Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Balotelli

4 goals in 3 games...

The boy looks like with the right attitude and guidance could become a very very special player that City may have missed out on.

Better than a lot of us thought when he was here, maybe wrong environment for him. Maybe the typical English attitude of not giving foreign footballers with personality a chance ...

Comments

• Options
    He had plenty of chances.
  • Options
    He's only played 3 games ! Against Udinese,Cagliari and Parma. - not quite like playing Milan,Juve or Napoli is it?

IMO he's an up-his-own-arse troublemaker.
  • Options
    Still two of them top half teams
  • Options
    He was always a good player, but he was disruptive.
  • Options
    Don`t rate him at all, waste of space with a selfish me me me attitude. Okay, he can take a penalty but doesn`t do much else and if it`s going wrong he walks around the pitch sulking like a spoilt brat.

People keep calling him special and great but in my opinion he can`t be mentioned in the same sentence along with players like Messi!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Who can be compared to Messi? Setting the bar a bit too high there.

His display for Italy in the Euros showed he can do it at the highest level. And he's already won titles in England and Italy.

Fantastic talent but a bit of a strange personality. He's still young so maybe with age he'll mature.
  • Options
    See what you mean but just trying to state the difference between him and people calling him special and great and someone who is actually great.
  • Options
    What you said was you "don't rate him at all, waste of space"

He's not Messi or Ronaldo (the two best players in the world) but he is already a very succesful player who's younger than both of those two.

He's a star and a very good player.

• Options

Who can be compared to Messi? Setting the bar a bit too high there.

His display for Italy in the Euros showed he can do it at the highest level. And he's already won titles in England and Italy.

Fantastic talent but a bit of a strange personality. He's still young so maybe with age he'll mature.

I was in Ukraine for the England v Italy game. He was dross.

Most over rated player of the last couple of years.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    One game v four league titles, FA Cup, Coppa italia, Champions League.

Wish we had a few dross, waste of space players who'd won all that by the age of 21. ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's not Messi or Ronaldo (the two best players in the world) but he is already a very succesful player who's younger than both of those two.

I don`t rate him and I do think he is a waste of space. He is disruptive, selfish, not a team player and not a good presence in the dressing room going by the evidence so far.

Just my opinion, you like him and others might like him, that`s the beauty of Charlton Life lol

• Options
    Balotelli needs to play, has to be the king-pin or else it won't work.

At Man City there was far too much rotation, Balotelli needs to play as the main striker or he won't produce his best.
  • Options
    Based on a purely personal level, has seemed like a top guy the couple of times i have met him, just needs to sort his ego out on the pitch & at work but not sure he has done much wrong off the pitch just has character.

I will miss him from English football.
  • Options
    When he is motivated, he is a brilliant player - anyone who watched him in Euro 2012 could see that.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

I don`t rate him and I do think he is a waste of space. He is disruptive, selfish, not a team player and not a good presence in the dressing room going by the evidence so far.

Just my opinion, you like him and others might like him, that`s the beauty of Charlton Life lol

So what about this gesture, call that selfish?...

http://metro.co.uk/2011/05/10/mario-balotelli-takes-truant-boy-back-to-school-and-gives-bullies-ticking-off-6389/
  • Options
    Done well tonight and then delivers this cracker of a post-match quote:

Balotelli on Sky Italia: "You want to compare me to Ibra? Well, that's a compliment... for him!"
  • Options
    Love Balotelli and miss him being in the English game. He's a fantastic entertainer. Great physique and athleticism, capable of brilliant skill, swagger and arrogance, sense of humour, terrible temper, quite quite mad, enfuriatingly inconsistent and does it all without appearing to give a shit about anything.

The lad is pure rock n roll and I'd love to have him playing him for us.
  • Options
    So much manlove for Mario!
  • Options
    Absolute hero. Not sure why people don't like him! Ripped Serie A apart last year an'all. Much rather him than someone like Rooney; as a player, and as a person.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love him back in the Prem.

I can see him fitting right in at Chelsea, and Mourinho loves him.
  • Options
    Class player, and the whole whackiness makes it even better. Some absolute rubbish being spouted about him looking back at the thread.
  • Options
    Favorite non charlton player by a country mile. Amazing life story amazing abililty. A very intelligent lad as well.
  • Options
    Him and seedorf must be the coolest manager player combo
  • Options
    When I saw the thread I thought we'd signed him ;-(
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAsXO5_8lTo

He just does not give a flying f does he.
  • Options
    Great goal.
  • Options
    What a goal
  • Options
    some strike that was