• Options
    MattD said:

Theres no Ultras in english football

Apart from Palace....

• Options
    Maybe we COULD have our own version. We could call them "Absolutely supers".
  • Options
    ...and why is it only for Chelsea supporters in possession of flares, I think that is way too soft. Surely it should be "Prison for Chelsea supporters".