Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Balotelli

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that his reputation as a player isn't exactly going down, but his price tag is: £24m --> £19m -->16m
  • Options

Interesting that his reputation as a player isn't exactly going down, but his price tag is: £24m --> £19m -->16m

I'm sure milan got him for £10m
  • Options
    He doesn't stay for long at any club.
  • Options
    To be honest, for comedy value it would have been great fun if he and Suarez had been at the same club at the same time... with Suarez's insistence that 'negro' is perfectly acceptable in Uruguay and Balotelli being more incendiary than a box of fireworks it would not be long before something went incredibly wrong...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    An interesting scenario there mate for sure he would have got Balotelli to bite! :-0
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'll say this for Brendan Rodgers, he does like a challenge. Could be a Harry / Di Canio type master stoke signing but If it goes wrong there won't be any half measures it could completely ruin the dressing room morale and bring more troubled times on the Scousers:-0
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I'm sure milan got him for £10m
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21274457
    - This is where I got that figure from.
  • Options
    He's a good player that isn't consistent enough to be great.
  • Options
    I love Mario brings a real difference to the premier league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A pointless comparison when you ignore wages.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Over two summers and Everton only felt they needed one forward. I bet it's a different story when it comes to the wages.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Liverpool also spent £35m on Carroll
  • Options
    I really struggle to understand how Balotelli fits in with Rogers' brand of football.

Ignoring Suarez's goalscoring ability, he's swapped someone who will run and run, hassle, close down, run across and up and down the line and be a headache to the opposition for 90 minutes. For someone who is a luxury player and who will eventually end up rubbing his team mates the wrong way.

Last night Balotelli, I believe, did not touch the ball once in the opposition's penalty box. Good work if you can get it for the money he's on!
  • Options
    They need vetokele.

£50m and we can talk
  • Options

I really struggle to understand how Balotelli fits in with Rogers' brand of football.

Ignoring Suarez's goalscoring ability, he's swapped someone who will run and run, hassle, close down, run across and up and down the line and be a headache to the opposition for 90 minutes. For someone who is a luxury player and who will eventually end up rubbing his team mates the wrong way.

Last night Balotelli, I believe, did not touch the ball once in the opposition's penalty box. Good work if you can get it for the money he's on!

Balotelli was poor against Basel but that was not just down to him, their midfield was shocking against modest opponents.

Agree though that it has not panned out so far.
  • Options

Balotelli was poor against Basel but that was not just down to him, their midfield was shocking against modest opponents.

Agree though that it has not panned out so far.
  • Options
    Put Balotelli in the Arsenal team who create chances he will score so many goals.

Liverpool are creating nothing at the moment so why is everyone blaming Balotelli?

He scored a goal from nowhere in their last CL game.

He is a quality player, surrounded by average players and the odd good one.
  • Options
    Every player misses open goals so there's no point highlighting his glaring miss.

It was interesting to hear 'arry bemoan Q P R switching off for the Dunne own goal and Rogers claim that the really good players "switch on" when the ball goes dead.

However, Balotelli is in "self reflection" mode with his back to the action when the kick is taken by Sterling and only turns round when he hears the crowd.

Would Suarez, Lineker, Owen, Ronaldo etc etc react in the same way? Or shouldn't be expect a player of his "calibre" to have to concentrate for 90 plus minutes?
  • Options
    All players should concentrate for 90 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

All players should concentrate for 90 mins.

True but it's almost as if footballers are human and make mistakes.
  • Options
    Balotelli never looked in the game at all yesterday, misses aside. If he wasn't such a "character" off the field I honestly don't think people would rate him as highly as they do.
  • Options
    No better than Gervinho, just a less laughable barnet
  • Options
    He's a high quality striker but he just might not be up for it. Only 24 years old so his best years may be in front of him. Or...he could fade away into nothingness because he can't be bothered.
  • Options
    He seems a very selfish player, few times yesterday when Liverpool had men over in attack but he chose to have a shot every time, ok now and again he'll get a wonder goal but mostly not.

Think the commentator yesterday said than in all his time in the Premier League he only had one assist.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

He seems a very selfish player, few times yesterday when Liverpool had men over in attack but he chose to have a shot every time, ok now and again he'll get a wonder goal but mostly not.

Think the commentator yesterday said than in all his time in the Premier League he only had one assist.

Has so far proved to be a bad signing.

Hes desperate for a goal so perhaps just lashing out stupidly when chances become available instead of looking for the pass.

Reckon when in a big goal drought it doesnt really give forwards the best logical frame of mind.

If they stick with him...he might come good but wouldnt count on it.
  • Options
    I do not buy into this "there's a good player in there somewhere" or "on his day" nonsense.
    He is toilet, Lambert must be scratching his head.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Tbf that asist did win the league.

All these saying he is lazy. I've said before but it's just his style of play. But this being England you are only considered to be trying if you run around a lot, stick a boot in and show a bit of passion.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

iaitch said:

Tbf that asist did win the league.

All these saying he is lazy. I've said before but it's just his style of play. But this being England you are only considered to be trying if you run around a lot, stick a boot in and show a bit of passion.
    A bit like Suarez, Ronaldo or Messi because they don't work either do they?

So, if he's not scored any goals and has been given absolution from working for the benefit of the team, what exactly has he done to earn that million or so quid he has pocketed so far this season?
  • Options
    Completely agree with those that say if he didn't have such a ridiculous personality he would be nowhere near as big as he is now.